I liked N's voice.
    What I DIDN'T like was the rhyming.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Default Re: S16 EP13 "The Name's N!"

Quote Originally Posted by Misty Calls Masquerain View Post
    I liked N's voice.
    What I DIDN'T like was the rhyming.
    Yup, or the alliterations. TRio is going straight back to DP mode. They love Dr. Seuss.
    Codface likes this.

Blog Entries

I really dont buy into this new Team rocket. They feel faceless.

All their old pokemons had a nice back story and personality. In B&W they seem to be just drones used for moves. I was hoping with Episode N and the fact many people have refered to it as the Anime correcting its course they'd sort this. Oh and seriously no wobbuffet or blasting off again....just no.

As for N, he seemed creepy and such. Plus anyone else think he was taller than you'd expect. He seems to be some kind of giant green haired wierdo at the moment. Sure it will turn out good though.

I poke your snoot UnovaCastaway's Avatar
    Blog Entries

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!

*ahem*

N's anime voice is MUCH better than Tom Wayland's in the BW2 trailer. I always imagined it to be a little hushed. While he didn't speak as fast as the game dialogue text implies, at least they got some of his rigid geekiness down when he cited that random Pokémon mythology book when talking about Reshiram and Zekrom. Everyone who said the anime writers got his character down fairly accurately were right. And while he seemed less socially awkward in the anime than the games, you could tell he was a bit off in some places. (DAT STARE. Getting up and walking outside when he started to feel angry? That's a realistic coping strategy. A nice clean way of not animating a meltdown.)

I LOVED that they changed the intro!! I have a bit more faith in the dub now for following more Japanese openings. There would have been no excuse for a league-centric intro for the rest of this season. Now if they only could incorporate some Japanese ending footage...

TR? I think they're TRYING to be semi-serious and semi-goofy. I liked Meowth's response to N's comment though.

And favoritism aside, N already commands a better presence in the anime than Ash&co have had for a while. Can't wait to see the rest of this saga dubbed!

Just one sentence: I'm N-thusiatic about N :D

OK, joking and puns aside. N only got one episode but I think that he will really grow on me quickly. Although it's still a bit early for that but judging from what we've seen so far, I dare say that he has the potential to become one of the Anime's most interesting characters. It was especially because of those profound things he said about the meaning of life that I took an instant liking to him. Also, the way he talked and the words he chose made you wonder if he used to be some kind of student of Cynthia's. Aww, what a fantastic idea and a perfect explanation for his maturity ^^
    Anyways, as I myself still have lots of question regarding life, truth and God, I could identify with N pretty well and this makes his character even more interesting to me.

The only thing I was disappointed about was that the central question about people "forcing" Pokemon to fight couldn't be answered :( Believe it or not, but I've long been waiting for some character to appear and finally ask this very question. Is it legitimate to force Pokemon to battle or do Pokemon not consider battles as something that's forced upon them as long as they can do it voluntarily? A highly interesting question and I hope it'll be answered soon.

All in all, this episode makes up for a totally disappointing league and was desperately needed. I'm already looking forward to next week :)
    "When I was younger, I used to dream of nothing other than becoming powerful through being victorious in battle, and so I trained endlessly."

Please visit the CYNTHIA CLUB

Hahaha, N sounds a bit like a pervert when he says "You're a cute one!", but I guess the creepy voice works for the character. I honestly only watched to laugh at the awfulness of N's voice, but it's not nearly as bad as I thought it would be.
    つまらないものはさっさと消去。

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Satoshi_Pikachu View Post
    Hahaha, N sounds a bit like a pervert when he says "You're a cute one!", but I guess the creepy voice works for the character. I honestly only watched to laugh at the awfulness of N's voice, but it's
    not nearly as bad as I thought it would be.
    I was honestly expecting TPCi to give him an unfitting voice, so I was shocked they did a good job with him. XD.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

N's voice is that good? Gee, I wish I could hear a clip of his American voice!! XDD

I saw the new OP and they did a good job with the new scenes.

The Deceiver Pokemon Team Gaara's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Other things I realized I forgot in my initial review:

1. N reeeaaallly seemed like a psycho when he said he may have only convinced himself he could hear the voices of Pokemon...damn that voice is good.

2. This is the first time in a loooooong time that Ash has said something that I really found funny, and that was: his little dialogue about how "Whenever I'm hungry, I look at Pikachu and then, OMZ, Pikachu is hungry, too. We're totes NSync!"

3. Finally, from N's initially calling Team Rocket fools to Meowth's questioning of N's Sanity, that whole moment was both badass and simply hilarious.

I just have to say, I find N much more likable in the Anime than the games, which is usually the opposite case for me. Maybe it's because he's jumping in front of Shadow Balls...?

BackwardsMan, huh? NoodleChefKyle's Avatar

So...the new opening. Pretty cool. I just had to rewind and watch it again.

N himself? Not bad so far. Can't wait to see more of him.

Maddie Blaustein, 1960-2008
    You will be missed.

Avatar drawn by me. Yamashita-aka-Doragon's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Yamashita-aka-Doragon on Tumblr Visit Yamashita-aka-Doragon's Youtube Channel

Well, I think they did fine job with making new clips to fit the opening song. Points for using Charizard's Flamethrower (since Char is awesome).

N...he sounds like a bored teenager. No offence. At least it's hundred times better than his voice in animated BW2 trailer.

Bonded Forever Misty Calls Masquerain's Avatar
    Blog Entries

A few things that bothered me about this episode:

N doesn't talk fast, like in the games (both dub and original).
    Iris (both, but mostly dub).
    Alomomola's voice SUCKS (dub).
    The updated intro was choppy (dub).
    The title wasn't even centered properly. Who *centered* it for this episode (dub)?
    "To unite the people within our nation (dub)."
    Last edited by Misty Calls Masquerain; 29th April 2013 at 11:04 AM.

Zorc of all Awesome Toriserperior7's Avatar
    Add Toriserperior7 on Google+

i thought that everything from his badass voice to just him in general was perfectly amazing! he was everything i thought he would be!

Blog Entries

Follow Juuchan17 on Tumblr Visit Juuchan17's Youtube Channel

This was one of the dub episodes I was afraid of, mainly because of how N's voice would be handled. At least the new OP was pretty nice - well done, in my opinion [though I don't keep track of dub OPs, but I still like them].

And then there was N's voice. Oh man, I was pleasantly surprised! A nice mix of maturity and stalker-creepy all at once... but it worked well to me. I agree, it's way better than BW2 trailer!N. It was a good choice and I will definitely be watching the rest of the dub N episodes!

Quick question: I'm not the only one that was laughing at some [read: most] of his lines [Lawl, potential double entendre much?], right? [Thank you, Pokemon dub writers, for giving me a reason to listen to his lines with Ash and co. - they are so... heheh, perfectly refreshing.]

I thought everything else was okay. I really think the writing's not bad, and even funny at some points... but it's decent enough for me to start watching the dub again [even though I'm watching this set for all the future eps, but meh]! Team Rocket's motto was... uh, awkward, if only for the "To unite THE people within our nation" line. Strange how only that line bothered me about them.

Also, I have this feeling there is a dub blooper track that exists for this episode and TCPi, I seriously want to hear it. [mainly for any lines where N is being extremely creepy and when anyone says "Alomomola" - I'm sure just for the name, there's got to be so many retakes and flubs to be had.]

- Juuchan17

Completely Insane Fangirl Since Day ONE LiveJournal - DeviantArt - YouTube

Add Kelleo on Facebook
    Visit Kelleo's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by YamiiDenryuu View Post
    James should wear a ponytail more often. He looks quite good like that.
    I agree with this! I've thought James looked kinda hot with a ponytail for ages. lol

Also, N was pretty cool! But yeah, I thought it was odd how he didn't address Pokeballs. Maybe he's saving that for later. I also don't REALLY like how Team Rocket seems to gradually be returning to their old selves. I liked their badassness and seriousness. It was nice and fresh and their goofy personalities were getting old. The original motto coming back is fine though.

Oh, and at least they didn't start shouting "we're blasting off again!" again. xP

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12