"A Ruin with a View" Review Thread - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "A Ruin with a View" Review Thread

A black and white world Blackjack Gabbiani's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Ooh, you'll find out she had more reasons than just being hungry...

Blog Entries

Yeah, you're right about that. Hehe....lol.

That's not what scares me. After all, Persian could of accidentally scratched a finger or something and he wants to cover it up with a ring.... but it seems like the gemstone of his other ring changed from dull green (earlier) to bright red! Unless my memory is faulty....

I really like the from-Mewtwo-Returns-on way the animators draw Giovanni's hands. I dunno, it just makes 'em more attractive when they're well-drawn like that.

You know what is freaky? If Giovanni took off his rings, and accidentally spilt bleach on the bottom of his orange

*tacky orange, yet somehow cool on Giovanni *nods* that's how some villians are cool. They can change tacky to cool-looking, I guess he's one of the few people orange looks good on.... I think he might look better in dark green or blue.... enough about the color of
    Giovanni's suit*

suit, or somehow made it white, I'd swear those were were Sam's hands! They're almost the same!

^^;;;

!!!!!
    *gaki-ish revelation*

OMG, Professor Oak and Giovanni are related!!!!!!111111@@eleven

Hooray for

*struggles to think of Acronym for Professor Oak And Some Italian Woman Judging On Giovanni's Name... ahah! Posiw-Jogin! (the "gi" comes from Giovanni)*

Posiw-Jogin Shipping! *nod nod* Unless it already has a name, whenever we see a weird correlation between Gio and Sam or whatever, then we can go, "Yay! Posiw-Jogin Shipping hint!"

Or whatever.....

Blog Entries

Ariz, have you been self-medicating again?

Nope It's a Jokeship, so maybe YouGottaBeKiddingshipping... but I think that's already taken.... so..... But their hands DO look alike! Take a look at Richie's debut episode when Professor Oak pushes the elevator button and see!

Overall, not bad. Watching AG episodes with my brother is always a treat, cuz he has a crush on Haruka May and won't admit it.

Heck, when I first saw screenshots, I thought Professor Alden was Brock. Then my bro got all mad at me when I told him Brock was going to be in this epi and then he wasn't. ^^;

May's dub voice isn't too bad to me. I mean heck, out with Veronica Taylor! It's not exactly fair that she has to play BOTH main characters, especially when it causes her to do a not-exactly-great job on the (IMO) better character. May should go to Lisa Ortiz. *nods*

I definitely liked how Haruka showed such concern for her Achamo. I think she will grow to like Pokémon, but like them for battle rather than contest. And who is her new mystery brother she mentioned to Prof Oak? Could it be Wally or Branden?

Also, is the reason why TR has no headquarters in Houen because of Aqua and Magma?

It was Columbus instead.

Blog Entries

Originally posted by Hitchi

I definitely liked how Haruka showed such concern for her Achamo. I think she will grow to like Pokémon, but like them for battle rather than contest. And who is her new mystery brother she mentioned to Prof Oak? Could it be Wally or Branden?

Also, is the reason why TR has no headquarters in Houen because of Aqua and Magma?
    To the first--you'll see. Have you seen the kid on the previews who looks like first-season Joe from Digimon? That's all I'm saying.

And to the second, I'm not sure if that's why. I mean, Aqua and Magma are too at each other's throats to really notice if another team were to pop up, but I'm not certain if their presence alone is enough to keep other teams away.

Protecting Gotham City Geodude's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Geodude On Twitter
    Follow Geodude on Tumblr

I tend to disagree, BJG. I can see TR being intimidated by the war between TA and TM, and looking for a way to establish their presence in Hoenn without having both teams turn on them and completely hand their butts to them.

Although of course Giovanni will never admit to the intimidation...he'd probably just call his actions "strategy" or something...

XBL: Shiny Geodude -- PSN: ShinyGeodude

Blog Entries

Of course, it's possible that he just hasn't gotten around to it yet. Houen is 'a far way away' from Kanto and Johto (I wish they'd specify), so they just might not have gotten there by this point.

Remember, he *does* want to set up a base there...

Blog Entries

Follow Bubble Frog on Tumblr

Default Re: "A Ruin with a View" Review Thread

A Ruin with a View

Episode two and Ash is already into it with May. I actually didn't have a clue they ever had any scrapes, guess it makes sense since he had some with Dawn and Iris early on as well. I thought it was hilarious the way May was telling Ash how she offered him her help with showing him the way to the next town. It really shows how adventurous and energetic Ash is and how May alludes to how Pikachu baked her bike in the previous episode. I liked how May was pretty ignorant to the idea of out-of-the-ball Pokemon. I enjoyed how May's Pokedex had a feminine voice and going for an Azurill capture right off the bat, but not weakening it first was a nice mistake and it was funny Ash tried to stop her from doing that and explained to it had to be battled and the typical type crap. God, Torchic was so pathetic, Piplup, Pikachu, and Axew were all vastly better off the bat.

Team Rocket being assigned to set up operations in Hoenn and the fact Giovanni is aware that they're spending all their time tailing a Pikachu around the world was an interesting revelation and so that's their "promotion" apparently, also liked Butch and Cassidy. May certainly was hesitant to go to the Petalburg Gym, GEE I wonder why. :P Other than that this episode really for the beginning half might as well have been called a "Ash introduces May to Pokemon" type deal with all the type stuff, capture stuff, Pokemon Center tour, etc. Thus this episode debuted May's obsession with food. Having Team Magma appear so earlier off the bat was definitely a smart thing that AG did, wish the other sagas had implemented this. BW seemed on mend with TP's appearance around the 20's. Arbok and Weezing being forced back into their Pokeballs by Roar from Houndoom shows how uncreative and cheaper attack animation was back then.

I liked how May decided to tag along with Ash so she wouldn't "miss out on the adventure" given early on she seems more like a damsel than an adventurous type. Thought it was weird how all the other trainers seemed to magically disappear during the second-half of the episode. Shame Ash never got to confront the Magma Grunts, probably because Pikachu would get killed by those Houndoom and May would be useless. Though he did a good job of defeating Arbok in about 20 seconds and sending TR flying with ease. I have a bit of a hard time believing all that shit they did lasted to morning time, but oh well. The real treasure of the ruins being Relicanth was lame. I also thought at the end of the episode "Alden, no one gives a shit about your research."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12