REVIEW: S15 EP23 "Search for the Clubultimate!" - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: S15 EP23 "Search for the Clubultimate!"

Default re: S15 EP23 "Search for the Clubultimate!"

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Gabriel View Post
    I still firmly believe that Burgundy deserved to win the first battle round, but we all know that's been discussed enough already. I did like that Iris teased Burgundy in French, while Burgundy called Iris a kid - the latter gave me a quick smile.
    Didn't think anyone else would mention it. But yeah, I liked this too, and how it was deliberately pronounced BeauCOOP.

But Bianca could learn to keep it under her skirt. Offering to give Steffan a massage? Sometimes I wonder what kind of show I'm watching.... >.> Mienshao being the Who's That Pokémon was kind of a tough one because it hadn't appeared in the episode yet, but sometimes they do that. I'm just happy to play. Also... now who's left in the Clubsplosion Tournay so far? I'm trying to match everyone up to their rivals. Ash and Trip, Iris and Georgia, Steffan and Eusine/Montgomery, but does Cilan have anyone? Who was left? That one filler character chick whose battle we didn't get to see? Is she the only one left?

The Sworn Brothers Adyniz's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Adyniz On Twitter

Default re: S15 EP23 "Search for the Clubultimate!"

Quote Originally Posted by martianmister View Post
    1523?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinneth View Post
    Season 15, episode 23?
    It is the official dub production code number. And yes, 15 is the season number while 23 is representing the episode number.

Blog Entries

Default Re: S15 EP23 "Search for the Clubultimate!"

Quote Originally Posted by Hellwarden View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Enzap View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulisthebest View Post
    Bianca, if Emboar could jump that high in an attempt to avoid Strength, why not tell it to jump out of Rock Tomb instead of trying to Arm Thrust its way out of there?
    Maybe Bianca was afraid Emboar would get smacked down again?

By the way, was a touch disappointed that Emboar didn't keep his Japanese voice.:\
    True, but still it was a sitting target in that Rock Tomb. I do think that her battle style is a bit over the top. I mean if she's up against an opponent without a strong defense then they are screwed, but against someone like Trip who uses a Pokemon's unique attributes, items, abilities, etc. Then she is done for (unless she pulls an Ash-like tactic which is something completely off the wall that catches the opponent off guard to pull a major upset). I will say that it was unwise for her to have a big Pokemon like Emboar attack repeatably without considering how tired it would get from all of that constant movement.

I mean Emboar is a heavy Pokemon that's almost like having a Snoralx pulling off repeated moves and then expect it to be able to defend against its opponent's attacks.

Same here in the Jap. version its voice was good and it fit Emboar perfectly and if I remember in some scenes it would have that "oink" sound but much more gruff considering it is based off of a boar.

Tracey's #1 fangirl Kenji-girl's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial Board

Follow Kenji-girl on Tumblr

Wonderful episode. As a SpokeShipper I really do enjoy watching the Stephan/Bianca scene <3 People may thing Bianca's fondness of muscles is creepy but I rather enjoy her when she gets all fangirly like that.

And Montgomery's dub self is a straight up bad ass and I love it. The only thing wrong with this episode was Iris's overkill. Dewott was getting ready to faint anyway. She didn't have to murder it like that :/

Noble shine! Likeitornot.'s Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

I must say, I have to commend the dub on the job they did with the script during the course of Cabernet VS Iris' battle; it was hilarious and oh so catty. I especially enjoyed how they both gave a little insulting nod to one another's dialogue quirks- Iris uttering the words "merci beaucoup" venomously towards Cabernet, and Cabernet stating that she won't lose to a kid (though, this mightn't be a blatant reference to Iris' catchphrase, it was still amusing, given the circumstances). I also liked the slight reference to Burgundy's name when Iris says something about her "yucky (or some mocking adjective) grapes".
    When the announcer recites who is battling against who, I find it interesting that Iris maintains the title of the energetic wild child she was given in the previous episode, but Cabernet is simply a connaisseuse this time round. I can comprehend that "empress of the evaluating world" may have been a bit mouthy, but it does make Cabernet seem kind of plain, which she's not, and "evaluating empress" may have fit, as well as being a spiffy sport of alliteration, but I shouldn't sweat the small things. The announcer's style of handing them all quirky titles as he tells the audience who is against who at the start of the match seems to be quite a fun routine in this Tournament, for me at least.
    About the outcome of the battle? I still hold my initial views. Originally, since we already knew Cabernet was about to lose, I was more concerned about her performance and how it would conclude in a loss. So, I was quite satisfied at how well she battled, however I was in two minds, as I also felt she could have won this round. I'm still irritated, as it's a loss Cabernet doesn't really deserve at all in my opinion, due to the fact that she was definitely on par. It makes her appear as a weak trainer on the concrete surface by losing in the first round in both Tournaments, which really isn't fair, as this time, as I believe she could have certainly won.
    That being said, one aspect I love about Cabernet's losses is how she interacts with her Pokemon at the end. It's cute how she bends low to Dewott's level, as his head is tilted towards the head, defeated, and smiles at him as she returns him to her Pokeball. You see her being very kind towards her Pokemon- even in a subtle case in this instance- which shows a really sweet side to her character.

I remember being underwhelmed at how brief Langley's match is (I think due to the fact it was the match slotted into the title in the Original so I expected it to be longer) but it's refreshing to see Langley in her general element; busting Dragons- and cute how she pesters Iris to pay close attention to the match at hand.
    I love how Ash thanks Stephan for training with him, even though they don't really get the chance to train together. Still, it's the thought that counts, I suppose.
    Bianca, I much prefer in this running gag; she's just too effervescent and adorable, on her hunt for muscular Pokemon. Her shout at being headbutted by Scraggy isn't as brilliant as her drawn out manly roar in the Original, but it's still great. I love her massaging Stephan and Sawk, though it doesn't seem to relax them too much. XD
    Also, Stephan exclaiming that Ash's Pokemon are mispronouncing his name is hilarious- he's cracked into a state of paranoia, I think.

Montgomery as the ominous magician? Intriguing. His Throh is one brutal Pokemon to be up against, that's for sure.

Overall, this episode made me chortle quite a bit, so it's fair to say that I definitely enjoyed.
    "I shall have some peace there for peace comes
    dropping slow."
    - Lake Isle of Innisfree, W.B Yeats.

Blog Entries

Mh... what about Trip?
    What is he called by judges?

Noble shine! Likeitornot.'s Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Airi-Chan View Post
    Mh... what about Trip?
    What is he called by judges?
    The announcer stated that he was "a young man with great powers of observation" (fitting in with his photography, I suppose) and that he was from Nuvema Town.
    "I shall have some peace there for peace comes
    dropping slow."
    - Lake Isle of Innisfree, W.B Yeats.

Wonder why Burgundy didnt EVER tell Dewott to dodge the attacks instead of trying to clash them really they are stupid and Bianca is joke and Montgomery is a perfect example of a guy who likes sweepers
    Last edited by Mythicalzoe; 25th July 2012 at 12:51 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

LinkBacks (?)