REVIEW: S16 EP07 "Mission: Defeat Your Rival!" - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: S16 EP07 "Mission: Defeat Your Rival!"

Default Re: S16 EP07 "Mission: Defeat Your Rival!"

After watching this episode, I watched the entire Sinnoh League arc. Then I wept for what this show once was and realized the harsh reality of life is that all good things come to an end.

Bonded Forever Misty Calls Masquerain's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Bad episode, but I did like how Copycat looked and the sauna scene, thats about it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ash Ketchum! View Post
    After watching this episode, I watched the entire Sinnoh League arc. Then I wept for what this show once was and realized the harsh reality of life is that all good things come to an end.
    You too?!!? No joke, yesterday I re-watched the Sinnoh League. To me the Sinnoh and Hoenn leagues were very good. I could tell because I can't watch one episode of those leagues without going ahead and watching the entire arc from preliminaries to when Ash loses.

Honestly, the Barry/Paul battle was the only ridiculous battle from that league to me in terms of overpowered Pokemon with endurance that is unbelievable; Magmortar standing after taking Hydro Cannon and Ursaring surviving a bunch of fighting type moves (just forgetting about Tobias because I give Ash props for taking out 2 legendary Pokemon).

I'll take the Barry/Paul or Ash/Tobias match over what we've seen so far out of the Unova league.

Blog Entries

Follow Kyriaki on Tumblr

I skipped the battle part and only watched the sauna scene cuz that's the only fun part of this episode.

Trip: You beat me fair and square

Me: HE DID?!?!

Though at least that scene with Emboar & Samurott was a hoot! Arceus bless the man who came up with Attract (Pokémon: now with S&M! )
    Last edited by SammyW27; 21st March 2013 at 11:51 AM.
    Shantae and the Pirate's Curse: 10/23/2014

I don't know what does that blue head of Pikachu means except that he was almost dying due to lack of oxygen. If that's true, Pikachu needed at least 5 minutes after freedom to regain his strength... How did he still battle after that? Probably i'm over thinking things..
    Serperior using it's tail to avoid Pikachu's thunderbolt was ridiculous, I can't tell when the writers want to use anime physics or use Real world physics. First of all, Serperior's body was already on the ground so if they wanted to avoid electricity shock they could already do it without the help of tail Even then, they couldnt completely avoid pain. Electrons moving through Serperior's tail would create an extreme pain in that area which is exactly where he was holding pikachu with, therefore he shouldn't be able to hold pikachu anymore. But i think they only wanted to use only a small part of Real world physics which is not understandable. Reminds me of Pikachu vs. Bellsprout where writers made the exact same mistake, But i thought they were over it.
    The rest was already mentioned in the topic so i won't bother

Even in victory Ash looked worse then his opponent. Serperior was still nerfed yet Ash's win still seemed cheap considering he was completely helpless and basically relied on luck. Back with Paul DP Ash held his own and proved himself as being his equal. BW Ash looked like a worse trainer then Trip and he probably wouldn't have been strong enough to have won a full battle if they had one.

I Found this to be a good Episode and I really liked it Pikachu VS. Serperior was good Cheap but good. And it was good to see Escavalier Again.

Blog Entries

Serperior was nerfed bad in this episode I mean he lost his best two moves just so Pikachu would stand a chance and even then Pikachu still couldn't go tail to tail with him. *sorry for my pun* :p

Best Wishes to BW!

BW Ash look a lot more better then DP Ash in terms of character development as an Pokemon trainer, the Hoenn and Unova Leagues win over the Sinnoh League anyday.

But this was a really great episode, Pikachu vs Serperior was pure epic.

Night Owl G50's Avatar Bulbanews Editor-in-Chief
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

I really liked the battle between Bianca and Cameron. It was nice to be able to see Emboar and Samurott battling head to head, with my favorite of the two winning of course
    Emboar looked really cute doing Attract.

The combo Pikachu did to defeat Serperior was pretty cool, though I really didn't like the battle all that much as a whole. Serperior's defense must have been a lot lower to lose in a lot less attacks from Pikachu.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123