REVIEW: S16 EP27 "Danger, Sweet as Honey!" - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: S16 EP27 "Danger, Sweet as Honey!"

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Default Re: S16 EP27 "Danger, Sweet as Honey!"

Quote Originally Posted by Gabo 2oo View Post
    What was the point of changing Victreebel's voice if Beedrill is clearly saying "Spear" in the same episode? Well, I can't complain a lot about that because its voice is just almost identical as the original one. They even left its last "line" as-is and you can't notice it's another actor. It was a good dub, to tell the truth, except that they didn't keep any of the BGM used during the Beedrill scenes. And Jessie and James are doing new rhymes for the motto introduction again!
    Victreebel sounds pretty good and close to its original actor. Not as good, but still good. I could tell the difference, but it's very minute and hard to notice. Pretty funny to hear at any rate.

I actually liked the 4Kids dub Beedrill the best: apparently more than the JPN version's "Spear." XD.

The only real drawback to the dub of this episode is that it seems like Team Rocket's going back to the rhyming and alliterations again for me.

I liked Ash's line about Team Rocket the most. That was totally unexpected!
    Gabo 2oo likes this.

Blog Entries
    Add Lord_Mewtwo on Facebook
    Visit Lord_Mewtwo's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by EmotionalTensionPKMN View Post
    What was the point of changing Victreebel's voice if Beedrill is clearly saying "Spear" in the same episode? Well, I can't complain a lot about that because its voice is just almost identical as the original one. They even left its last "line" as-is and you can't notice it's another actor. It was a good dub, to tell the truth, except that they didn't keep any of the BGM used during the Beedrill scenes. And Jessie and James are doing new rhymes for the motto introduction again!
    Victreebel sounds pretty good and close to its original actor. Not as good, but still good. I could tell the difference, but it's very minute and hard to notice. Pretty funny to hear at any rate.

I actually liked the 4Kids dub Beedrill the best: apparently more than the JPN version's "Spear." XD.

The only real drawback to the dub of this episode is that it seems like Team Rocket's going back to the rhyming and alliterations again for me.

Uh, as far as I know Beedrill always kept its Japanese voice even back in the 4Kids days.
    Creator of The How Much Japanese Music Is Kept In The Dub Thread Last updated 8-21-11
    The user formerly known as kenai3000
    Back into Pokemon and am now more of a fan than ever

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Mewtwo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by EmotionalTensionPKMN View Post

Uh, as far as I know Beedrill always kept its Japanese voice even back in the 4Kids days.
    Wow, I guess to me it sounded better before than it does now. Does the same actor or actress voice it now, or is it a different one?

Blog Entries

Was this a repeat.

Sure I've seen it a few times.

Beedrills chasing ash and friends.

Everyone getting separated and Meowth and Pikachu end up wandering around together.

Anyone else getting fed up now of the generic repeated video during the team rocket entry.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Weavile Warrior View Post
    This episode REALLY shows how this season is just gonna be like DP. The episode's format is just like a DP episode :/ But I did like that they had the return of Team Rocket yelling "We're Blasting off Again!"
    Huh?

You act like formulaic fillers here and during Diamond and Pearl are somehow different than formulaic fillers pre-Diamond and Pearl. If anything this season is nothing like DP, what with all the filler arcs. Plus, Ash's trip through the Decolora Islands is a little different than the standard fare, since he has no goal or rising challenge to look forward to, and it's just him trying to have as much fun and adventures as he can on his way home.

I missed the airing of the episode, but if nothing else, it's a treat for food-lovers.
    Last edited by Ambipom666; 3rd August 2013 at 04:27 PM.
    Kanto's Route 23 doesn't exist in the Johto games!

My ideas for a more game-faithful Best Wishes! series.

The Jewel Party

Blog Entries

As a fan of episodes that end up with twerps and Team Rocket member getting lost together and having to cooperate, I liked this episode. Plenty of hilarious moments, too.

Trophies

When Team Rocket and Ash were arguing:

Ash: "Look, you're the ones who tricked us."
    James: "You were the twerps who let yourselves get tricked"
    Ash: "Well, maybe you've got a point."

Really TPCi?
    No.

追放されたバカ

Visit Fennekin's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by KaiserLugia View Post

Really TPCi?
    Hey, don't blame TPCi. They were actually being accurate to the script. Here's how it sounded in Japanese:

Satoshi: "You're the ones who tricked us!"
    Kojiro: "You're the ones who got tricked!"
    Satoshi: "That's right, but..."

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fennekin View Post

Really TPCi?
    Hey, don't blame TPCi. They were actually being accurate to the script. Here's how it sounded in Japanese:

The last lines are a bit different, but essentially say the same thing.

If I wanted to blame anything on TPCi this episode, it would be JJM's rhyming and alliterations.

I'd call this a rather underwhelming episode.
    Basically the whole story was a rehash of the good old "The characters get lost and have to team up"-motif, with the only difference that Team Rocket's appearance was not only unnecessary but also dull and not really written very creatively. Team Rocket appear, they fight, they blast off, they appear again, they fight again and blast off again...oh well...
    Tell me why I miss the old "competent" Team Rocket really badly. And yes, I'm perfectly familiar with the discussion about whether they used to have a different level of competence but after this episode I guess nobody can deny anymore that there was a time when the TRio was indeed more competent. (Not when it comes to catching Pokemon, I'm talking about their whole behavior and their way of planning and doing things in general)

The only positive thing I can say about the episode is that while watching it, I kept asking myself if Cynthia has ever been to that island. After all, it's famous for its delicious ice-cream and we all know which greatest Champion of all time loves ice-cream, don't we? ;)
    8ther likes this.
    "When I was younger, I used to dream of nothing other than becoming powerful through being victorious in battle, and so I trained endlessly."

Please visit the CYNTHIA CLUB

Blog Entries

Utterly boring and cheesy in my opinion. Ash, Iris, and Cilan, arrive to an island famous for its honey which is literally called Honey Island, and it's filled with bees and bears...

Like most of the other episodes, I wasn't humored by anything. I'll admit though, I did like seeing more of Meowth. The honey desserts did look amazing, and it made me hungry x_x.

Still looking forward for the rest of DA though!!
    x
    claims ~ greninja ~ dark aura ~ stick ~ sail fossil ~ rest
    profile pic ~ my poetry
    x

The Deceiver Pokemon Team Gaara's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Really TPCi?

Seriously. TPCI's lines were funnier, in my opinion.

追放されたバカ

Visit Fennekin's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Team Gaara View Post

Really TPCi?

Seriously. TPCI's lines were funnier, in my opinion.
    Exactly, TPCi manage to keep it accurate to the Japanese version while being able to throw some humor into it.

Add Kelleo on Facebook
    Visit Kelleo's Youtube Channel

Eh, this episode's plot is kinda overused. We've already seen Meowth and the other Pokemon get separated from the others and stuff. But I did think it was adorable how Pikachu, Axew, and Oshawott helped Meowth. ^^

And Meowth still has a heart by not being able to attack them after they showed him kindness. :)

So I both like and dislike this episode, really.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12