REVIEW: "Reunion Battles In Nimbasa!" Review Thread - Page 5

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: "Reunion Battles In Nimbasa!" Review Thread

Blog Entries

Default Re: "Reunion Battles In Nimbasa!" Review Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Joshawott View Post
    At least with the original Japanese though, what the characters are saying is what normal people would actually say. I think @Dogasu put it perfectly in his comparison for this episode in regards to James:
    Yes but the dialogue still sounds bland when translated from Japanese. Sure they sound like normal people and you do make good point on certain things on the dub like Burgundy's French but I don't feel like the dialogue from the Japanese version is anything spectacular. It's mostly just stock, uncolorful phrases that I've heard before in Anime. Say what you will but this is how I feel.

Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    Yes but the dialogue still sounds bland when translated from Japanese. Sure they sound like normal people and you do make good point on certain things on the dub like Burgundy's French but I don't feel like the dialogue from the Japanese version is anything spectacular. It's mostly just stock, uncolorful phrases that I've heard before in Anime. Say what you will but this is how I feel.
    I can't deny that...but while it's plain and boring, at least it sounds like someone actually said it xD.

Okays, rewatched the episode. Burgundy had a total of 25 lines this episode. 11 of those were just in English, 5 of them mixed English and French and 5 were entirely in French (Excluding names). So out of 25 lines, 14 of them weren't in complete English. If anything though, it was those 5 lines that were only in French that made things difficult.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Joshawott View Post
    I can't deny that...but while it's plain and boring, at least it sounds like someone actually said it xD.
    To each his own then.

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

You were also reading a translation of the Japanese dialogue. It's entirely possible that the "uninspiring dialogue" is the fault of whoever wrote the fansub's script.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 14th, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu View Post
    You were also reading a translation of the Japanese dialogue. It's entirely possible that the "uninspiring dialogue" is the fault of whoever wrote the fansub's script.
    Well, it's my opinion that the Pokemon Anime's script (TCPI's dub or original Japanese version) does NOT seem the least bit interesting or engaging at all. It's like they're not even trying. Say what you will about 4kids but I at least liked their spruced-up dialogue whether they were deviating from the JPN version or not. Hell, I even liked Chronicles even if it was overly edited. But that's MY opinion.

Also, fansubs aren't perfect but the ones I watch at least give a good straight translations most of the time. Unlike dubs that stick to the JPN script but rewrite and rephrase certain lines, they have to stick to the JPN script. Besides, you should watched the fansubs to see if they're "accurate" or not since you seem to be good with the Japanese language.

I am sneaking at you! Spypitoad's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Good episode with Palpitoads first battle. 8/10
    I know all your secrets!

BECAUSE I AM THE SPYPITOAD!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345