REVIEW: S16 EP26 "Farewell, Unova! Setting Sail for New Adventures!" - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: S16 EP26 "Farewell, Unova! Setting Sail for New Adventures!"

Default Re: S16 EP26 "Farewell, Unova! Setting Sail for New Adventures!"

I just watched this episode properly. To add to the season title mess, the "who's that Pokémon" segment is actually missing the "and beyond" part. I kind of wish all this lazy crap is happening because they're busy cooking something great up for XY.

I also noticed that Team Rocket's motto is completely revoiced from Episode N, and James still says "to unite the people within our nation." They also made the effort to copy 4kids' "surrender now or prepare to fight, fight, fight!", so I guess they just thought their change sounded better. Or maybe they're just really bad at this. But at least they varied up the first two lines unlike the Japanese version, I'm really hoping they give us something new in each episode because the stock footage is painful to watch otherwise.

Either way, I did enjoy the episode and I'm actually looking forward to all this filler because the BW writers seem better at filler than arcs. Episode N was decent, but everything else was a complete mess.

M-Blaziken, so much yes Shiny Blaze's Avatar Bulbapedia Junior Administrator
    Blog Entries

Visit Shiny Blaze's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by KaiserLugia View Post
    I'm too lazy to list everything, like always. But there's one thing I have to criticize:

Oh, how convenient was it that the envelope containing the real rickets landed right in Ash's hand? Wouldn't it be a 99% chance it would go somewhere else, or blasted with Team Rocket? Oh well, plot device.
    I agree, I found that pretty stupid as well. But then again, it has happened before, as early as in the original series. If I remember correctly, when Ash battled Team Rocket in the Viridian Gym, they were blasted off too ultimately and the Earth Badge fell right out of the sky in Ash's hands.
    Shiny Blaze
    Owner of a Living Dex
    Owner of 80+ Shinies
    Obtained: 718 out of 719
    3DS Y FC: 0576-4616-1571

Blog Entries

We will Remember U Khristine Hvam U were good as Prof Juniper and U were also a lot BETTER THAN Prof Rowan back in Sinnoh and I will miss U.

I poke your snoot UnovaCastaway's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This episode was a lot better than I expected. Nice job, for the most part.

The new intro has a lot of water. Tons of blue everywhere used as a motif. I kind of wish they spliced more of the character shots from the Japanese intro like the previous two openings this season (especially the league one).

I REALLY liked the scene at the very beginning. Nice segue between two sagas and Movie 14-esque.

Team Rocket was great, and I liked how this episode fully involved them instead of just throwing them into a single scene. I learned this when the Japanese episode first came out, but James really does have CONVINCING disguises.

Nice job keeping the Unova wild battle music when Oshawott fought the TRio.

Was it just me, or did Ash&co seem really calm when Parker/Porter rejected their first tickets? If I was in that situation, I'd have a panic attack.

Blog Entries

Team Rocket is Good as always I think and is good at being Comedians.

Blog Entries
    Follow *Jirachi* On Twitter
    Follow *Jirachi* on Tumblr Visit *Jirachi*'s Youtube Channel

I'm super super disappointed how they handled the Opening. I didn't know water, sky and ship are important part of the plot now? Why waste half of the time for that when you have only 30 seconds to go? Also, why only feature Ash, Iris and Cilan? [And Cilan was cut out] and they could have used the wonderful scenes from Te o tsunagou one of my fav EDs ever both animation and music wise, but NO. Instead TPCi gives us the most horrible dub version of any opening EVER made. Thank you TPCi, you ruined the whole "Let's say good bye to Unova cast and the last summer with them" feel I got from the Japanese ones. Job well done, like always.

追放されたバカ

Visit Fennekin's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by SlimeStack View Post
    To add to the season title mess, the "Who's That Pokémon?" segment is actually missing the "and beyond" part.
    I never noticed that. Hopefully TPCi will go back and fix this and have Sarah Natochenny re-record the "Parker" line to properly say "Porter" instead.

Blog Entries

I like Parker better than Porter it fits him better I personally think, We all have our own opinions and this mt Opinion about it Ok.
    8ther and Magenta Fantasies like this.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

It was a mediocre episode, and the dub was less than stellar as well.

The intro's clip compilation? Just lazy, IMO. It could be worse, though.

"And Beyond" is better than nothing but not the best title...

The episode? Eh...could've been better, could've been worse.

Ash called Porter Parker because of a script error, or Parker called himself Porter for the same reason, but it's a minor error. I'm not including it in my rating of the episode and the dub.

Rating: 6/10
    Last edited by Pokémon Master Ash; 30th July 2013 at 04:32 PM.

Blog Entries

This was hilarious. Filler or not, if the rest of Decolore is like this, I'm going to love it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by YamiiDenryuu View Post
    This was hilarious. Filler or not, if the rest of Decolore is like this, I'm going to love it.
    Trust Me U are going to Love it I think Ok because some of the Episodes are like this but they are good Episodes.

is watching her own icon Magenta Fantasies's Avatar

Visit Magenta Fantasies's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by MistyPrism View Post
    I did enjoy the little 'colored pencil fantasy' that Team Rocket had, along with the high-pitched voices. I cracked up when he said his name was Porter and Ash called him Parker. All in all, one of Team Rocket's more elaborate traps. Although, I'm still trying to figure out how they even got a cruise ship. Though it wasn't very good quality...(Lol)
    Agreed 100%.
    When I heard Porter introduce himself and then Ash called him Parker, I had to rewind to make sure I hadn't misheard anything. I personally like "Parker" better. Is Porter even a name (though there is a character in Animal Crossing called Porter who is a train station attendant)?

I'm a little surprised that they didn't change the theme music. I guess it's fitting for this arc as well as the Team Plasma arc, but for some reason I was expecting the music to change. Then again, I'm not sure how long this arc is going to be, so maybe it wouldn't be worth it to make a new theme song for it.
    I liked this episode, but I wouldn't say I loved it. Team Rocket had a pretty good plan for catching Pikachu (for once) that would've worked if not for Oshawott inadvertantly escaping its Poke Ball. I really love the new Team Rocket intro with the roses, too. :D
    It was kind of funny when Cilan pointed out the logic of battling on a boat. I've never really thought about it, but it does make sense that it might not be the best interest of the boat's stability, yet I don't remember it ever causing any problems in other episodes of the anime. Now I have to wonder how Trainers have Pokemon battles while using Surf.

The only thing I didn't like was when Oshawott was cornered by Team Rocket. Why didn't it just use Hydro Pump on them or something? It has some pretty powerful attacks.

Also, I think it would've been funny if Ash and friends had missed the boat, and had to spend the next episode tracking it down to get on or something.
    Last edited by Magenta Fantasies; 16th August 2013 at 03:20 PM.
    DeviantART: phoenixflaym
    Fanfictions: Obsessions Crystal Clear Gold Hearted Silver Lining
    Nimbasa Sunrise

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Magenta Fantasies View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MistyPrism View Post
    I did enjoy the little 'colored pencil fantasy' that Team Rocket had, along with the high-pitched voices. I cracked up when he said his name was Porter and Ash called him Parker. All in all, one of Team Rocket's more elaborate traps. Although, I'm still trying to figure out how they even got a cruise ship. Though it wasn't very good quality...(Lol)
    Agreed 100%.
    When I heard Porter introduce himself and then Ash called him Parker, I had to rewind to make sure I hadn't misheard anything.
    Porter/Parker: "My name's Porter."

Ash: "Thank you, Parker!" (In Ash's mind: "Who cares?")

ROFL.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123