REVIEW: S16 EP24 "Team Plasma and the Awakening Ceremony!" - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: S16 EP24 "Team Plasma and the Awakening Ceremony!"

Default Re: S16 EP24 "Team Plasma and the Awakening Ceremony!"

Another very good episode and a great continuation of the Team Plasma/ Reshiram-plot!

I particularly liked three things: First, the intensity of this action-packed episode right from the beginning until the end. Second, the extremely intense atmosphere that was created by that silence when the ceremony started. Very nicely done indeed! I wish they came up with things like that more often. And last but not least, that bond and cooperation between Ash and his Pokemon while digging their way out and battling Team Plasma. It sure was a pleasure to watch because after all, that's what Pokemon is all about, isn't it?

Nevertheless, there are a few things I have to criticize:
    - Why did nobody, neither Iris nor Cilan nor Ash, attempt to attack the "Pokemon Control Device" directly? For example, while confronting the controlled Pokemon, Ash could have had Charizard fly up and attack that machine. There were no controlled Pokemon up there where Colress was standing, so he wouldn't have stood a chance against a raging Charizard. And as we saw in a previous episode, the device seems to be very sensitive to physical damage whatsoever. So, a simple Flamethrower would probably have shattered all of Team Plasma's dreams (because obviously, the success of whole operation depends on that device)
    - Also, why did Pikachu JUST stand there and not attempt to move at all? After all, he is intelligent enough to realize the potential danger coming from that machine.
    - And finally, I thought it wasn't really clever of Looker to cry like that when attacking Colress. I mean, guys, shouldn't it be clear to everyone that if you attack people from behind who are, by the way, in the majority, you shouldn't actually warn them that you're about to attack ? ... Come on Looker, I guess you didn't learn that at the International Police Academy, did you? Your attack could have been more effective than that.

But the few negative aspects apart, it was still a great, intense episode that kept you at the edge of your seat at some points. Looking forward to next week!
    "When I was younger, I used to dream of nothing other than becoming powerful through being victorious in battle, and so I trained endlessly."

Please visit the CYNTHIA CLUB

Blog Entries

THE BEST PART OF THE WHOLE EPISODE IS REALY Krookodile COMING UP FROM UNDERGROUND AND THINKING "Uhh LET'S See AmI in the Right Place and Holy Crap this Not Good I Am Surrounded by Liepard, Timburr, Conkeldurr, And Huge Golurk Run Awaaaaaaaay"! THAT WAS REALLY FUNNY I THINK OF THIS EPISODE.

I poke your snoot UnovaCastaway's Avatar
    Blog Entries

More action and less stupidity, I like it! Again, all parties delivered.

Charizard was pretty epic here. Actually, all of Ash's team was for once.

This episode was pretty much all about N introspecting. The writers kept pushing themselves and once again made N step out of his comfort zone by making him threaten to destroy the Light Stone. And Ash recited that cheesy adventure rule while N stared dumbfoundedly. (I wanted to facepalm too, honestly.)

The voice acting was really great. Looker, N, and Pikachu especially. (Ohtani sounded rabid!)

Episode N is radical. Sad to say, it's only got...ONE EPISODE LEFT, GODDAMMIT! BUT N ADDS SO MUCH EPIC TO THIS SERIES!

Gotta say, one thing surprised me, usually when Pokemon are under someone's control, Ash usually tries to reason with him. Here, he just flatout crushed both Team Plasma and the Scientist's controlled pokes. Not complaining, but I thought it was interesting to note.

I really like how Pikachu actually acted confused and distressed before attacking Ash, like a real animal.

Follow Dragonite Postal Service on Tumblr Follow Dragonite Postal Service on Flickr

Default Re: S16 EP24 "Team Plasma and the Awakening Ceremony! "

Quote Originally Posted by Sakuraa View Post
    Now this is one of those moments were Pikachu really gets on my nerves. Something happens to him that easily could have been avoided if he got inside of his Poke Ball. And then he didn’t even try to get out of the way; he literally just stood there.
    I DEFINITELY agree with this, Pikachu has to be smart enough to know the difference between Ash doing it to protect or control him!!! I really enjoyed this episode though, the standard has definitely rose compared to the start of BW.
    Yato and Pokémon Master Ash like this.

Blog Entries

Follow Bubble Frog on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Moe View Post
    Having the dub doesn't change much from my review of the original episode, I can only really add that N is again inconsistent - he's watching Ash attack other Pokemon and just being happy about the friendship that Ash brings - not mentioning that he's making no effort to prevent harm to the Pokemon that are controlled against their will into doing bad things. I was slightly hopeful they were taking this approach when Iris and Cilan teamed up to build the ice-wall, but they were just standing behind there waiting to fight some more, instead of working on extra defences or organising a strategy to knock out the machine.
    In situations where fighting can't be helped, N has no objections against Ash attacking other Pokemon to protect them. It's not as if Ash's actions are laced with ill-intent in the slightest, he had no problem with Pikachu and Excadrill fending off Seviper and Zangoose either nor did he throw a fit over Charizard and Crustle taking on Dragonite and Haxorus. It's not that hard to figure out and very easy to perceive, even Cedric Juniper expressed a bit of disdain in having to attack the frenzied Pokemon last episode.
    Last edited by Bubble Frog; 15th July 2013 at 12:19 PM.
    Yato likes this.

Moe
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Druddigon View Post
    In situations where fighting can't be helped, N has no objections against Ash attacking other Pokemon to protect them. It's not as if Ash's actions are laced with ill-intent in the slightest, he had no problem with Pikachu and Excadrill fending off Seviper and Zangoose either nor did he throw a fit over Charizard and Crustle taking on Dragonite and Haxorus. It's not that hard to figure out and very easy to perceive, even Cedric Juniper expressed a bit of disdain in having to attack the frenzied Pokemon last episode.
    N accepting Ash fighting Team Plasma makes sense to me on the basis that the Pokemon are fighting to prevent Team Plasma's greater goals that would have a worse impact on Pokemon overall - ends justifying the means essentially. With Dragonite/Haxorus you had the first occasion of coming across the controlling mechanism and having the blocking cube thing fail and they didn't know at that point that they weren't going to be able to overpower them.

But in this episode, they did know how futile their attacks would be and did it anyway, instead of taking steps to avoid as much of it as possible. I'm not sure what I'd have expected N to do instead, ideally mentioning to Ash where he should direct his attacks to be most effective, or just a line being disappointed about the situation - something to break up his awe for Ash's bond with Pokemon and to consider the situation they were in and sound more 'N' about things.

Obviously though, just attacking the machine wouldn't have drawn the battle/episode out, but just attacking the controlled Pokemon when they knew it wouldn't work bugged me.

Blog Entries

Nicholas DiMichele was just Perfect as N and I really like him as N and I think N has finally realized something with Ash and His Pokemon I think and this really was a Great Performance by Nicholas.

is watching her own icon Magenta Fantasies's Avatar

Visit Magenta Fantasies's Youtube Channel

Default Re: S16 EP24 "Team Plasma and the Awakening Ceremony! "

Quote Originally Posted by Paulisthebest View Post

I don't mean to hate on Ash but let's say when the Fire/Dragon is "resurrected" or whatever, something bad happens that could have a negative effect on the Unova Region...yeah because the score record for villain organizations that FULLY realize their desires is dangerously high...unless you count Galactic :/

You know what would make up for this episode? The one thing we got "teased" with during the opening of this "saga" in the theme song, the reason Charizard comes back, why it was needed for Ash to have an extreme powerhouse in his team of 6...

Drum roll please!!!

*drum roll*

YOU'VE THOUGHT ABOUT IT, I'VE THOUGHT ABOUT IT, WE'VE ALL THOUGHT ABOUT IT; CHARIZARD VS. RESHIRAM!!!!!!

But will it be something that happens? Is it something that we'll actually get to see next Saturday?

Answer;

In retrospect, I was kind of surprised they didn't do any kind of Charizard vs. Reshiram battle either (or a Charizard and Dragonite vs. Reshiram battle, which would probably have better odds), especially since the writers went through the trouble of bringing Charizard back for the first time in years.

Speaking of Charizard, I wonder why Ash didn't have Charizard fly him and N out of the hole. As soon as Ash and N fell down in the previous episode and started thinking of ways to get out, my first thought was "Does Ash have any flying Pokemon on him?".
    DeviantART: phoenixflaym
    Fanfictions: Obsessions Crystal Clear Gold Hearted Silver Lining
    Nimbasa Sunrise

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12