REVIEW: S16 EP17 "Saving Braviary" - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: S16 EP17 "Saving Braviary"

Electrifyingly Adorable Sakuraa's Avatar

Default Re: S16 EP17 "Saving Braviary"

Quote Originally Posted by Chiplet View Post
    Weren't you paying attention to the fact that Braviary was hurt? Team Plasma obviously weren't that far away behind them if they noticed N as soon as they got out of the Pokémon center. In other words, if they weren't that far behind, with the fact that the gang also were slowed down due to Braviary being hurt, Team Plasma would surely be able to catch up with them with ease if N hadn't act like a bait.
    Obviously I knew Braviary was hurt. That happened to be the main point of the episode. And I know the grunts most likely would have caught up to them no matter what they did with the tracking device. All I was saying was that it wouldn't have been that easy to find them even if they had just put it in some random location. The grunts would still have had to go to that location and discover the chip, when at that point N and the gang could have gotten some distance away from the Pokemon Center. Then the grunts would have still had to pick a direction to go to start looking for them. Now, could/would they have been found? Most likely, yes. But it wouldn't have been that quick or easy, nor would it cause N to get attacked by the Pokemon.

All I'm saying is that I believed they could have had better options.

To which I was trying imply the reason to why they were chosen. If anything, choosing Excadrill against Seviper and Zangoose was the perfect choice when it comes to type.
    I'm sorry but I'm not getting your point. I never said anything about type and I know perfectly well why Pikachu and Excadrill were chosen to battle. I just would have prefered seeing other Pokemon that don't battle as much as these two.
    Last edited by Sakuraa; 26th May 2013 at 01:40 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sakuraa View Post
    All I was saying was that it wouldn't have been that easy to find them even if they had just put it in some random location. The grunts would still have had to go to that location and discover the chip, when at that point N and the gang could have gotten some distance away from the Pokemon Center.
    You're acting as if they had all the time in the world, something they clearly didn't have. As I said, if Team Plasma noticed N as soon as they got out of the Pokémon center, then do you really think that they all were that far away from them? They clearly couldn't have been, so even if they had decided to put the tracking device on some random spot, they surely wouldn't have been able to get that away as they couldn't run with Braviary being hurt. They were obivously running out of time.

Then the grunts would have still had to pick a direction to go to start looking for them. Now, could/would they have been found? Most likely, yes. But it wouldn't have been that quick or easy, nor would it cause N to get attacked by the Pokemon.
    Exactly, you just said it yourself. If you yourself say that they most likely would've find the gang if they decided to go with your plans, then isn't it obvious that N's plan of playing a decoy was the better choice? If it all continued the way it did, Braviary would've been able to escape as the gang managed to bring it to a safe place, however, since Braviary got concerned for N it decided to go back. Having N distract them was obviously the only plan that would've worked if they were hoping for any chance of escape.

All I'm saying is that I believed they could have had better options.
    What better options? You have yet mentioned any as we already came to the conclusion that those ideas that you've already mentioned wouldn't secure Braviary's escape.

I'm sorry but I'm not getting your point. I never said anything about type and I know perfectly well why Pikachu and Excadrill were chosen to battle. I just would have prefered seeing other Pokemon that don't battle as much as these two.
    What's to get, really? I was merely mentioning more reasons as to why their choices of Pokémon were understandable.
    ''A single thread in a tapestry though its color brightly shine, can never see its purpose, in the pattern of the grand design.''

Electrifyingly Adorable Sakuraa's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chiplet View Post
    You're acting as if they had all the time in the world, something they clearly didn't have. As I said, if Team Plasma noticed N as soon as they got out of the Pokémon center, then do you really think that they all were that far away from them? They clearly couldn't have been, so even if they had decided to put the tracking device on some random spot, they surely wouldn't have been able to get that away as they couldn't run with Braviary being hurt. They were obivously running out of time.
    I never said anything about them having a that much time. Your post said they could have easily found them, and all I was trying to say that it wouldn't have been easy. They surely would have found them eventually, but I don't think it wouldn't have been that easy, no matter how close to the Pokemon Center they were.

Exactly, you just said it yourself. If you yourself say that they most likely would've find the gang if they decided to go with your plans, then isn't it obvious that N's plan of playing a decoy was the better choice? If it all continued the way it did, Braviary would've been able to escape as the gang managed to bring it to a safe place, however, since Braviary got concerned for N it decided to go back. Having N distract them was obviously the only plan that would've worked if they were hoping for any chance of escape.
    What better options? You have yet mentioned any as we already came to the conclusion that those ideas that you've already mentioned wouldn't secure Braviary's escape.
    I was never talking about Braviary escaping. I was saying that they could have done something else so that N wouldn't have gotten hurt.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sakuraa View Post
    I never said anything about them having a that much time. Your post said they could have easily found them, and all I was trying to say that it wouldn't have been easy. They surely would have found them eventually, but I don't think it wouldn't have been that easy, no matter how close to the Pokemon Center they were.
    Not directly, no, but the plans that you're proposing would require more time than what they had. What you first said was that N's plan was a dumb idea, to which I was explaining why I thought it wasn't. That's all. And if you don't think they would've find them easily, then how come that they spotted N as soon as they got out of the Pokémon center? He'd have to put the tracker device on a rock or tree close by, right? Then he could go to the rest of the gang. However, if he had put the tracker device close by to the Pokémon center, then what in the world would hinder Team Plasma from not having a easy time catching up to them after that they had found the tracker device just outside the Pokémon center? As I mentioned, the gang couldn't run due to Braviary.

I was never talking about Braviary escaping. I was saying that they could have done something else so that N wouldn't have gotten hurt.
    Which would eventually have lead up to them actually catching up to Braviary, which N was trying to prevent. They could've done something else, sure, but regardless of what they surely would've caught up to the gang eventually. N was fully prepared to face those attacks if it guaranteed Braviary's safety.
    HumanDawn likes this.
    ''A single thread in a tapestry though its color brightly shine, can never see its purpose, in the pattern of the grand design.''

Blog Entries
    Follow Kouzan On Twitter Add Kouzan on Google+
    Follow Kouzan on Tumblr Visit Kouzan's Youtube Channel

This episode was alright. N is more and more becoming one of my favorite character. He has a more deeper character development than most characters on the show. And his bait-and-switch tactic with Braviary was pretty cool.

I was really confused to as to how Serviper and Zangoose were able to get along and work for Team Plasma without getting into a fight. I thought they were supposed to be bitter enemies. Though maybe Team Plasma trained them to get along to use them as their partners.

N's lines in the episode is what makes the episode for me. If It weren't for them, i probably wouldn't fine this episode as interesting. It's good to know he will be joining Ash and gang for a while.

As far as episodes go, I didn't really like this one that much. There are just so many little things I could nitpick.
    First of all is the beginning scene, where the Plasma lackeys are in the truck. They stop at a road block, and one blames it on the other one's driving. It is a definite pet peeve of mine for the show when someone says something that makes pretty much no sense and it is played up as making sense. And the whole thing about N taking hits for Pokemon was just too much, and I think it's becoming overrated. I mean, Ash does that for Pokemon all the time and everyone just treats him like a moron. Even in the actual show, his best friends pretty much just ask him if he's all right or don't even acknowledge it. The N does the same thing, gets a little scratch, and everyone flips their shit. "N, you're hurt!!"
    Another thing about it is how quickly he is to take a hit for a Pokemon. You would expect someone as philosophical and cool-headed as N to think twice for other alternatives, but he doesn't and it seems very out of character.
    Also, what was with their plan? It was beyond disappointing to me. It would have been much more satisfying if they had just destroyed the tracking device and fled, or, better yet, thrown it out into somewhere that would distract them.

Add Kelleo on Facebook
    Visit Kelleo's Youtube Channel

Ooh, this was a neat episode! I liked that the title is likely a reference to the movie Saving Private Ryan. N is awesome and badass as usual (way cooler than his game self), though I question how Team Plasma managed to get a Seviper and Zangoose to be teammates. o.O

Braviary rescuing Pikachu near the end was real nice too! Though its wing healed kinda fast...

I poke your snoot UnovaCastaway's Avatar
    Blog Entries

My favorite human and my favorite Gen V Pokémon in the same episode already make this a great one. How N cared about Braviary and his desire to save Pokémon from evil people are reasons why I consider him extremely relatable. (and I loved how Braviary cared about N) The writers still did a pretty good job handling his character. I liked how he still wanted to work alone and hesitated to join Ash&co at first (but decided after feeling their interactions in battle).

I also liked the bait and switch plan with Ash&co, but thought it would have been a better idea to throw the tracking device in the bushes somewhere while N escaped with the sheets. (at least it was removable) The battle itself could have been a little longer, though. Overall, an intense, decently-paced episode.

Was it just me, or did that very last set of dialogue with the meal at the end seem out of place?

Another weird quirk as a result of the dubbing/ nurse assistant names: "Braviary will feel better soon!" "Audi-noooooooo!"

Every rescue episode makes me wonder:
    Wouldn't it be alot easier if they just catched Braviary and sent him to another Pokemon center because they knew team plasma will be coming for it?
    It could stay in the other pokemon center until it gets fully healed and before team plasma can track him down he would be released and GPS's batteries dried out.

It would certainly be better than being a bait imo.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12