REVIEW: XY001/002 Premiere two-parter - Page 5

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Like Tree132Likes

Thread: REVIEW: XY001/002 Premiere two-parter

Follow Gabo 2oo On Twitter
    Follow Gabo 2oo on Tumblr Visit Gabo 2oo's Youtube Channel

Default Re: REVIEW: XY001/002 Premiere two-parter

I just watched both episodes, and while I can't actually say a lot of stuff that haven't been said before, it was amazing. You can actually see how deeply Ash cares about Pokémon much more than before, and that's because he helped Froakie, Pikachu and Garchomp when they were in trouble. And they all were in trouble a lot.

About Clemont, I can identify with him a bit, something no character did to me before. It's also funny how he doesn't seem to be a very physically active person. Bonnie, on the other hand, seems to be more lively, and she manages to be really cute rather than annoying. Her laugh... I have to praise her actress for that.

Team Rocket seem to finally find their right balance between competent and funny, Wobbuffet included. The motto was awesome and the BGM for it seems to be made to go along with the animation, unlike before. The only thing I didn't like about them was how fast they were blasted off the second time.

One of the things I'm really looking forward to thanks to this episodes are the extras. I was expecting them to move around in this series, but they didn't. However, they were awesome, specially the ones who were watching Garchomp in the tower. It did feel realist how it was a random person the one who first noticed Ash, how everybody commented on it, and how there was this girl who was recording everything with her smartphone. Those details I love.
    Kalos Adventurer and Reila like this.
    It doesn't matter if you aren't going to reach the goal, as long as you're still happy doing the trajectory.

Blog Entries

The best part of TRio in these two episodes was that not only were they able to cause trouble while they were in action but they only blasted off because of minor miscalculations. I mean if they keep up this blend of competence and comedy then I won't complain about them even though I never really had a problem with to begin with but more so their treatment and overly poor portrayal.

Best Wishes to BW!

Judging by the (awesome) opening it looks like we'll have another group of 4 like with AG, and if that's the case I can't wait since that leads lots of room for some great character interactions.

I love Clemont and Bonnie. They're just so great and cute. I'm wondering if they'll still make Clemont the gym leader in the anime. The feeling I got when Ash asked about the gym was that he was just trying to hide his leader status for now but I could be wrong since they didn't make Iris a gym leader in the anime.

I liked Serena's scenes too and I'm really curious to see what role she'll play in the group. She has a Fennekin in the opening so I'm amusing she'll be a new trainer but we'll just have to wait and see.

I'm also really loving Ash. Seeing him really care for pokemon is when I love him the best. I hope he stays like this during the entire series because I'll just love his character even more. He looks older in this series so I'm wondering if he's possibly older/younger than Clemont or if they're around the same age. Serena looks a little older than 10 to me too but that's not really anything new for me since a lot of anime characters look older or younger than they actually are, and she is supposed to be older in the games.

So far this series is giving me AG vibes, and with that being one of my favorites that's a good thing. This is probably my favorite beginning to a series. Keep it up, XY :DD

~Claimer of Pansage in the Claim a Pokemon thread~
    ~Claimer of Cilan in the Claim a Character thread~

Registered User Trainer Gabriel's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well, I'm a day late, but I watched the two premier episodes myself. And all I have to say is that I'm glad how it started. I don't know if I can add anything to what has already been said, but I will echo how content I am with how the XY series started. Just about everything about these two episodes gave the series a good first impression.

For starters, I like how Ash gives a "fresh start" vibe, while still displaying competence and experience by actually using smart strategy in his first Kalos battle. I'm liking Clemont and Bonnie already, too. Bonnie's character has been set so that she acts her age and yet is still likeable, and a trainer who acts as a "science nerd" has much potential for a fun character. I'll hold my judgment on Serena for now, but she seems to have potential, too. I look forward to seeing how she first met Ash.

About the only thing I didn't really like is that Pikachu's Iron Tail animation is back to being the ordinary white glow effect it was before BW. I did actually like that it looked more like a tail made of iron in BW, but this isn't really a big loss, either.

On the plus side, I do quite like Hyper Beam's new animation. I was surprised when I read (yeah, I managed to find the episodes subbed) that it was Hyper Beam.

All in all, a terrific start to a new series. So, as long the writers can keep this up, XY could potentially be one of my favorite series.

Blog Entries

What I had to say was already said by other people here.

I'm very excited. Satoshi looks like he's better than his BW counterpart again.

Citron seems very likeable so far, and I don't mind Eureka. Though that can change with later episodes, I have to admit I worry about that.

And Serena? I already love her. She seems definitely different from her in-game character. And I think that's what I like the most. Oh, and the fact, so far, her personality seems different from that of Haruka and Hikari. She appears to be more self-centered?

I admit I had hopes for BW when it started too. But the premiere was rather slow (IMO), so my impression wasn't quite the same as this one. It was definitely the best start comparetively.
    I didn't expect a good battle scene in the very first episode. I was so happy to see I was wrong.

Don't get me wrong, I love Rocket Dan and I love how they were in-character (maybe we should stop worrying about that, it's clear they realised it wasn't a good idea to make them drone-like) but these episodes make me worry they will go back to making the trio hijack every single non-League related episode. The one thing I liked about Best Wishes was how they weren't always there necessarily to hijack the story.

Serena's scenes weren't irrelevant. Not every character is supposed to be playing a role in what Satoshi-tachi are doing at the very moment. Those scenes introduced her as a character. In other anime/stories a lot of foreshadowing and character development is made through scenes that are paralel but distant from where and what the protagonist is doing...

Oh and I totally agree with Gabo. It might have been just an excuse to have Serena see Satoshi on-screen, but the whole reporter thing and all the people startled by the rampaging Gaburias was a very nice touch.

Now, I don't expect them to keep this quality through the entire series. But here's hoping they can keep a relatively high level.

...I'm worried about one more thing though... The game didn't introduce a lot of new pokemon, and the content is really short compared to previous games. I'm afraid that will impact the anime greatly. It kinda feels like it will be quite a while until Gamefreaks release the next gen... With Gen 6 coming out so quickly after B2/W2... That means the anime will either:
    A) Have very slow pacing when it comes to badges progression
    B) Pull a "Battle Frontier" on us because of a long interlude for Gen 7
    Last edited by Satoshi Da Ze; 19th October 2013 at 01:01 AM.

Blog Entries

These episodes were really good!

I liked how Satoshi and Citron battled and that they were both able to show off their skills and impress eachother. Eureka was cool and completely unlike what I thought she'd be. Didn't really like Keromatsu but I liked the Gaburias and hope it appears again mega evolved.

Loved the music choices, especially the Gym battle theme which I don't like in the games but the anime version is really good.
    HumanDawn likes this.

The Sworn Brothers Adyniz's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Adyniz On Twitter

Who's That Pokémon? (English dub, XY001)

It had no opening in the dub... I am guessing because of the whole 'sneak peek' thing.

Blog Entries

Visit Sweenix's Youtube Channel

I cant believe they didn't have an opening, especially seeing as all there songs go like

We are friends for ever
    Insert Pokemon
    We can last for ever
    Insert Pokemon

And so on

Guess they couldn't fit it, with that awsum op :P
    Proud Advance/Amour/Final Fantasy Shipper :)

Serebii | Youtube | Advancers | IGN | Ubiforums

Moe
    Blog Entries

No complaints about any of the dub voices, all of them sound unique enough from previous characters and seem just right for the characters.

That line in the intro about people crying when Pokemon cry was a bit off - I assume that's a direct translation, but why?

Blog Entries

What about the Team Rocket's motto? Was it portrayed well?
    Please "like" this page to help Portugal! We want to have Pokémon in HD! Please "like" this.

Also, sign this petition (you can sign by writing your Name and E-mail address on the "bolded" blanks and then clicking in "Assinar Petição")

Jez

I just saw the French version of the two episodes and really, everything was perfect. The music, the voices, the animation... yes, i repeat everything is perfect!
    My NEW Team Rocket website (im a co-webmistress: http://roketto-dan.e-monsite.com/
    I am french, sorry for my poor bad english... I hope that you understand a maximum of what I writes

Blog Entries
    Add Lord_Mewtwo on Facebook
    Visit Lord_Mewtwo's Youtube Channel

So far the dub is actually good, all the original music is there, the voices are good. The Rocket motto is still the original Kanto motto for the one who asked.
    UnovaCastaway likes this.
    Creator of The How Much Japanese Music Is Kept In The Dub Thread Last updated 8-21-11
    The user formerly known as kenai3000
    Back into Pokemon and am now more of a fan than ever

Follow PockyAddict On Twitter Add PockyAddict on Facebook
    Follow PockyAddict on Tumblr Visit PockyAddict's Youtube Channel

preview episodes usally don't have openings sometimes. It will have a opening when it airs around january.

Voice-wise, I really like clemont's the most.

Quote Originally Posted by Moe View Post
    No complaints about any of the dub voices, all of them sound unique enough from previous characters and seem just right for the characters.

That line in the intro about people crying when Pokemon cry was a bit off - I assume that's a direct translation, but why?
    Yeah, it was a direct translation, but I don't really think it's off, it's really just talking about how humans share emotions with Pokemon, so it makes sense. I'm pretty sure the narrator has said that line a couple of times before. In Japanese, at least.
    つまらないものはさっさと消去。

Registered User PropellorYoshi1808's Avatar

I would have reviewed the episode itself, but by the time I saw it everything I had to say was already said :( So I'll just talk about the dub:

I really hope the opening was missing because it's a special preview (did 4Kids do that with the AG preview?), although with their track record lately I doubt TPCi could come up with a very good opening. It seems like there's no dub music-Although it's hard to tell because the music is still so quiet in the background- but it's probably just like what they did with the first five Best Wishes episodes (hopefully not). And even though they didn't keep the really cool eyecatch from the Japanese version, at least they kept the music!

About the voices, the regulars keep getting better and better, but I don't know how I feel about the new ones. Clemont's is pretty good, Bonnie's has the potential to be incredibly annoying or incredibly cute depending on how her voice actress plays it, and Serena's kind of bothered me at first but it grew on me in her short scenes.
    UnovaCastaway likes this.

I dont even know anymore.
    Tumblr

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast