REVIEW: S15 EP26 "Battling the Leaf Thieves!"

Results 1 to 13 of 13
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By HumanDawn
  • 1 Post By Hellwarden
  • 1 Post By Moe

Thread: S15 EP26 "Battling the Leaf Thieves!"

  1. #1
    The Sworn Brothers Adyniz's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Staff
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Pakistan
    Posts
    2,413
    Blog Entries
    2
    Follow Adyniz On Twitter

    Default S15 EP26 "Battling the Leaf Thieves!"

    BW074 - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia

    With the Clubsplosion Battle Tournament behind them, Ash and his friends turn toward Icirrus City for Ash’s next Gym battle. When Ash’s Swadloon evolves into Leavanny, it starts a craft project to make clothes out of leaves for all the other Pokémon. But the fashion show comes to an abrupt and frightening end when a swarm of leaf-eating Durant takes notice!

  2. #2
    . Ishida's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Nah
    Posts
    891
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: S15 EP26 "Battling the Leaf Thieves!"

    I think that was the first time Iris said something about her own hair.

  3. #3
    追放されたバカ
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    England, United Kingdom
    Posts
    224

    Default Re: S15 EP26 "Battling the Leaf Thieves!"

    Really looking forward to watching this tonight, Axew is soooo adorable with the leaf costume on as you can see from my Avatar.

    I'm hoping they don't make Durant too creepy. I really hate Ants and Spiders and things, it's quite extreme, I even had to release my Durant in Black because it just gave me goosebumps (not the good kind) from looking at it in the box.

    Does anyone know if Heatmor is in this episode, after all Heatmor and Durant are related (Ant and Anteater, saying in the Pokedex Heatmor eats Durant) would love for Heatmor to come and save the day. But anyway, surely Ash's Tepig will be able to defeat them easily. I hope the anime don't make the usual mistake of completely glossing over type advantages. Also when Axew goes missing would like to see Iris open up a bit more about her past, and her friendship with Axew, maybe impart some more memories.

  4. #4
    . Ishida's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Nah
    Posts
    891
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: S15 EP26 "Battling the Leaf Thieves!"

    Quote Originally Posted by Therian View Post
    Really looking forward to watching this tonight, Axew is soooo adorable with the leaf costume on as you can see from my Avatar.

    I'm hoping they don't make Durant too creepy. I really hate Ants and Spiders and things, it's quite extreme, I even had to release my Durant in Black because it just gave me goosebumps (not the good kind) from looking at it in the box.

    Does anyone know if Heatmor is in this episode, after all Heatmor and Durant are related (Ant and Anteater, saying in the Pokedex Heatmor eats Durant) would love for Heatmor to come and save the day. But anyway, surely Ash's Tepig will be able to defeat them easily. I hope the anime don't make the usual mistake of completely glossing over type advantages. Also when Axew goes missing would like to see Iris open up a bit more about her past, and her friendship with Axew, maybe impart some more memories.
    Heatmor wasn't in this episode but it is appearing in three episodes. And Durant wasn't that bad I thought it kind of had a cute voice

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    50

    Default Re: S15 EP26 "Battling the Leaf Thieves!"

    Couple questions about this episode, how come Emolga didn't like Ash's Leavanny's leaf hats, but she loved the Bouffalant wig she wore in Episode 66, Baffling the Bouffalant? Also, I don't think Iris understood exactly what Scraggy was saying when he tried to convey that Axew was missing, she must've known Axew was missing by noticing it herself, if my Pokémon was missing, I wouldn't make small talk with someone else's Pokémon, I'd go looking for it.

    I liked that Ash was the fall guy again in this episode. Classic Pokeymans comedy. And had Protect not been so cheap during that Durant battle, Emolga would've smoked their sausage and brought home their bacon. But then she wouldn't have gotten an opportunity to use her sex appeal, which I thought we were gonna miss out on in this episode. At the top of the episode with the Swadloon / Leavanny battle, I was sincerely all like "Wow, she hasn't used Attract yet?" The end of the episode fixed that issue in decent form.

  6. #6
    Future Seeker HumanDawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    1,100
    Blog Entries
    21

    Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

    Default Re: S15 EP26 "Battling the Leaf Thieves!"

    Oh Leavanny bby I love you <3 You shined so much with your intelligence, FABULISHNESS and battle style <3333

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaljinyu View Post
    Couple questions about this episode, how come Emolga didn't like Ash's Leavanny's leaf hats, but she loved the Bouffalant wig she wore in Episode 66, Baffling the Bouffalant?
    Preference bby.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaljinyu View Post
    Also, I don't think Iris understood exactly what Scraggy was saying when he tried to convey that Axew was missing, she must've known Axew was missing by noticing it herself, if my Pokémon was missing, I wouldn't make small talk with someone else's Pokémon, I'd go looking for it.
    Yeah, by gathering information from other Pokemon for clues.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaljinyu View Post
    I liked that Ash was the fall guy again in this episode. Classic Pokeymans comedy.
    Wasn't Cilan the fall guy getting himself hurt in the cave?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaljinyu View Post
    And had Protect not been so cheap during that Durant battle, Emolga would've smoked their sausage and brought home their bacon. But then she wouldn't have gotten an opportunity to use her sex appeal, which I thought we were gonna miss out on in this episode. At the top of the episode with the Swadloon / Leavanny battle, I was sincerely all like "Wow, she hasn't used Attract yet?" The end of the episode fixed that issue in decent form.
    It was a training match. Ash and Iris do this stuff off-screen. If Emolga used Attract, Ash would have deflected it with an attack.
    PokéVision likes this.

  7. #7
    Registered User Trainer Gabriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,802
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default Re: S15 EP26 "Battling the Leaf Thieves!"

    Cilan and Iris giving their own excuses reasons to not be the bait for the Durant reminded me of when Brock and Misty made Ash substitute for Mr. Mime so they wouldn't have to for their own personal reasons.

  8. #8
    タイタス Torterra Trainer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Georgia, USA
    Posts
    334

    Default Re: S15 EP26 "Battling the Leaf Thieves!"

    I think the Durant were pretty awesome, they were able to counteract pretty much anything the gang threw out them, besides Emolga's Attract. But I think many would agree that Cilan hitting his head and falling over, both after Iris had warned him to be careful, was hi-larious!!!!!
    3DS Friend Code ~ 1762-2785-8494

    Add me and give me yours!!

  9. #9
    Registered User WatcherMark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Durham, UK
    Posts
    765

    Default Re: S15 EP26 "Battling the Leaf Thieves!"

    Just like Hahakomori in the original, Leavanny is given a female sounding voice despite being male... poor guy.

  10. #10
    Registered User Hellwarden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    767

    Default Re: S15 EP26 "Battling the Leaf Thieves!"

    You know, when the 5th gen poke list first leaked, I certainly didn't peg Leavanny as a poke Ash would get.

    So props to Best Wishes for at least being a bit unpredictable. Leavanny definitely doesn't fall into Ash's normally tough looking line-up of pokes. Voice pretty much just as effeminate as the Japanese one.

    Anyway, I thought it was a fun episode. The ending battle between the Durant and the gang was definitely exciting. Liked how Emolga was the one to turn it all around.

    Kinda a rough ep for Cilan, kept falling and whacking his face on things.
    martianmister likes this.

  11. #11
    Moe
    Moe is offline
    Registered User Moe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    949
    Blog Entries
    14

    Default Re: S15 EP26 "Battling the Leaf Thieves!"

    Leavanny doesn't help it's case by walking and running the way it does.

    I really don't like how Leavanny evolved with nothing special to account for the happiness evolution, it certainly didn't seem particularly happy as a Swadloon and certainly didn't do anything in the battle that would have made it happy - unless Ash yelling is enough to trigger an evolution?

    It would be nice if all the various ball-based moves would be animated a bit differently from eachother, sending green balls backwards and forwards for most of the battle is hardly exciting and they certainly don't look like different moves. Just glad Emolga has Discharge instead of Electro Ball.

    It's episodes like this that bring home the point about Pokemon that don't have Pokeballs - instead of needing to fight a swarm of Durant you'd simply return Axew to his Pokeball and scuttle away - just like all those episodes where recalling Pikachu would have solved the problem the whole episode was premised on.
    Hidden Mew likes this.

  12. #12
    Melodies Of Life Sweenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    australia
    Posts
    851
    Blog Entries
    1

    Visit Sweenix's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: S15 EP26 "Battling the Leaf Thieves!"

    okay, i LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVEDDDD this episode, seriously i laughed so hard when cilan banged his head on the cave and when he fell over <3 i have been really hard on him but he won me over today, and the music it was simply amazing and it fit with this episode to the bone, and omygawsh that dub created music during the first battle scene was superb, i was actually convinced it was one of the japanese created music

    11/10 :)
    Proud Advance/Amour/Final Fantasy Shipper :)

    Serebii | Youtube | Advancers | IGN | Ubiforums

  13. #13
    Registered User Hellwarden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    767

    Default Re: S15 EP26 "Battling the Leaf Thieves!"

    You know, part of me wonders what would have happened had the Durant found Axew. Sure some species of real life ants are incredibly vicious, but the poke ones actually didn't seem that bad.

    The only reason they came close to the trio was because of the nicely folded leaves, hell with those pincers they could have torn them apart if they wanted to....and this wasn't a kids show.

LinkBacks (?)

  1. 9th October 2012, 10:04 PM
  2. 11th August 2012, 08:04 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •