REVIEW: XY008: "Pokémon Trimmer and Torimian!" - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree104Likes

Thread: REVIEW: XY008: "Pokémon Trimmer and Torimian!"

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Default Re: REVIEW: XY008: "Pokémon Trimmer and Torimian!"

The best part of this episode was Ash and Pika showing a wonderful battle based on teamwork and trust - battling with a blinded Pikachu o.o - Ash is clearly not a noob this season, and I like that :D

As for the episode itself, I guess it is just filler. But it was an okay filler.

Blog Entries

Review of this episode. Watching through good subs I notice one thing:
    -The summary apparently mentioned that Trimmien didn't want to get groomed unless it's treated like a human. Right?
    But in the episode there's no mentions of this statement.
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> GO, GO, GO, <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

I want to start with XY as soon as is possible.

I have unpopular opinions: I prefer an older character returning but it isn't from the original trio. I was one of the few who liked both DP and BW. And I think that TR shouldn't leave in the anime.

Blog Entries
    Follow Alexey On Twitter Add Alexey on Facebook

A filler promoting a pokemon and a mechanic I despise and I've still liked the episode. Cuz Wobbuffett. And a great battle. If this is what 'bad' XY episodes will be like, then I sure as hell am looking forward to what's coming!

Jessica's story was a typical CotD story, but on the other hand I loved her being heroic and taking out TR's cage, that was really unusual for a CotD.

I can't get over how good that battle was for a filler.
    Yato and Toa of Gallifrey like this.

The Sworn Brothers Adyniz's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Adyniz On Twitter

This episode got a 6.2% (HH rating, TV Tokyo), beating last week's episode's 5.8, making it the highest rated episode of this series.
    Also, it is 4th in rank on the weekly ratings chart, right below One Piece (8.2%). Usually it is lower than that.
    Glad to see it improving almost every week :)
    8ther, Yato, Hellwarden and 5 others like this.

Blog Entries

I finally watched the episode, myself, last night before going to bed because I wanted to wake up early. I woke up but decided to fall back asleep. lol. Anyways, I avoided watching it because the first person said it was horrible to which, I have to kindly disagree. The episode was very good, not as good as the others, but well put together. I am one of those people who hate the word "filler," because in these forums, for some reason, it is a curse word.

No show can have a filler episode seems to be the attitude. Some of the greatest shows have amazing fillers. Cowboy Bebop, for one, is full of filler episodes, and it's one of the most amazingly written anime. While Dragon Ball Z has almost no fillers, but the show's writing was trash. People liked that trash, but it was trash, nonetheless.

There are, of course, amazing shows without filler like Air, Clannad, and Kanon, but Pokemon somewhat needs filler every once in awhile.

Anyways, onto the episode, I enjoyed the episode and the COD. There were some developments in the cast, showing what Citron thinks of Satoshi's battling ways and how only he can do what he does because of his explicit trust. Jessie and James in their disguise which I found hilarious despite the fact that I am usually annoyed by those things in the English dub.

Bonnie and Serena's sisterly relationship is shown very well in the episode. It made me wonder if the reason that Bonnie didn't ask her to marry her brother was because she just figured that they, as a group, would end up together because when she sees the COD, she says something about wanting to keep her. lol.

The characterization of everyone was on point, and it kept me interested. They also showed, in an interesting way, that Satoshi is an idiot... by getting dizzy from all the information. That made me chuckle.

It was especially nice to see how Satoshi was happy that Serena would meet the stylist that she had just been talking about in the earlier part of the episode. It was, to be noted, the manager acted like a real life manager. He wasn't rude, but he wasn't especially excited to deal with some kids so he told the main COD to keep them busy, showing them things.

The battle was fantastic.

I would give the episode an 7.9/10.
    Can you hear me?

Blog Entries

Not a big fan of this episode, but that is mostly because Trimmien is one of my least favorite introduced in Generation VI.

The CotD plot was quite generic as well.

Oh well, the writers couldn't possibly make only great episodes, right? Hopefully the next one will have the quality of the seven previous episodes.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123