Like Tree27Likes

Thread: S16 EP12 "New Places... Familiar Faces!"

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Default Re: S16 EP12 "New Places... Familiar Faces!"

Quote Originally Posted by Sakuraa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by YamashitaTheWildCat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakuraa View Post
    I also was dissapointed that the English dubbed Tepig and Oshawott had the same voices as Ash’s, while in Japanese they all had different voices. But I kind of expected it anyway.
    I think Tepig's voice was little different than the one Ash had before it evolved: it sounded little lighter and not so rough to me.
    It sounded exactly the same to me. It's even the same voice actor.
    Yeah, it's obviously Marc Thompson. It sounded a BIT lighter than it did at the beginning of BW. Subtle difference, but I noticed it too.
    UnovaCastaway likes this.

Bow before me, bitches! SammyW27's Avatar
    Add SammyW27 on Facebook
    Visit SammyW27's Youtube Channel

Never thought I'd say this, but...Team Rocket, oh thank Arceus!

(and they even bought they're OM with 'em! Mmmmm...Nostalgia...)

Blog Entries

Not a big fan of this episode. In the last episode Bianca runs off to her hometown of Nuvema Town, a.k.a. the location of this episode. Why couldn't she come back with Ash and co? Or at least appear in this episode, and we see her visit or her dad? Or visit Professor Juniper again? I don't believe Ash planned on returning to Nuvema Town in the last episode, so I guess he decided to do so in the wonderous land of off-screen-dom?

The CotD was, uh, quirky. At least she's not as dumb as Cameron. If the writers wanted Ash and Nanette to fight off Team Rocket as a team, they surely could have found a better way then having Iris and Cilan seemingly cease to exist during the attack. Speaking of Team Rocket, it's kinda jarring seeing them portrayed as serious threats, battle-wise. This brand-new Pokémon James has can somehow take out Pikachu with one hit? Jessie and James being legitimate opponents in battle was done a few times in the past pre-BW but then Team Rocket had personality. Now they're just so empty and boring.

I used to get tired of goofy Team Rocket but seeing the alternative in this episode really makes me want them back.

Also, about the dub title, I can kinda see what TPCi was getting at, but since Ash is in a place he's already visited, and since we get a new CotD plus Team Rocket's new Pokémon, wouldn't New Faces... Familiar Places! be a better title? None of the new places Ash will visit are actually in this episode.
    Last edited by Ambipom666; 10th August 2013 at 12:02 PM.
    Kanto's Route 23 doesn't exist in the Johto games!

My ideas for a more game-faithful Best Wishes! series.

The Jewel Party

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123