REVIEW: S16 EP35 "Searching for a Wish!" - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: S16 EP35 "Searching for a Wish!"

Registered User charizardmaster125's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: S16 EP35 "Searching for a Wish!"

The Japanese version is much better than the dub on this occasion. I was not surprised that "A Small Thing" was replaced, I was expecting that in all honesty. The instrumental of "Be Brave, Be Strong, Be Honest" from movie 15 didn't sit right with me. Vocalized versions of "Follow Your Star" or "If We Only Learn to Trust" would have been better and If my ears aren't lying, the only piece of original bgm I heard was predictably Team Rockets motto and with just 1 piece of RAW music in this episode is quite disappointing.

The Japanese version had more emotion than the dub, their choice of music helped with that. All said and done though, I was happy with the dub voice acting and the writers fixing the scripting error in the Team Rocket Motto.
    http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/images/signaturepics/sigpic58355_1.gif

When Ash's Charizard gives you a thumb's up, you know that he'll be back soon!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GameCubeController View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Gaara View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GameCubeController View Post
    Are you sure there's multiple Jirachi? I always thought it was clear that there is only one.
    This episode makes it clear that there is more than one Jirachi. Just like there is more than one Mew and obviously more than one Celebi.
    Okay, but I still think they should have kept Jirachi to the movie to preserve the magic of the "only once in a thousand years" story. It seems like there was only supposed to be one Jirachi until this episode changed that.
    That's pretty much true for every movie that features a legendary. That's also why most of the movies are normally considered non-canon.

You think you're bad, don't ya? Karamazov's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Karamazov on Tumblr

This is likely my favorite Pokemon episode, so I was itching to catch the dub.

Ohey, they finally fixed the opening. It's pretty awkward that I'm used to the wrong opening than the right one.

I'm surprised they didn't keep Gemma's original name (Holly), since it's not an uncommon name in the West. Maybe it's a reference to Jirachi's gem/egg thing? I really like her voice in the dub; she sounds like an actual kid, and can really emote. I hope to see her do more work in the dub. I liked Gemma's design and character, too.

I'm also glad the Rockets cut down on the alliteration this ep. Too bad they were rhyming constantly.

It was a good ep, though not without its faults. The story was simple, but I liked it that way. The dub was nice, but I think I'll stick to the original Japanese episode.
    Team Fairy

Sprites from Serebii.net

Happy in love Neo Blaze's Avatar Bulbapedia Junior AdministratorModerator
    Blog Entries

Visit Neo Blaze's Youtube Channel

This was actually a pretty good episode because it was so sweet. I love Jirachi, it's so awesome and I'm really happy I managed to obtain one on the GTS a couple of days ago. Made me look even more forward to the dub of this episode :3

The dub wasn't that bad, but the original episode was so much better. Mainly changing the music at the end kinda ruined the enjoyment there to me. Chiisaki Mono fit so well there in the original and made actual sense plus it gave a whole load of emotion to that scene. All emotion was lost with that scene in the dub, to me at least.

Still, I'd like to give this episode a 7.5.

Mods, as you already announced that there would be a rant and a filler-thread as soon as X/Y starts, please do me a favor and also create a thread assigned to the discussion of music only. Seeing so many review threads turning into places where only music seems to play the most important role is kind of annoying if you ask me.

Anyways, I liked this episode, mostly because you could actually feel the concerns and anxiety which Jemma was going through. Being confronted with the possibility of having to leave the place where you've lived since you were born and not having seen your father for two years sure is a good reason for doing everything in your power to make your wish come true. So, although Jirachi could have been a bit more "grown-up" and could have been given a less shrill voice, I liked the drama behind the story. Of course, it wasn't until the very last day that our heroes were finally able to find Jirachi and, of course, TRio had to try to catch it first, but nevertheless the climax of the episode was quite moving and so the happy end didn't seem to be forced luckily.

All in all, a more than decent episode that makes for good entertainment.
    "When I was younger, I used to dream of nothing other than becoming powerful through being victorious in battle, and so I trained endlessly."

Please visit the CYNTHIA CLUB

Blog Entries
    Follow Muur On Twitter
    Follow Muur on Tumblr Visit Muur's Youtube Channel

They got the "unite all people within our nation" line right, cool. As well as getting the opening right... guess they started to pay attention. Voice Actress of Jirachi was very very familiar, what else is she in?

Whilst it was a meh episode, I'd say debuting Jirachi was important.

Happy in love Neo Blaze's Avatar Bulbapedia Junior AdministratorModerator
    Blog Entries

Visit Neo Blaze's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Muur View Post
    Voice Actress of Jirachi was very very familiar, what else is she in?
    She also voices Emolga which she does with almost the same voice.

Alright, so they corrected the intro and also James' line in the motto?

I clearly heard him say 'To unite all people within our nation' and not 'the people'.
    Pround Member of the Anabel/Rira Fanclub.

Quote Originally Posted by Registeel View Post
    Alright, so they corrected the intro and also James' line in the motto?

I clearly heard him say 'To unite all people within our nation' and not 'the people'.
    U Are Correct about that they got the Line Correctly.

Is it just me or did Gemma look a lot like Gwen Tennyson?

This episode was very been there, done that. I love the Jirachi movie and all, but they could have tried to make the episode a little more unique from it. I did like the implication that Ash recognized Jirachi, though, even if it wasn't stated outright.

Also, seeing as Chiisaki Mono was kept by 4Kids and TPCi multiple times (the movie, Ambipom's release episode, other episodes around that point in DP), it was kind of weird that they'd replace it now. I guess they're never really consistent with that stuff, though.
    I spend way too much time in Nimbasa City.

Adventuring through Kalos Aamir's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Aamir On Twitter

Okay episode 8/10

Weavile Forever

Blog Entries

it's a great episode in my opinion. one of the better ones of the series.

My name is Misaaki. アテは、岩根雅明の#1ファン、Please

Ya see, this is why I liked it when a Legendary appears in the Show over the Movies. This Jirachi played a role and had some fight in him, unlike the Mary Sue In Distress from Movie 6. It's always nice to have a COTD with a good (and in this case quite stirring) storyline. And hey, the TRio actually went after a Legendary and were willing to endanger/kill a little girl! (Now if they'd just get rid of that damn balloon again)
    Shantae and the Pirate's Curse Wii U: Available Christmas!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Blaze View Post
    Mainly changing the music at the end kinda ruined the enjoyment there to me. Chiisaki Mono fit so well there in the original and made actual sense plus it gave a whole load of emotion to that scene. All emotion was lost with that scene in the dub, to me at least.
    To me, It's All Inside of You is emotional too... but educational. It tells me to "Be brave, be strong, and be honest." That's what I will and always wanted to be.

The episode however is barely enjoyable. Jirachi FTW. 8/10

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12