REVIEW: S16 EP10 "Cameron's Secret Weapon!" - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: S16 EP10 "Cameron's Secret Weapon!"

Moe
    Blog Entries

Default Re: S16 EP10 "Cameron's Secret Weapon!"

One thing I liked about this episode was watching the eyes of the characters behind Cilan...

Iris' comment to Bianca after the 5 Pokemon thing was great - can't say that about anything else in this episode.
    martianmister, Yato, Zexy and 1 others like this.

Blog Entries

Follow Zexy on Tumblr Visit Zexy's Youtube Channel

Well, the battle was rushed and poorly-written, but at least it looked action-packed and between-friends. Cameron's not-serious dub voice helped things out, as he was neither a complete battle genius nor the perfect scatterbrain. The other good moments though were Bianca's comments about Oshawott and Cameron's mistake, with Oshawott and Iris' reactions...

Yet, I couldn't stand Stephan/Cilan being okay with Swanna @ Pikachu / Ferrothorn @ Pignite . Instead, they even figured out what Cameron's strategy was while sending out Swanna! Not to mention the strategy itself which was flawed (type disadvantage both in offense and defense / Static)

It still is a nice episode for what it is, with its funny moments, some Cameron in the spotlight and a Full Battle going on. However, I should not say such things, because it may make the anime team write even worse battles in the future... :-O

I got a scum result on that bush! LYNCH IT LYNCH IT LYNCH IT!

I have to admit that it's really hard for me to have a clear opinion on this episode.The main problem was that really good and intense battles were again and again followed by badly-written, rushed and unnecessary ones. So I'd say it was a so-so episode.

On the one hand, I did like the intense, back-to-back action in some of the battle (Hydreigon vs. Oshawott, Hydreigon vs. Pignite and Pikachu vs. Samurott) and I don't share some users' critical opinion here. Exchanging attacks is totally legitimate and belongs to a good, intense Pokemon battle as well.

BUT: Some of the choices that were made, especially by Cameron, were so terrible that they are far beyond description. I'm talking about switching in Ferrothorn against Pignite and Swana against Pikachu with both of Cameron's Pokemon having a four-time weakness against Fire and Electric-type attacks respectively.
    Well, I'm pretty sure I know the reason for all this: The writers were running out of time, so they desperately needed to pack almost the whole six-on-six battle into one single episode, something that we all know doesn't work at all. Thus, the battles were so rushed that all I can say is this: It was unworthy of a league battle!
    Since Paul vs. Ash in the great Sinnoh League we've all known that a full six-on-six battle needs at least(!) two complete episodes, if not three! Everything else is just bound to be a waste of potential. After all, shouldn't the writers know that the league is supposed to be the highlight of every journey? And yet they only reserve a few episodes for that. How about sparing us those more or less unimportant fillers and using the time more reasonably instead?

All in all, an episode with some good and intense scenes but also a battle which, as a whole, was way too rushed! And also an episode that makes you realize once again how much Ash has neglected the development of his Unova team.
    Bishie Karis-chan likes this.
    "When I was younger, I used to dream of nothing other than becoming powerful through being victorious in battle, and so I trained endlessly."

Please visit the CYNTHIA CLUB

Blog Entries

This all I am going to say "Wawawawahhhhhh!

Blog Entries

I'd rather watch Ash vs. Tobias 10 times over before I even think about watching this battle again, that's all I'm saying.
    Yoshi-san, martianmister and Yato like this.

Add Kelleo on Facebook
    Visit Kelleo's Youtube Channel

Yeah, I have to say this battle isn't quite as epic as Ash vs Stephan was, but it's still not bad at all! Cameron is a stronger trainer than I originally gave him credit for. That Hydreigon is definitely impressive. I also hardly expected
    I was like "holy crap!" :o

I had the same reaction to Krookodile knowing Aerial Ace back in Ash vs Stephan. Though as always, Stephan's Sawk is epic.

Blog Entries

As soon as I saw Lucario the first thing that popped into my mind was "Where the heck is Buizel when Ash needs him?!?!"
    Hoopa likes this.

Proud Pokeservative! 97SaturnSL1's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This is an epiosode of pokemon worthy of the Losing Horns from "the Price is Right". and that right there sums it up

Finally got around to watching the dub of this, and I'm still as bitter about this episode as I was with the original.

Anyone remember the Ash vs. Paul battle... how there was a ton of strategy involved with decent improvised moves and battle plans. Yeah, none of that here. Instead, it's one Pokemon after the other with a ton of:-

"Don't worry Oshawott, I know you can defeat Hydreigon!"
    "Don't worry Ferrothorn, I know you can defeat Pignite!"
    "Don't worry Pignite, I know you can defeat Samurott!
    "Don't worry Samurott, I know you can defeat Pikachu!"
    "Don't worry Swanna, I know you can defeat Pikachu!"
    "Don't worry Riolu, I know you can defeat Unfezant!"

Oh wait, excuse the last one... Riolu did defeat Unfezant. The bird didn't manage to get off a single move... having said that, she was only hit by three moves that shouldn't have been that effective before being knocked out so I guess logic is being thrown out of the window for the 'Heart of the Cards' mentality the show has been pimping recently.

But let's get on to the worst factor about this episode... Cameron only brought FIVE Pokemon with him!. I mean, geez, there's dumb but then there's bone-shatteringly stupid. "Duh, I thought full battles were five-on-five!" They're called FULL battles, you dumbass. Clearly your logic does not resemble our Earth logic.

The fact the writers went this is stupid idea pisses me off for two reasons...

- It cheats us out of seeing a proper full battle at the league.
    - It makes Ash look even weaker that he's having trouble against this guy. DP Ash would be walking over him.

Some people might reason there wasn't time to include another Pokemon, and I could buy that if we hadn't had yet another 'Axew goes missing' filler plot just before. God, even in a league Iris takes focus away from Ash.

People who refute that BW has made Ash weaker and is a massive step backwards for both him and the series, this episode is all the proof you need.

I guess I should give this episode one compliment... I liked the design of the scoreboard (and a really nice touch is that when the evolution is finished you can just see Riolu's picture being replaced by Lucario's... of course, he still shows at Riolu a couple of shots lateR). That's all the good things I can say about it.

Oh, and Jimmy Zoppi... did you have to use your James voice for the referee? Didn't you have anything new you could use?
    Last edited by WatcherMark; 12th April 2013 at 01:18 PM.
    DracoMan, Team Gaara and Yato like this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12