REVIEW: S16 EP16 "The Light of Floccesy Ranch!" - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: S16 EP16 "The Light of Floccesy Ranch!"

The Deceiver Pokemon Team Gaara's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: S16 EP16 "The Light of Floccesy Ranch!"

Quote Originally Posted by ~Piika View Post
    I laughed out loud at the way Team Rocket caught the Mareep. I mean... firing a laser at their heads? That made the Mareep decide to follow the laser to the source? Then kind of just walk right into the cage once it was turned off? What was that about? I guess you could say the electricity in the laser attracted the Mareep or whatever, but it just seemed so... SILLY.
    I was wondering that, too. I mean, it's so inconvenient. Thieves are supposed to steal quickly, not use the slowest possible means of capturing an entire farm!

And then Jessie wants to say it's too serious for a song. How the hell was I supposed to take that seriously?

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Team Gaara View Post
    I laughed out loud at the way Team Rocket caught the Mareep. I mean... firing a laser at their heads? That made the Mareep decide to follow the laser to the source? Then kind of just walk right into the cage once it was turned off? What was that about? I guess you could say the electricity in the laser attracted the Mareep or whatever, but it just seemed so... SILLY.
    I was wondering that, too. I mean, it's so inconvenient. Thieves are supposed to steal quickly, not use the slowest possible means of capturing an entire farm!

And then Jessie wants to say it's too serious for a song. How the hell was I supposed to take that seriously?
    Remember we are talking about Jessie, James, and Meowth here. XD. lol.

Oddly enough, I've always found them the most relatable characters on the show, and the most well developed. I didn't like them when they were serious that much. While I think it's great they were finally getting closer to Giovanni and their dreams, the way it was executed was in such a dull fashion that it was rather boring to watch.

The Deceiver Pokemon Team Gaara's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by EmotionalTensionPKMN View Post

Oddly enough, I've always found them the most relatable characters on the show, and the most well developed. I didn't like them when they were serious that much. While I think it's great they were finally getting closer to Giovanni and their dreams, the way it was executed was in such a dull fashion that it was rather boring to watch.
    Well, since the whole "serious upgrade", they've had a whole bunch of fancy gadgets and to just see them use that ridiculous invention was just laughable.

The only thing that bothered me about the change was that it just seemed really random. Nothing really made them decide to act totally serious.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Well, since the whole "serious upgrade", they've had a whole bunch of fancy gadgets and to just see them use that ridiculous invention was just laughable.

The only thing that bothered me about the change was that it just seemed really random. Nothing really made them decide to act totally serious.
    Same here. There was no real reason why they changed personalities like that to me, either.

Moe
    Blog Entries

Also, was Dragonite really showing off his "soft side"? Iris told him to help out. Maybe if Dragonite had seen Ampharos struggling and then decided to help, I'd agree, but he was just following his trainer's orders.
    To me it's because Dragonite was trying initially to put up a tough image, but by the end was showing that he cared about whether Ampharos would succeed instead of reluctantly helping all along like it could have done.

I liked this episode because Mareep.

is watching her own icon Magenta Fantasies's Avatar

Visit Magenta Fantasies's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Mewtwo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Magenta Fantasies View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
    This episode was like a bad Johto filler, from the bland character of the day to the relatively stupid problem.
    That's exactly what I was thinking as I watched this episode. It reminded me a bit of "Octillery the Outcast", though like that episode, it also managed to be quite cute.
    To think I only got five hours of sleep (I was really busy last night and went to sleep around 3 AM) just to wake up at 8 to watch this episode. That's two episodes in a row that N isn't in, and I'm really hoping he or Team Plasma are in the next episode (don't spoil it for me if that's true).

Still, Ampharos is ultra cute and it's one of my favorite Electric types, so it was nice to see one in a major role, which I think hasn't happened since Johto. I still can't get over the pronounciation; I always thought it was pronounced "am-PHAR-os" (as in, "phare" is French for lighthouse) not "AM-pher-OSS".
    TPCi mispronounces Pokemon names a lot.
    If that's true, then how the heck are we supposed to know how to correctly pronounce the English names?
    DeviantART: phoenixflaym
    Fanfictions: Obsessions Crystal Clear Gold Hearted Silver Lining
    Nimbasa Sunrise

OK, I hate to say it but this episode was felt pretty bland and unnecessary.

The plot and today's problem seemed so cheap and kind of forced, it almost reminded me of Johto fillers. And, is it me or was this episode just meant to reaffirm the prejudice that sheep are kind of...slow-witted?

The only two good things about this episode were first Dragonite acting as a coach (and being pretty good at that) and second that we finally got to see inside a Pokeball. If you ask me, it looks pretty narrow and sterile inside those Pokeballs, though. Well, at least we now know that Pokemon mustn't suffer from claustrophobia.

Well, I can't really say much more about the episode apart from the fact that I think the writers should have spared us this one and make the Team Plasma introduction a two-parter instead.
    "When I was younger, I used to dream of nothing other than becoming powerful through being victorious in battle, and so I trained endlessly."

Please visit the CYNTHIA CLUB

Electrifyingly Adorable Sakuraa's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Queen Cynthia View Post
    we finally got to see inside a Pokeball.
    Actually the inside of a Pokeball has been seen before. I believe it was Misty's Psyduck at the end of the episode it was caught in. But that was years ago so I guess it's easy that one could forget. Besides the inside of that Pokeball was just an empty white space.

Add Kelleo on Facebook
    Visit Kelleo's Youtube Channel

I thought this episode was rather cute! Especially because of Pikachu and Axew's cuteness in it lol. Dragonite acting as a coach was neat too. And though I didn't like how there was no explanation for Team Rocket turning more serious, I liked the change. Their old selves got old. They were entertaining for a time, but the goofiness got boring for me.

And as for their method of capturing the Mareep, yeah, it was really slow, but I doubt just rushing over in front of everyone would've been a much better idea.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

This episode was like a bad Johto filler, from the bland character of the day to the relatively stupid problem.
    That's exactly what I was thinking as I watched this episode. It reminded me a bit of "Octillery the Outcast", though like that episode, it also managed to be quite cute.
    To think I only got five hours of sleep (I was really busy last night and went to sleep around 3 AM) just to wake up at 8 to watch this episode. That's two episodes in a row that N isn't in, and I'm really hoping he or Team Plasma are in the next episode (don't spoil it for me if that's true).

Still, Ampharos is ultra cute and it's one of my favorite Electric types, so it was nice to see one in a major role, which I think hasn't happened since Johto. I still can't get over the pronounciation; I always thought it was pronounced "am-PHAR-os" (as in, "phare" is French for lighthouse) not "AM-pher-OSS".
    If that's true, then how the heck are we supposed to know how to correctly pronounce the English names?
    TPCi's pronounciations are actually Nintendo of America's official names. Despite this, I must agree with Lord_Mewtwo that I'm personally not as fond of them as much as I was the 4Kids pronounciations. They seemed to roll off the tongue more easily to me. Then again, I miss a lot of things from the 4Kids dub sometimes (especially VT's Ash), even if I'm used to the TPCi dub now. Sorry for going off topic for a bit there, but I think that's the case.
    Last edited by Pokémon Master Ash; 19th May 2013 at 08:33 PM.

Blog Entries
    Add Lord_Mewtwo on Facebook
    Visit Lord_Mewtwo's Youtube Channel

TPCi's pronounciations are actually Nintendo of America's official names. Despite this, I must agree with Lord_Mewtwo that I'm personally not as fond of them as much as I was the 4Kids pronounciations. They seemed to roll off the tongue more easily to me. Then again, I miss a lot of things from the 4Kids dub sometimes (especially VT's Ash), even if I'm used to the TPCi dub now. Sorry for going off topic for a bit there, but I think that's the case.
    For the record I pronounce Ampharos Am-far-os. Always have since G/S came out, and that's how I'll keep pronouncing it.
    Creator of The How Much Japanese Music Is Kept In The Dub Thread Last updated 8-21-11
    The user formerly known as kenai3000
    Back into Pokemon and am now more of a fan than ever

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

For the record I pronounce Ampharos Am-far-os. Always have since G/S came out, and that's how I'll keep pronouncing it.
    Same here. :)

Follow PockyAddict On Twitter Add PockyAddict on Facebook
    Follow PockyAddict on Tumblr Visit PockyAddict's Youtube Channel

Did ash just say "what is that" with Mareep even tho there was a johto episode of marreep years ago where he seen a bunch of them.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PockyAddict View Post
    Did ash just say "what is that" with Mareep even tho there was a johto episode of marreep years ago where he seen a bunch of them.
    Remember how many times he's battled James' Weezing, and yet he had to scan Roxie's Koffing with the Zukan/Pokedex? Seriously, it's Ash, you know him all to well to think he'll remember stuff! JK. :)
    PockyAddict likes this.

Follow PockyAddict On Twitter Add PockyAddict on Facebook
    Follow PockyAddict on Tumblr Visit PockyAddict's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by PockyAddict View Post
    Remember how many times he's battled James' Weezing, and yet he had to scan Roxie's Koffing with the Zukan/Pokedex? Seriously, it's Ash, you know him all to well to think he'll remember stuff! JK. :)
    yep i agree, although in unova he seems to do this mess more tho. I still sorta blame that on the fact that he has the only pokedex in the group whereas in AG and DP the girls usally scanned the pokemon that ash already seen.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast