REVIEW: XY004: "Pikachu and Dedenne! Cheek Rub!!" - Page 2

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree49Likes

Thread: REVIEW: XY004: "Pikachu and Dedenne! Cheek Rub!!"

Default Re: REVIEW: XY004: "Pikachu and Dedenne! Cheek Rub!!"

James: Since they are both Electric-type Pokemon, they use electricity to communicate with one another.
    Jessie: Meowth, translate.
    Meowth: That's impossible! I'm no Electric-type!

So we are ignoring that moment in the second movie when Pikachu and Zaptos were communicating in a similar way and Meowth was able to translate that perfectly? *shugs* Eh, fine by me.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu View Post
    I kind of miss Kojirou's Pokemon cards ;_; Though it's understandable why they swapped those out for the pseudo-Zukan thingee instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi
    though the catchphrase Kojiro uses for Maika just screams "Any English is cool even if it doesn't make perfect sense".
    How does "My Maii'ka" not make perfect sense?
    I meant the "Come on!" part. It just sounds weird where saying "Come out!" or "Let's go!" would make more sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellwarden View Post
    Did anyone else really like how Inkay was just chilling on Wobbuffet's head?
    I'm still waiting for those two to have an endless conversation. Though sadly the dub will be screwed if/when that happens since neither Pokemon retained the name gag.
    Darth Darkrai likes this.

Blog Entries

Follow Aestivate on Tumblr Visit Aestivate's Youtube Channel

I really appreciate the dissonance when Maiika starts spazzing when it's really like "Whatever" xd
    Dogasu likes this.

MEGA F'ING AMPHAROS!!! Ampharos King's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Near the end of the episode, when Bonnie pets Pikachu and Dedenne together, she says "they're like brothers."

Does this mean that this Dedenne is male?

Blog Entries

I am gonna start watching this between giving out candies to the kiddies! :D

I can't decide if the Pokedex is suppose to be a tablet or the 2DS, either way I really don't like the design of it.

Awww, Fennekin looked so happy to be chosen. It kinda reminds me of the reason I can't go to the animal shelter just to window shop, all the puppies and kitties all looking at you wanting to be chosen, I can't chose just one of them. Serena will probably be a good caretaker of Fennekin!

Pikachu seems to be in love with Bonnie, finally someone pays attention to Pikachu all the time.

I kinda wish the Fletching stayed aggressive after being caught. Kinda add a dynamic that was like when Charmeleon was on Ash's team.

YES~!!! Dedenne got his revenge and got some food!!!

This does not seem to be a fun game of Whack-A-Rat.

James' Pokedex is so much cooler! Why couldn't everyone have one like that! Thinking of James being cool, the new Rocket of XY seems a lot cooler than they had in the past. I like the intro a lot more, and I love Wobby.

Seriously, what are they? Batman? It's a good thing I brought my boat! Should have packed a car as well, probably would have been faster! James isn't the only one who pulls thing out of nowhere, this is the second time Clemont has had an invention that is pretty big just kinda sat down fully built.

ROFL! Way to tell the team after the fact, Clemont! That was the variety I talked about wanting last week.

Yup, it's a good thing James can pull things out of thin air, or else they wouldn't have had that hot air balloon. Even though it gets blown up in a Team Rocket fashion I am sure James packed a hundred more wherever he stores them. Do Pokeballs work as suitcases as well now?

Obvious catch was obvious, I don't understand why they still keep the rule of needing to be 10 in order to catch Pokemon. Isn't Serena only suppose to be 8 years old? Bonnie getting shocked will get old quickly, too many running gags.

D'awwww Dedenne is so cute when he is asleep.

Serena needs to meet up with someone fast, her story is gonna get very boring and very stupid very fast. Already it seems they are trying hard just to get a story for what she is doing. Confusing a Vespiqueen for a person, really?

Afterthoughts: Nobody showed up at my house for candy yet! -pout- Oh well, it was a good time filler episode I guess. It didn't really advance the plot other than the new catch that was obvious and Serena choosing her first Pokemon. Serena will hopefully meet up with Ash and the gang in Santalune, if and once the four are travelling together I think it will make for a better story.

Blog Entries

Follow Bubble Frog on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos King View Post
    Near the end of the episode, when Bonnie pets Pikachu and Dedenne together, she says "they're like brothers."

Does this mean that this Dedenne is male?
    "Kyoudai" can mean siblings, it isn't as exclusive and gender-specific as "brothers."

Follow Gabo 2oo On Twitter
    Follow Gabo 2oo on Tumblr Visit Gabo 2oo's Youtube Channel

Since no one has complained before, I'll do it: it's disappointing that Team Rocket is recycling their motto animation again.
    However, the episode was so good in my opinion, that it quickly wiped away all my disappointment.

...Clemont is awesome. I only hope that his awesome running gag doesn't stop being awesome due to repetitiveness, but it's too early to see if that will happen or not.
    Bubble Frog and Risen Chief like this.

Great episode. Bonnie was cute, Clemont was great and Team Rocket managed to be fairly fun to have around. I really like how Pikachu interacted with Bonnie, Clemont and Dedenne in this episode, it was nice to have the bonding happen between the Pokémon and not necessarily Dedenne's prospective trainer. XY has done a great job so far, and I look forward to how our first gym battle and first filler will work out.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabo 2oo View Post
    Since no one has complained before, I'll do it: it's disappointing that Team Rocket is recycling their motto animation again.
    I was pretty surprised by that myself. I thought the overuse of footage post-League in BW was due to the animation getting cheaper and not a stylistic choice. I guess it's kinda nice to know that the animator's priorities are not in motto animations but still, blatant recycling this early on is a bit blah.

Blog Entries

This was a Good Episode I Thought, the Wobster was Used yet again to Block Pikachu's ThunderBolt and Inkay was Cool.

Stil for the 3rd Week in a Row, Serena is the BEST PART, her New Fenniken is VERY PROTECTIVE for her Now, Cool.

I Give this an 8.3 a Very Cute Episode and I Liked Bonnie in this Episode she did GREAT I Thought.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

This was a cute episode. While it did feature a pokemon joining the team, it felt more like filler. Nothing special, though we did get to see James and Maiika battle for the first time. I'm glad they took out the running gag of James pokemon showing excessive affection for him whenever he sends them out.

Speaking of James, I like his 'Pokedex' better than Ash's 'Pokedex'. James has a high-tech holographic iscreen that he can flip pages with a wave of a hand O.O It also shows statistics regarding the pokemon on the screen as well, so it seems to have more information stored than Ash's Pokedex. Giovanni must have invested in science a lot to develop such a device.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SlimeStack View Post
    I was pretty surprised by that myself. I thought the overuse of footage post-League in BW was due to the animation getting cheaper and not a stylistic choice. I guess it's kinda nice to know that the animator's priorities are not in motto animations but still, blatant recycling this early on is a bit blah.
    It doesn't take any money at all to use already made motto backgrounds a few more times for a collection of episodes and again, where do fans get the idea that animation would get cheaper for no reason? I've said it once and I'll say it again, the writing absolutely does not impact the animation cost or its choices. It's almost as absurd as the idea that XY's animation team would "lose half their budget" because the first two XY episodes supposedly got "bad" ratings, which is silly since those ratings are perfectly good by today's standards and don't matter for a franchise like Pokemon anyway.

This animation just keeps getting better

Blog Entries

Kojirou sounded really different to me in this episode voice-acting wise, he seemed overly dramatic at times. Of course it might just be the name of the Pokemon he was commanding, but yeah. Sounded strange at some moments.
    Last edited by Bubble Frog; 31st October 2013 at 10:02 PM.
    Yato likes this.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Gotpika View Post
    Kojirou sounded really different to me in this episode voice-acting wise, he seemed overly dramatic and at times. Of course it might just be the name of the Pokemon he was commanding, but yeah. Sounded strange at some moments.
    Yeah! I thought he sounded different than usual. By chance, they didn't change his voice actor, did they?

Electrifyingly Adorable Sakuraa's Avatar

I liked this episode. Not much happened except for Dedenne's capture, but I was still entertained for the most part.

My gosh I love Clemont and Bonnie. Bonnie is so adorable and I love that she'll be taking care of a Pokémon for the most part despite being too young to own one. It should be interesting to see how this plays through. I definatley hope she'll battle with Dedenne.

And Clemont, my gosh. I just love his invention scenes. He's so hilarious. Having that giant generator come out of nowhere and then talking with that creepy deep voice. Then he just pulls out the broken piece before it explodes. At least this machine actually worked in healing Dedenne.

I'm surprised that Serena didn't join the gang yet, but it seems like she'll be doing so in the next episode. Can't wait to see how that works out. 8/10.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast