REVIEW: XY003 - "Keromatsu VS Yayakoma! Aerial Battle Maneuvers!" - Page 4

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: REVIEW: XY003 - "Keromatsu VS Yayakoma! Aerial Battle Maneuvers!"

Blog Entries

Follow Bubble Frog on Tumblr

Default Re: REVIEW: XY003 - "Keromatsu VS Yayakoma! Aerial Battle Maneuvers!"

Quote Originally Posted by Moe View Post
    Because it's a small way in which Ash's past travels and encounters can be referenced. He's experienced and has seen the vast majority of Pokemon from previous regions, and I think identifying wild Pokemon is an easy way of showing that.

I'd also think knowing what most of the Pokemon are would be a good step in trying to be a master of the things.

He could scan them for the viewer's benefit, but at least have him recognise and comment on them first.
    He has done that before. "AHA! BUOYSEL, HEGAINI!" is what he shouted happily before scanning.
    Last edited by Bubble Frog; 25th October 2013 at 01:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Moe View Post
    He could scan them for the viewer's benefit, but at least have him recognise and comment on them first.
    ...but he almost always did that.
    Bubble Frog and Yato like this.
    So.

Blog Entries

Follow Tsutarja on Tumblr

Man, Froakie is sooo much better than Ash's Oshawott. It cares so much about others, I mean, it wanted to get payback on that Fletchling merely because it made Bonnie cry. It wasn't like Oshawott's selfish desire to look great despite being a big coward, he was given a personal reason. The best of all was that Ash actually understood Froakie, something Froakie's previous owners couldn't. God, this makes Ash look so experienced. Like, look at this, none of the previous trainers could handle Froakie, but Ash can. He has experience and the will to train Froakie, he's like the perfect trainer for him.

The episode itself was quite nice. We're introduced to this adorable Dedenne that will be caught in episode four (continuity/foreshadowing), the scene when Clemont uses his machine to attract the bird Pokémon but instead summons crazy-ass Beedrill is so funny. I normally detest such scenes but I approve of this one because of the way it came to this and because it was funny. Froakie keeps being really cool, Ash continues to use his brain and James catches another Pokémon through food. Yay!

I only wish Fletchling showed more personality. It did show some, but I wish there was more. Oh well.

Oh, and I gotta add this - did anyone notice how much better this show looks without the fucking stock footage? Like, the battles look ten times better than before and I'm actually able to enjoy them more than I ever did before. Froakie doesn't just get a stock Water Pulse footage, but uses the attack from different angles with actual background behind it. It's not like that stock footage of Oshawott using Water Gun which is repeated hundreds of times throughout the series.

I just hope they keep up with this because the battles look so much better.

And yeah, Serena gets to pick her starter - I wonder who will it be. :P
    Johtohfiller, Yato and sunyshore like this.

Because I like Tophats Tophat Dragoneye's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Fletchling's debut reminds me a bit of the same episode of where Ash's Tailow debuted. It also showed a bit of the same attitude as the said Pokémon.

Anyway, I enjoyed the episode for all the reasons everyone already have said.
    Revolutionaryverse

Many thanks to Blue Dragon for the signature

ONE-shot: Forced into Retirement

Blog Entries

Just about to watch the episode, been looking forward to this!

The opening credits are really good this season, I hope some of the scenes actually happen, like Bonnie playing with a Chespin, they looks so cute together! With Clemont getting a Chespin it seems by the credits, I doubt he will be the Gym Leader, though you never know. It seems like maybe his parent or a relative will be the Gym Leader or something the way he looked to the Tower and said "I'll try my best" I just can't see him being the Gym Leader, mainly because I can't see Bonnie keeping the secret.

I am loving how Bonnie refers to herself in the third person, its adorable!

;-; Dedenne just wanted the berry! He worked so hard for it too and that Fletchling just stole it from him! I swear, I have nearly cried so many times the past three episodes, it's ridiculous.

Inkay was the obvious Rocket team member, but I still love that they got Wobba back, he is the best at comic relief. Though, Clemont's inventions could get really really funny as long as they don't get repetitive. If they keep up the gag of the gadgets causing bad things instead of fixing a situation I hope it's in varying ways.

The battle was a lot better than I expected, and has got me excited for future battles that may happen with stronger Pokemon.

Professor Sycamore is seriously hot...by far the best Professor in the series. :3

Next episode we have the return of Dedenne and Serena picks her starter! Should be pretty good episode. I hope Dedenne got a berry! D:
    Yato and Foxeaf like this.

Will Rip Titles 4 Money speedingbulletbill's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow speedingbulletbill On Twitter Add speedingbulletbill on Facebook Add speedingbulletbill on Google+ Add speedingbulletbill on MySpace
    Add speedingbulletbill on Linkedin Follow speedingbulletbill on Tumblr Follow speedingbulletbill on Flickr Visit speedingbulletbill's Youtube Channel

abixjrt.jpg
    LMAO the sandwiches in this episode look JUST LIKE the ones 4Kids used to make!

Quote Originally Posted by fierydestroyerbowser View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ABIxJRt.jpg 
Views:	432 
Size:	91.9 KB 
ID:	91165
    LMAO the sandwiches in this episode look JUST LIKE the ones 4Kids used to make!
    I wonder if 4Kids would still edit this if they were still managing the dub.

Quote Originally Posted by Knightlite View Post
    I doubt he will be the Gym Leader
    He will. The official profile on the anime's cast page refers to him as such.
    So.

remember me jda95's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow jda95 on Tumblr

-The new Pokedex voice is absolutely terrible... It actually hurt my ears, I hope it isn't quite as irritating next time...
    -oh MY GoD CITRON IS SUCH A DORK i'mmmm
    -It really is great to see Satoshi using strategy again! It's like its directed straight at the fans who have been complaining about his BW battles, a huge improvement. :D
    -The stuff with the Rockets and Maaiika was surprisingly funny - Maaiika looks like its got more than enough personality to fit them.
    -The battle between Keromatsu and Yayakoma was surprisingly well choreographed - using a setting like that isn't something we often see in the TV series.

All in all a pretty good episode considering it was just a beginning of the series catch episode. We've got a pretty good feel for the series now and I'm loving what we've got so far. Looking forward to next week.
    HumanDawn and G50 like this.

Blog Entries

I HATE the New Voice of the PokeDex, it's another Girl. BUT OH MY GOD IT SOUNDED AWFUL, IT IS GOING TO BE WEIRD TO HAVE TO LISTEN TO FOR THE NEXT 90-100 Episodes or so.

Ash's Fletchling is REALLY Smart I Think, and Ash's Froakie is just SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOD.

Blog Entries

I really like the main cast so far Bonnie and Clemont are better than I thought they would be. Based on what I have seen from Ash's Froakie so far I can say that his potential Greninja is going to be awesome.

Loved it. Fletchling is already more entertaining than Pidove or Starly. Hopefully it keeps its personality. Got a good base move set too. One long range, one short range, and an evasive move. Great start and something to build on. When that inevitable fire move pops up its going to be awesome (Flame charge hopefully).

Froakie continues to be awesome. Ash continues to use strategy. Bonnie and Clyde are very entertaining. Dedenne was ok and looks like it might take on the cutsie role of the group, which is great.

Really haven't seen enough of Serena yet. Be interesting to see how she interacts with the group. And I'm curious to see how she know's Ash.

Indifferent about TR at this point. Don't really care about them yet. Inkay seemed fun though

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Adamant View Post
    I doubt he will be the Gym Leader
    He will. The official profile on the anime's cast page refers to him as such.
    That kinda seriously annoys me just because of how the character is now, he is using a Bunnelby...
    Yes, Ash has traveled with Gym Leaders before, but it was usually after the battle or close to it. Ash won't be battling Clemont until half the season is over.

I know this is getting in the realm of fantasy wrestling, but I think it would have been interesting if Ash challenged Clemont to a battle right off and lost, then Clemont asks to join him on his journey to watch Ash grow. So during the series Clemont is always the stronger trainer, but Ash continues to get stronger. Then as the two connect as friends they have the epic rematch.

I just have a feeling when they reveal Clemont to be the Gym Leader of Lumiose City it will really be anti-climactic. Part of me still thinks you will see Trevor be the Gym Leader over Clemont for several reasons. The first is Trevor also lives in Lumiose City, Trevor has a Pikachu in the game, and Trevor is about Clemont's age.

Was Iris revealed to be the Gym Leader in BW? I didn't watch a lot of the episodes of that.

Was Iris revealed to be the Gym Leader in BW? I didn't watch a lot of the episodes of that.
    No, Shaga was the leader of that gym.
    So.

Precision F Bomb Eternal Shadows's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Great episode!

So DP Satoshi is back? Yes! I love how he wanted to use strategy.

Serena is so accurate to a stereotypical teenage girl. The hat picking was pretty funny. I have a feeling her 'goal' will be Saihorn racing. I bet it'll be her second or third Pokemon. After the obvious Fokko, and I definitely see her getting Furabebe or Eevui-> Nymphia. To promote Fairy, and both suit her girly nature. Speaking of Fokko, who sharted themselves laughing with its huge eyes XD

Overall, great episode.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast