REVIEW: S16 EP26 "Farewell, Unova! Setting Sail for New Adventures!" - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: S16 EP26 "Farewell, Unova! Setting Sail for New Adventures!"

Default Re: S16 EP26 "Farewell, Unova! Setting Sail for New Adventures!"

What was that? They shouldn't have used the water shot at the beggining, that way the different shots would fit into the beat of the song. And what the heck at the end? They look above to the sun and the image suddenly changes to the logo out of nowhere, they could at least put a flash transition to make it less weird.

Porter is a nice name except that it's too obvious. But Parker sounds like someone who parks cars to me so I wasn't seeing them keeping the name either. I was hoping that they would rename him to have a "J" or "G" as the first letter of his name, though.
    Last edited by Gabo 2oo; 27th July 2013 at 12:08 PM.

Blog Entries

This episode was okay for the most part I guess. Though there were some things I disliked.

So after defeating Team Plasma, Ash wants to go back home. Iris's reasons for going with him are believable. But Cilan says he wants to go to other reigons to broaden his connoisseur skills? He's not even doing that now! And after Team Rocket aids in defeating an evil organization, they just want to go back to catching Pikachu. Why? Why can't they do something important?

So while Ash talks to Oak, Oshawott just pops out of his Poke Ball for NO REASON. Seriously, what was the point of that? He did nothing. Was that just so Juniper could mention transferring Ash's other Pokémon? Weird. Well, at least it was nice to see Muk again.

So Team Rocket is back to using disguises? Ugh. Well at least they had a good, well thought out plan, so I'll give them some credit. What was up with Pikachu in this episode? He seemed so...childish. Getting all excited for a playroom. Then not listening to Jessie when she told him and Axew to stop running. I found it so odd and hilarious how Axew was the one trying to get out of the room while Pikachu was just playing around.

One of Ash's Pokeballs falls. And of course it's Oshawott again. Well at least he actually does something useful by letting that gang and the Pokémon out of the room. Then comes the battle. Did Iris really tell Excadrill to use dig on a boat? Cilan already said that battling wasn't a good idea and then she just puts a hole in the boat. Then Team Rocket's idea to fix the hole is to plug it up with Amoongus's body with little Woobat on top. I miss their intelligence in early BW when they actually had good escape plans.

So the gang gets on the right boat, Ash calls Porter Parker even though he'd said his name a few seconds before, and episode ends. All in all, it was okay, but not great. 6/10.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabo 2oo View Post

What was that? They shouldn't have used the water shot at the beggining, that way the different shots would fit into the beat of the song. And what the heck at the end? They look above to the sun and the image suddenly changes to the logo out of nowhere, they could at least put a flash transition to make it less weird.

Porter is a nice name except that it's too obvious. But Parker sounds like someone who parks cars to me so I wasn't seeing them keeping the name either. I was hoping that they would rename him to have a "J" or "G" as the first letter of his name, though.
    Yeah agree! The shot switching from looking at the sun should have faded to white for like less than half a second and then from there fade into the logo. I really think that TPCi really mismanaged this season.

Parker is an okay name, but it remids me of Spiderman's boss yelling PARKER! Porter reminds me of a port side of a boat.

Registered User charizardmaster125's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The updated opening felt very lackluster indeed. Had TPCi been in better contact with the Japanese producers then maybe the season's could have been managed better as a whole. Also, LOL at Ash calling Porter, Parker, a script error on the dub's part though honestly, why the change? Didn't they get the Thunderbirds reference like they did with Virgil. This unnecessary change of names from the Japanese version always bothers me.

Other than that, a good dub.
    http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/images/signaturepics/sigpic58355_1.gif

When Ash's Charizard gives you a thumb's up, you know that he'll be back soon!

Quote Originally Posted by charizardmaster125 View Post
    The updated opening felt very lackluster indeed. Had TPCi been in better contact with the Japanese producers then maybe the season's could have been managed better as a whole. Also, LOL at Ash calling Porter, Parker, a script error on the dub's part though honestly, why the change? Didn't they get the Thunderbirds reference like they did with Virgil. This unnecessary change of names from the Japanese version always bothers me.

Other than that, a good dub.
    I believe several of the change of names they do is to avoid reusing names from other CoTDs or characters, thus explaining why any English-like names like Angie is Aldith, Brad is Barret, etc.

I Actually liked the Opening I think, not the Best Editing, but it was Good and the Basculin Submarine looks good in the Opening.

Wow, the N Arc went by fast looking back. I'm excited for DA, even though I've already watched half of the episodes in Japanese :P

Not really an exciting episode, but it's always great to see Muk and Professor Oak. I'm glad Iris decided to send out Excadrill instead of Dragonite, sometimes I forgot Iris has other Pokemon. It was also nice to see Oshawott provide some use, but really it could have been any Pokemon who fell out of it's Pokeball.

Can't wait for them to get back to Kanto!

Blog Entries

And Juniper said Best Wishes!! Yep, it's time to finally leave Unova. FINALLY! Except I hear it only gets worse...

Well, it already starts out strange, as Cilan is seemingly getting less focus that Iris and Ash in the new Opening. Hell, even Axew got more time than him in the opening. WTH?

I have to say, Ash's dream sequence was pretty funny (since it freaked me out upon first seeing it), though, was there really no other way to wake him than sending 100,000 volts of electricity into his body? I think Iris is just a bit sadistic.

It kinda bugged me that Iris said she wanted to go to Kanto to meet Kanto Dragons. Like, she's not even trying to be a Dragon Master in Unova. Now her excuse to go to Kanto is to see Dragons? Not to mention she OWNS the only one there. She probably doesn't know that, but it's a pretty pathetic excuse. Don't even get me started on Cilan. It just made this whole "traveling together" thing seem even more forced to me.

I always like to see Muk, so that was nice.

James's plan to get the tickets was a bit stupid. Or at least not well thought out. Like, what if Juniper didn't drop the tickets? Would he have just snatched them? What was the Plan B? I'm just curious.

.......Soooooooo, the dude tells you the tickets are no good and you just leave?! Common sense would say to at least ask why, don't you think? Even if it was the wrong boat, they didn't even ask!

And speaking of, why the hell is everyone displaying so much stupidity and naivete in this episode? I get that they sort of always trust everybody, but when it's all piled up together like this, it gets pretty painful to watch. I really dislike episodes like this where Pikachu just chooses to be immature like Axew. He's supposed to be the responsible one and he generally listens to wherever anyone Ash trusts tells him to do. Oh, and of course Oshawott's Poke Ball is the one Jessie dropped. It's one of THOSE EPISODES again. Way to start Decolora. -_-

Is James disguised as an old man disguised as a...ship...dude? I don't know...he looks like the Captain, but I don't remember if they said he was. Plus, I agree, Iris was pretty rude. She could have waited till he left to complain about everything. She's such a kid.

Well, let's see. Will I be wrong? Is Oshawott gonna do something? Is it gonna be one of THOSE episodes? And seriously, why do they keep leaving Cilan out? Iris just told Ash he was gonna go check on the 'Mons. Cilan has feelings, too, y'know?

Okay, Axew and Pikachu trying to open the doors was kinda cute.

Just when I thought Team Rocket could redeem themselves, they planned to throw the Twerps overboard is barrels. And all while turning them into Ash and the Patrats? Well, you've slightly redeemed yourselves. But then ruined it because they only want to mention Pikachu.

Man, Oshawott was doing good until he somehow derped up and...I guess fell over his own feet into the room. But he was a factor, I'll give him that.

They really liked drawing Ash as a Chibi in this episode, didn't they?

Why are they commending Oshawott for getting away from Team Rocket? He didn't do anything! And, I like Jessie's simple logic: "That was then, and this is now." That's pretty much how those guys operate.

"Is battling on board a good idea?" - Cilan
    "Pikachu, Iron Tail" - Ash (seconds later).
    Cilan: getting ignored since Adventures in Unova and Beyond.

-_- There is no way Iris could have thought using Dig on a ship was a good idea. Looks like we're all ignoring Cilan today.

Okay, Team Rocket's plan to clog the hole just earned them some redeeming points. Plus, that blast off was legit.

So this awesome dude just said his name was Porter, and Ash called him Parker. Just hilarious. Ash is ignoring everybody today.

Well, I guess it was expected to be a filler episode, but another "get schemed by Team Rocket into giving them all your Pokemon and beat them in the end" is just getting old. My man Cilan got ignored this ENTIRE episode and the plot was nothing we haven't seen before. I can admit the episode was entertaining, at least, and pretty funny. So I'll give it a 3/10.
    Last edited by Team Gaara; 27th July 2013 at 04:28 PM.

Is it just Me or DID Roger Parsons Sound REALLY Weird in this Episode or what Everybody because he sounded 5 Years Older than Last Week.

I finnally watched the actual episode, and I find really amusing how Juniper's farewell is much more distant and emotionless than many of the character of the day farewells.

Ash talked about the dream he had with Iris and Zekrom/Pikachu thunderbolting him during the whole morning, and how great it was. Way to be a masochist, Ash.
    I like how they kept the BGM when Team Rocket is spying on the twerps. That music is obviously been used in place of Team Rocket's Secret Strategy, a track they can't use because you know, it's from the original series. The problem is that Carter Cathcart doesn't or maybe can't change his voice as much when James is disguised as Miki does. They didn't even retained the weird captain accent.

I also noticed something that I couldn't pick up while watching the Japanese time ago: this episode is really slowly-paced. They could have put some scenes during Juniper's car as a farwell to the Unova Pokémon or something, and maybe adding Iris joking about how she is stronger than the guys after she opened that door instead of saying "I know we were trying to open the door all this time, but why did it open? Whatever... I guess it doesn't matter". You know, just to have a little more comedy until we wait for the plot to advance a little?

Team Rocket's motto was pretty good. They didn't said "you know the drill/you're get your fill" again and I'm happy because I don't know what the hell does that mean. James said "fight" three times, though. Lame. And Oshawott just dissapeared after getting praised by Ash...

Why did James carefully put the twerps' tickets inside a letter envelope? Why Ash was so distracted when Park... I mean Porter introducted himself? Why the narrator caught a cold this week? Why everyone was so twerpy in this episode? Why I don't dislike this episode at all if I complained about everything? Why?

Was it me, or did it sound like Sarah Natochenny was trying to use a different pitch for Ash in this episode?
    It seemed lower to me.

This was still Good I think, 8/10.

Trophies

I'm too lazy to list everything, like always. But there's one thing I have to criticize:

Oh, how convenient was it that the envelope containing the real rickets landed right in Ash's hand? Wouldn't it be a 99% chance it would go somewhere else, or blasted with Team Rocket? Oh well, plot device.
    No.

Who here Thinks that Parker is a Better Name than Porter because I am not a Fan of Porter and I will still Call Him Parker because it is Better does anyone agree with Me Here.

Follow PockyAddict On Twitter Add PockyAddict on Facebook
    Follow PockyAddict on Tumblr Visit PockyAddict's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Gabo 2oo View Post

I agree and I'm sorta miffed that cilan and pansage were cut in that puddle stepping scene, that was just tacky of TPCI. The watershot should have been cut to at least allow them to put cilan in.
    Last edited by PockyAddict; 28th July 2013 at 01:05 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast