REVIEW: S16 EP21 "Secrets From Out of the Fog!" - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: S16 EP21 "Secrets From Out of the Fog!"

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Default Re: S16 EP21 "Secrets From Out of the Fog!"

Quote Originally Posted by Fennekin View Post
    A little off-topic, but the official website has the episode title listed as "Secrets from out of the Fog!" (The "from" and "out" aren't capitalized.).. Should "from" and "out" be capitalized?
    Yeah, they should be, but I don't really mind myself. *shrugs*

I poke your snoot UnovaCastaway's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Capitalization shouldn't really matter in this situation, word choice should. Anyway, a good episode!

Yay, the Sages showed up in the anime!

I found it interesting that the anime had N "going to" be the king of Plasma. I was afraid they'd skip it entirely. The forest bonding scene was cute too. Why doesn't any media give more elaboration about Anthea and Concordia? BW2 gave us the most backstory about them, but even that wasn't too much. So, N calls them "companions" in this instead of "nannies" or "sisters." I loved how N brought up the emotional wounds, good quote there.

Did anybody else think it was funny when Iris and Cilan laughed after Ash stood heroically and said he wanted to be the best friend to Pokémon ever?
    Last edited by UnovaCastaway; 23rd June 2013 at 12:20 AM.
    Yato and Hidden Mew like this.

East Unova Resident SuperTrainStationH's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Is this the first time the anime series has suggested that Pokémon abuse is a widespread problem?

That house was FULL of Pokémon! :(

(though I'm actually sort of happy in that the darker aspects of my headcanon are somehwat confirmed by this.

Blog Entries

Magnezone was the best best of the Whole Episode Again.

Blog Entries

Another strong episode. Looking forward to the rest of this arc.

Even the brief cameo of Team Rocket felt better to me. Nice to see them moving towards a more useless comedy trio lost while following the twerps around. Just need Wobbuffet back now and I'll be happy.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Codface View Post
    Another strong episode. Looking forward to the rest of this arc.

Even the brief cameo of Team Rocket felt better to me. Nice to see them moving towards a more useless comedy trio lost while following the twerps around. Just need Wobbuffet back now and I'll be happy.
    "WOBBBBBBBBBBBBUFFFEEET!"

Jessie: "Get back in your Pokéball!"

No, seriously, even Team Rocket didn't bug me this episode. Which is strange, considering normally I cringe when I have to see them doing their same antics over and over again. XD.
    Codface, Darth Darkrai and 8ther like this.

Blog Entries

I kinda liked Helena and Verbana being so cold. It did feel weird seeing actual, genuine vitriol in this show, but it's nice. We need more of it.

Anyway, moving on...
    Quote Originally Posted by DracoMan View Post
    The flashbacks in this ep further demonstrate why the Plasma Arc should've taken up more of BW. We need more "show, don't tell" storytelling.
    Bingo.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectrum Achromatic View Post
    So from this, we can see that Ghetsis had indeed planned to make N the King of Team Plasma, only that unlike the games, the coronation had been interrupted by Reshiram. This is one of the interesting twists the anime has given in this arc.
    N being the King (or rather, being intended to be the king) is so meaningless in the anime. We never even see N being a part of Team Plasma at all. The only interaction we see between N and all of Team Plasma is them opposing each other after he left. Compare this to the games where N battles Hilda/Hilbert in Nimbasa City to stall for time so some Team Plasma Grunts can escape. Along with how all of Team Plasma revers N. (Granted, everybody in the games calls N 'my king' or 'my lord' but it's not like that affection stems just from his being coronated.)

I also loved N's line about how he can't just "stand around and do nothing". What exactly would he had done had Ash not convinced him to flee? He's not a trainer in this continuity, so it's not like he could have called upon his Pokémon friends to, ya know, actually defend themselves. At least he helped evacuate all the Pokémon, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by DracoMan View Post
    We need more "show, don't tell" storytelling.
    Just repeating this for truth.

EDIT: Another thing from this episode that annoyed me:

Ghetsis using N and his sisters, one of the major points of the games, is reduced to one of the girls informing us that "Ghetsis told us we were working for the good of Pokémon... but he was lying!" and a flashback where Reshiram disrupts the coronation. Speaking of that flashback...

Last edited by Ambipom666; 24th June 2013 at 08:34 AM.
    Kanto's Route 23 doesn't exist in the Johto games!

My ideas for a more game-faithful Best Wishes! series.

The Jewel Party

Primordial ChaosKnight Five-Gate Omega's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This is probably my favorite episode of BW overall. I guess I misjudged Episode N, but this episode gave me hope. The interactions between the twerps an N, Concordia, and Anthea were so mystifying and yet so real. I liked N's backstory and the way it was told as well as how cold the two sisters were to Ash and Friends and how distrustful they were to them. Also nice to address the widespread pokemon abuse in the anime. My favorite aspect of this episode was how Ghetsis was portrayed in the anime. Not only does it scream the fact that Ghetsis is evil, but everything from his voice to his mannerisms also suggests such. Ghetsis just might end up as my all time favorite villain in the anime, strange considering I liked Cyrus and Giovanni more than him in the games but I digress. All in all, excellent episode.

A 10/10 perfect episode which give me hope for BW after all.

Blog Entries

Follow QuietDragon on Tumblr

Yes, finally, my absolute favourite episode of this arc! I loved seeing it dubbed.

The script was top-notch and the voice actors all did a very good job this week. N's voice actor really impressed me. He kept N quiet and not overly emotional, but you could still feel how troubled he was by the gaps and pauses in his words.

Anthea and Concordia's coldness and insistence on not including anyone in their world but N and Pokemon was very well conveyed. They were both very well cast too. Their mistrust is also a very good choice. Just as N said, emotional damage is much harder to heal. Even if they're away from Ghetsis, his influence on them still maintains a firm hold on their worldview. It's very endearing how N watches them looking out the window at Ash and friends in wonder, because he has such a knowing smile. He's been through that same experience, doubting what he's known when he sees how kind and friendly they are to Pokemon.

I like that they didn't change very quickly, though. The second the Plasma grunts move in, they're quick to blame Ash and company.

Musapion on SPPf, QuietxDragon on tumblr

Is a pretty Sneasel Sneazy Sneasel's Avatar
    Blog Entries

sirknight was the best part about of this ep
    Your Name Please

Blog Entries

Bill Rogers doing the Original Voice Of Magnezone in Movie 11 Was Pretty Good I Think.

is watching her own icon Magenta Fantasies's Avatar

Visit Magenta Fantasies's Youtube Channel

I was pleasantly surprised by this episode. I was worried that the anime wouldn't touch upon N's backstory at all (especially since this arc is loosely adapted from Pokemon Black 2 and White 2), but I like how they managed to adapt it to the anime continuity and in a way that works with both Pokemon Black and White and the sequels.
    DeviantART: phoenixflaym
    Fanfictions: Obsessions Crystal Clear Gold Hearted Silver Lining
    Nimbasa Sunrise

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12