Like Tree54Likes

Thread: S16 EP25 "What Lies Beyond Truth and Ideals!"

samurai in autumn garrison-san's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Follow garrison-san On Twitter
    Follow garrison-san on Tumblr

Default S16 EP25 "What Lies Beyond Truth and Ideals!"

BW122 - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia

Please remember to keep all spoilers pertaining to future episodes inside spoiler tags.

Blog Entries

Default Re: S16 EP25 "What Lies Beyond Truth and Ideals!"

This was really Perfect a Great Episode and it felt Great for the End of a Mini Saga. WE WILL MISS YOU Nicholas DiMichele and you were GREAT AS N. Also I thought it was Funny when Ghesis told both Barret and Aldith that they were totally useless, THIS shows that Ghestis ONLY CARES ABOUT HIMSELF AND ONLY HIMSELF AND NOBODY ESLE AND THERE DOING.

Blog Entries

On the whole, I didn’t really like this episode. I had a lot of problems with it. I did like a few things. I’ll break it down by category:

The good
    - I think this is the first time Axew living in Iris’ hair has ever amounted to anything positive at all. I did enjoy seeing Iris and Team Rocket help out Ash. It's a good scene in theory.

The funny
    - N, Colress and Ghetsis’ hilariously animated faces.
    - The twerps actually freezing Ghetsis and co. solid after having almost no interaction with them whatsoever. This gets x1000 funnier when you remember that Ghetsis tries to do this to the player in Black and White 2. Seriously though, do Ash and friends or Team Rocket ever say one word to Ghetsis?

The bad: All the issues I had with this episode.
    - What happened to the Reshiram shown in N’s flashback four episodes ago? N acts like the Reshiram seem in that flashback and the Reshiram seen here are one and the same, but I don’t think I have to explain why that can’t be the case. Did that 1st Reshiram fly off somewhere never to be seen again?
    - What was with Iris and Team Rocket coming to help Ash? It’s like each of their Pokémon use one attack and then the entire brainwashed army is incapacitated. Meowth driving off all those Liepard with Fury Swipes? Really? I know the protags’ small, marketable Pokémon beating the villains’ big/numerous Pokémon isn’t really anything new for this show, but it’s really annoying here in this finale.
    - Why does Colress not take control of Axew, Woobat and Yamask? He takes of control of Gardevoir and Gothitelle with little trouble.
    - Why did the writers even bother to set up Looker’s aid from the International Police when they’re just going to show up after the fact and arrest the villains? Is this to make it look like their appearance at the end is more than just a random appearance to tie up loose ends?
    - Why does Ghetsis not do anything during the time when Colress is trying to take control of Pikachu, and Team Rocket does their motto? Is he just standing there with Reshiram? He doesn’t send out Reshiram until Ash starts charging for the machine later on. Earlier, when Team Rocket talks about how they need to stop Team Plasma, Ghetsis actually is just standing there with Reshiram! LOL! This is our villain guys! But considering he spent the whole arc sitting around doing nothing, I guess it’s not surprising!
    - Why is nobody burned alive by Reshiram? (I’m just kidding!).
    - Not really relevant to this episode, but if Team Plasma is done, where are the other Sages? What were they doing to further Team Plasma’s objectives?
    - Biggest question, how did Team Plasma lose? Between the mini-army of brainwashed Pokémon and Ghetsis’ flying superweapon, I can’t really imagine any situation with Team Plasma loses, at least not where the ending is contrived as hell. Seriously, Pikachu randomly breaking free of its brainwashing and giving Reshiram electroshock therapy? What’s up with that? I think that’s one problem with this episode: Reshiram is not really allowed to do anything under Ghetsis’ control, because it really only has to attack the heroes once, and it’s game over. I guess that’s part of the problem with this episode in general: If Team Plasma acted swiftly (and the battles weren’t so one-sided) Plasma would win easily and there’d be no plot.

If the villains have to stand around and do nothing while the heroes go and meet up and scheme, that's bad writing.

;___; I miss the Team Galactic finale ;___;
    Last edited by Ambipom666; 20th July 2013 at 11:20 AM.
    Kanto's Route 23 doesn't exist in the Johto games!

My ideas for a more game-faithful Best Wishes! series.

The Jewel Party

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

One of the best episodes I've seen from BW (and the TPCi dub) in a while.

Only fair I give it a 9.5/10, IMO.

Gonna miss Nicholas DiMichele as N, and gonna miss hearing Darren Dunstan as Barret. Those are probably some of the best dub voices I've heard in a while. XD.

Yeah, Ghetsis is a prick, IMO. XD.

Blog Entries

I agree with you on that Man What an A**hole Ghestis and I thought Bill Rogers is Perfect as him.

Adventuring through Kalos Aamir's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Aamir On Twitter

This episode gets a 7/10 in my opinion. I had high hopes for it, but I ended up disappointed. And one question- If the dub is continuing the season "Adventures in Unova," how is the next episode called "Farewell, Unova," and then they go to the Decolora Archipelago? That doesn't make much sense

Blog Entries

Stan Hart as Cedric Juniper is Priceless and I hope see more of Stan Hart because he is just great and is MUCH BETTER THAN Cater Cathcart as Oak and it needs to change like NOW!!!!!!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Weavile Warrior View Post
    This episode gets a 7/10 in my opinion. I had high hopes for it, but I ended up disappointed. And one question- If the dub is continuing the season "Adventures in Unova," how is the next episode called "Farewell, Unova," and then they go to the Decolora Archipelago? That doesn't make much sense
    Seems like TPCi just chose the worst possible name for the season. The protags leave Unova 25 episodes after the season begins; we have no idea whether or not TPCi knew that this would happen. The opening for Season 15 contained footage of Skyla, who didn't appear for 18 episodes after the opening debuted, so obviously they can see pretty far ahead; how far ahead, we don't know.

I'm also wondering if the opening video will be changed since we're done with Team Plasma.
    Last edited by Ambipom666; 20th July 2013 at 09:59 AM.
    Kanto's Route 23 doesn't exist in the Johto games!

My ideas for a more game-faithful Best Wishes! series.

The Jewel Party

Blog Entries

Oh yeah, Never gave my Rating as a complete 10/10 here and this was just great it did not feel like a great Disappointment to me here Ok Guys.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Chocadial View Post
    Stan Hart as Cedric Juniper is Priceless and I hope see more of Stan Hart because he is just great and is MUCH BETTER THAN Cater Cathcart as Oak and it needs to change like NOW!!!!!!!
    Couldn't agree more. :D

Blog Entries

Thanks Man and it was good a good comment and does anyone think the Opening will change Next Week at all.

is watching her own icon Magenta Fantasies's Avatar

Visit Magenta Fantasies's Youtube Channel

I was expecting to be let down, as the anime usually has pretty anticlimactic ways of ending things, but I wasn't. I actually really enjoyed this episode, and I'll be sad to see the N saga end. On the other hand, I'm rather curious about what's coming up next, but unfortunately I'll be away next Saturday and won't be able to catch the first episode of the new saga.

The only thing that could've been improved is that I would've liked to see a longer battle with Reshiram, but considering Colress had the Pokemon controlling device for most of the episode, I can see why Ash didn't risk sending more of his Pokemon out. It would've been pretty awesome to see Charizard and Reshiram fight, and have Charizard realize that it's no match for the legendary.
    DeviantART: phoenixflaym
    Fanfictions: Obsessions Crystal Clear Gold Hearted Silver Lining
    Nimbasa Sunrise

Adventuring through Kalos Aamir's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Aamir On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Chocadial View Post
    Thanks Man and it was good a good comment and does anyone think the Opening will change Next Week at all.
    Pretty sure it will

The dub actually made the ending emotional. The original music in the Japanese version was just to peppy and didnt fit. Anyways I really liked this last episode and I know how everyone hates it when Team Plasma controls Pikachu because it gets annoying but this time it was cool to watch him destroy the device with Reshirem!

Blog Entries

Somehow, I was kinda hoping for more, especially with Team Plasma taking control of Reshiram. Maybe devote more of the episode to them causing whatever carnage they'd planned, and even extending it into the next, showing just how hard Our Gang would have to work to stop them. And wouldn't it have been cool for Zekrom to show up? You know, Reshiram's opposite number, who was in the first ep of BW, but hasn't been seen since (not including the movies, since their canon-ness is questionable). Let them struggle with each other, bringing home the clash of truth vs. ideals.

Actually, I just had an idea of how that might play out: Zekrom shows up to fight brainwashed Reshiram. Ghetsis and Colress decide to try to control both of them; however, the strain of doing so overloads their machine, thus ruining their plans. Unfortunately, the effects of their machine leave both Ubermons mentally scrambled, causing them to go completely out of control and cause even more devastation. Ash/N/Looker could then give Ghetsis and Colress a "Look what you've done!" speech, as the two baddies watch helplessly while everything goes to hell because of their hubris.

Yeah, that's not how it played out, but a boy can dream, right?
    You Might Be A Redneck If...

You think The Nutcracker is something you did off the high dive.
    You've ever smuggled food out of an all-you-can-eat buffet.
    The original color of your carpet is an unsolved mystery.
    You've had more court dates than second dates.
    The closest you've come to royalty is eating at Burger King.
    You've ever stared at a carton of orange juice because it said "concentrate."
    You think a quarterhorse is that ride in front of K-Mart.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast