REVIEW: S16 EP40: "Celebrating The Hero's Comet!"

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Alexey
  • 1 Post By Kelleo

Thread: S16 EP40: "Celebrating The Hero's Comet!"

Blog Entries

Default S16 EP40: "Celebrating The Hero's Comet!"

Fucking Serebii for not updating. Because it's really Clebrating the Comet Hero's Commet. Next week is the same though.

Discuss the dub of the episode who aired today in CN US.

Summary (pokemon.com)
    Ash and friends turn their attention to the night sky to catch the passing of a rare comet, and at the same time, Team Rocket are turning their attention to nabbing Pikachu! With the comet comes a wave of odd events, including the appearance of some threatening Ghost-type Pokémon. This is no time for our heroes to get caught stargazing!

All future contents from the Japanese version of the show should be in spoiler tags.
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> GO, GO, GO, <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

I want to start with XY as soon as is possible.

I have unpopular opinions: I prefer an older character returning but it isn't from the original trio. I was one of the few who liked both DP and BW. And I think that TR shouldn't leave in the anime.

Blog Entries
    Follow Alexey On Twitter Add Alexey on Facebook

Default re: S16 EP40: "Celebrating The Hero's Comet!"

Now we know Jessie does powerlifting. A lot of powerlifting. Everything else is barely relevant
    Darth Darkrai likes this.

Nice how it ended on a cliffhanger.

Blog Entries

The Episode was Pretty Good I Guess.

Noivern was REALLY Cool I Think and Biting Meowth's Head was Hilarious I Thought.

I Give this an 8.2, could have been Better but still Enjoyed it.

Follow Muur On Twitter
    Follow Muur on Tumblr Visit Muur's Youtube Channel

I like how many brushes Alexa has.

I usually like episodes revolving around Ghost-type Pokemon because I expect them to be some kind of mysterious and creepy. Unfortunately, this ep didn't really live up to my expectations. The plot itself was too unspectacular for my taste and too many questions remained unsolved. For example, how come the hero's statue moved without any of the Pokemon causing it to move? But in my eyes the biggest question is the following: Isn't the appearance of a comet supposed to be a unique event? In the episode, however, it was said that it could be observed every ten years. In that case it sure can't be the same comet, so what's the point of celebrating it in the first place?

As I said, too many open question and a rather lackluster plot. The cliffhanger at the end was very good but I doubt it will be explained next week.
    "When I was younger, I used to dream of nothing other than becoming powerful through being victorious in battle, and so I trained endlessly."

Please visit the CYNTHIA CLUB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Queen Cynthia View Post
    But in my eyes the biggest question is the following: Isn't the appearance of a comet supposed to be a unique event? In the episode, however, it was said that it could be observed every ten years. In that case it sure can't be the same comet, so what's the point of celebrating it in the first place?
    Uh, no? Comets tend to go 'round on orbits that take them past earth's orbit cyclically, Hayley's comet being one of the best known out here in meatspace.

Anyway... historically, there have been times when one country used its knowledge of astronomy to predict a comet appearance, eclipse or other such thing, then used that knowledge to intimidate another country by making it look like they caused the event to happen. Interesting to see that mirrored here, though apparently the "tricked" party correctly surmised that Conley knew about the comet rather than thinking he summoned it.

Also, I initially misheard "Conley" as comely. Rather amusing that way- boy, Comely's comet sure is comely, huh?

Follow Muur On Twitter
    Follow Muur on Tumblr Visit Muur's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Queen Cynthia View Post
    I usually like episodes revolving around Ghost-type Pokemon because I expect them to be some kind of mysterious and creepy. Unfortunately, this ep didn't really live up to my expectations. The plot itself was too unspectacular for my taste and too many questions remained unsolved. For example, how come the hero's statue moved without any of the Pokemon causing it to move? But in my eyes the biggest question is the following: Isn't the appearance of a comet supposed to be a unique event? In the episode, however, it was said that it could be observed every ten years. In that case it sure can't be the same comet, so what's the point of celebrating it in the first place?

As I said, too many open question and a rather lackluster plot. The cliffhanger at the end was very good but I doubt it will be explained next week.
    Didn't they say every 100 years?

Follow Gabo 2oo On Twitter
    Follow Gabo 2oo on Tumblr Visit Gabo 2oo's Youtube Channel

I, for one, preferred the dubbed version of the cliffhanger scene rather than the Japanese one. Not only because the music they put was more mysterious, but also because after everyone was puzzled, the To Be Continued text remained there after the fade out... glaring at me, like yeah... this ain't finished yet.
    It doesn't matter if you aren't going to reach the goal, as long as you're still happy doing the trajectory.

Add Kelleo on Facebook
    Visit Kelleo's Youtube Channel

This episode was very interesting and mysterious! I hope the unanswered questions are answered in the next episode! :o

I bet I know who that ghostly woman is though.

G50
    Night Owl G50's Avatar Bulbanews Deputy Editor-in-Chief
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

Default Re: S16 EP40: "Celebrating The Hero's Comet!"

This episode was ok. I like the couple of funny moments, where Noivern was biting Meowth's head and Meowth's mouth being on fire, plus the statue falling right on top of Jessie.

Boomburst looks really cool. I like how the episode ended on a cliffhanger of who that woman was. She was probably either Connelly's wife or girlfriend or something.