XY008 - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia

Animation Team Kato
    Screenplay Yukiyoshi Ōhashi
    Storyboard Yoshifumi Sueda
    Assistant director Shinji Higuchi
    Animation director Mai Tsutsumi

Blog Entries

Default Re: REVIEW: XY008: "Pokémon Trimmer and Torimian!"

The First XY Episode that STOINKS in other words it Stinks, this was an Episode I Knew was Going to be Bad and I Called it. I was Disappointed and we get our First BAD Filler IMO.

Very Boing I found nothing Good.

Bonnie Proposing again, it's Ok but I Think it is a Cheap Knockoff of Brock Flirting.

Redeeming Things, Officer Jenny having a Manectric Which are Ok Pokemon but Cool that Jenny has one. And THE WOBSTER RULES, Wobbuffet is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HILARIOUS IN THIS EPISODE AND Dresses Up as Napoleon, and Mona Lisa.

I Give this Episode a 5.3 I was Not Satisfied with this Episode just Boring I Thought.

Blog Entries

Eh, it was okay. Nothing special. Next episode should be better with Clemont and Bonnie's dad (how many times have we seen a main character's dad?).

Wobbuffet was actually funny here.
    Last edited by matt0044; 28th November 2013 at 09:35 AM.

Electrifyingly Adorable Sakuraa's Avatar

Well, this episode was okay. I like Furfrou, so seeing it and the different trims was nice. Though I am a bit disappointed that my favorite trim, dandy, wasn't shown. Bonnie's proposal was, once again, hilarious.

Edit

Okay, I went back and re-watched this episode and I'm changing my previous answer. Though while I did find the first half of the episode rather boring, I really liked the second half.

The battle against Team Rocket was great. Ash's tactics for the battle were amazing. The way he stopped Clemont and was confident that he could win even in the state that Pikachu was in. Pikachu literally beat them with his eyes closed.

Also, my man Clemont. He ran in between lines of a Thunderbolt. That was cool. Bunnelby was great too.

I also liked how Bonnie was actually going to try to battle Team Rocket; too bad Dedenne was asleep :(

So, for my new score, I'm giving this episode an 8/10.
    Last edited by Sakuraa; 28th November 2013 at 01:43 PM.
    Lukah likes this.

Blog Entries

Visit Sweenix's Youtube Channel

Don't know where the disappointment is coming from, for a filler, this was pretty damn good.

Also.. Bonnie COME HOME WITH ME YOU LITTLE CUTIE!
    Proud Advance/Amour/Final Fantasy Shipper :)

Serebii | Youtube | Advancers | IGN | Ubiforums

Blog Entries

It appears that we have to see the raw for some time.

About the episode, typical filler episode. I hope that grooming pokemon is not what Serena will do in the anime because I find it boring (but better than Rhyhorn Races).
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> GO, GO, GO, <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

I want to start with XY as soon as is possible.

I have unpopular opinions: I prefer an older character returning but it isn't from the original trio. I was one of the few who liked both DP and BW. And I think that TR shouldn't leave in the anime.

Way above average for a filler IMO. I liked the intro scenes before the song, that's something this series is doing great. Clemont bandaging Bonnie's knees was really great, details like that make the characters seem so much more real.

The city backgrounds are looking beautiful with all those cool European-looking buildings. BW's cities looked pretty gross IMO, this is a huge improvement.

I've always been a fan of Wobba and he was great in this episode, love that cosplay scene.

The combat was WAY better than I ever would have expected from a filler, this was what impressed me the most about the episode. I figured it'd be the usual quick, straightforward filler battle, but we got actual tactics here. My only complaint is when Ash stopped Clemont, one of the few things I don't like about Ash is his tendency to glory hog. I guess he just wanted to show off his bond with Pikachu by having him fight even while blinded, but it wasn't an official match and Pikachu was outnumbered anyway. I'm glad Clemont still did get to send out Bunnelby.

I don't know if it's a deliberate Star Fox reference, but I love how Bunnelby does a barrel roll when he uses Dig.

This episode wasn't as strong as the previous ones, but I wasn't expecting it to be. By filler standards it was quite good.

Blog Entries

Follow Aestivate on Tumblr Visit Aestivate's Youtube Channel

THAT'S IT
    i'm aDOPTING EUREKA AND NO ONE CAN STOP ME

Blog Entries

Follow Bubble Frog on Tumblr

...Why is Bulbapedia listing Maika as having used Psychic in this episode?

Blog Entries

Ash's brain malfunctioned because of too much info.

I lol'd.

play later - sleep now! Playful_Weasel's Avatar
    Add Playful_Weasel on Facebook Add Playful_Weasel on Google+
    Visit Playful_Weasel's Youtube Channel

So far, to me, it's the worst episode in Kalos. The only fun part was the battle, TR seem to battle good. My least favorite part (I even turned away) was the all the trims that Furfrou had. Wobbafett in all those customs was horrible for my taste (I don't like in real life when people dress up their pets [to me they look horrible - it's just my opinion] - so it's pretty much the same in Pokemon anime).

1 out of 10 from me - it will be one of those episodes I don't want to watch again
    Darth Darkrai likes this.
    Watchog's #1 Fan!!
    PokeMustelid & PokeFelines too!
    - 4871-3995-3493
    Steel Safari: Magneton - Skarmory - Excadrill
    I have many teams in Kalos - my original team will always be:
    Original Y Team - IGN Maria: Delphox - Mienshao - Watchog - Lucario - Sylveon - Vaporeon

Quote Originally Posted by Chatsy View Post
    Ash's brain malfunctioned because of too much info.

I lol'd.
    I was wondering what was going on in that scene, hahaha.

Blog Entries

It's fair to say that that episode didn't live up the standards set by the earlier episodes, although it managed to save itself from being completely forgettable by maintaining it's character focus and giving us a good battle. As far as the actual plot with the stylist and Furfrou goes, though, it failed to grab me. Jessica had her epic epiphany and formed a relationship with her Pokemon, but they didn't give us many reasons to care. Granted, the fact that I wasn't at all interested in this feature of the games might be contributing a lot towards my apathy. Also, seeing Wobbufet dress up in various costumes would have been funnier had I not already seen that done in AG many years ago.

Let's move on to something more positive: the battle and character focus. Episodes like this in the past wouldn't have bothered with having any of the characters have any sort of development or introspection, but this one at least gave us a couple of minor moments with Clement being amazed at Ash's battling and Serena continuing to ponder her future. The battle with Team Rocket turned out to be an actual battle instead of the one-sided beat down it usually is, and a good one, too. They seem to be finding some consistency with the quality of the battles this season, adding elements of strategy as well as the usual Shonen stuff about trust, bonds and determination and whatnot. Ash using Wobuffet's Mirror Coat to his advantage was hardly groundbreaking stuff, but is preferable to him defeating Team Rocket with just a couple of moves from whichever Pokemon just happens to have the spotlight at that time. It'd be excellent if every battle with Team Rocket was like this, and if other characters got a chance to battle.

It wasn't a bad episode, in the end, but it wasn't one you'd remember or want to watch again. Next week's looks considerably more interesting and fun.

You Are (Not) Fine Winterdaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Winterdaze on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Bubble Frog View Post
    ...Why is Bulbapedia listing Maika as having used Psychic in this episode?
    Bulbapedia related issues or suggestions belong in the Bulbawiki General Forum, not here.

like a few have said this episode was great way above average filler. but they could have came up with another plot but all in all ill give it a 8/10. i think this gen is going to be kick ass compared to the others if even the filler is good

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast