REVIEW: "Reunion Battles In Nimbasa!" Review Thread - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: "Reunion Battles In Nimbasa!" Review Thread

EV-Wizard/PeculiarBattler League's Avatar
    Firstly, the Teleportation zone. Thirdly, the "Onoka" Elite Four. Fourthly, the Garden Grotto. Secondly, Oak's laboratory. And lastly, A hoedown-deeny hoedown!
    Blog Entries

Default Re: "Reunion Battles In Nimbasa!" Review Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Hellwarden View Post
    Looks like Ash is getting used to Bianca's ''entry scenes.'' Burgundy continues to be just as humorous in the dub as she was in the original. Loved her comforting line to Stoutland. Ash's Palpitoad continues to be a boss, its Hydro Pump finish was right out a episode of DBZ. Poor Joktik though, little guy only loss because of a bad match-up.

Overall a really solid ep I think.
    Sorry I had to quote you, but my post will go one the next page.

This was a good "intro" for Joltik, as Joltik played the tiniest part in "Oshawott's Lost Scalchop[.]" Joltik was a star, owning the battle up until its defeat, and not losing because of any virtue of the opponent (aside from its ability to fall and its size). Ash's Palpitoad was good, though it seems to be instantly tougher now that Ash owns it. (I was, again, surprised at its Hydro Pump.)

This was my first episode seeing Burgundy, and she's mkay--I had no idea that I'd see the Stephan guy again though. I again loved Bianca in this episode.
    Feel free(r) to discuss Battle Strategy with me--I'll discuss anything really.

Besides being a strange (retired) battler with a storied, legendary, mythical, exaggerated, and relatively unknown career, I am also an amateur English B&W anime reviewer. (pachiba, you like?)

And I take hoedowns seriously.

Blog Entries

Excited to finally see my favourite episodes of bw in english dub. Now I will know what they are saying lol .I know people said they hated this due to the ending of the arc, but it did not bother me at all. Looking forward to seeing all the hilarious and interesting interaction between the characters coming up.

Registered User Trainer Gabriel's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Even though I wasn't thrilled about the conclusion of this tournament, I still loved the first episode of it as much as I did the first time I watched it, and it was nice to see a big reunion with many previous trainers of this series.

Blog Entries

My only problems really were like so:

Burgundy had so much more random french than her first episode and it was just irritating as all get-out. We get it, you like French things, Burgundy. >:C

Joltik's voice. It just sounded like some kid yelling 'Joltik!' It should have sounded a lot littler and cuter, since it IS the smallest Pokemon. :<

Other than that, I liked it. Georgia is awesome, Stephan is badass and awesome, and I still love Bianca. :>

And if this world runs out of lovers
    We'll still have each other
    Nothing's gonna stop us, nothing's gonna stop us now

Click here to join the fabulous Striaton Triplets Club!
    Looking for a legit shiny Cryogonal or Sigilyph!

Orange And Black October Serperiority's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Serperiority On Twitter
    Visit Serperiority's Youtube Channel

Overall, it was a great and entertaining episode.

I loved seeing all the characters again, some still in their humorous ways. Bianca is still entertaining as always. Stephan was great, Burgundy was still French-y, Georgia and Iris are still fierce rivals, no to mention Trip's photo skills. Also, Luke.

I loved seeing new Pokemon debut. I finally get Zebstrika's pronunciation. I always pronounced it as (Zeb-stree-ka) instead of (Zeb-stry-ka).

The battles were short, great, and interesting.

Cilan's map shows that they just passed the desert, yet no episodes show the desert at all. What for?

Serperior99 Fanclub | Bulbagarden's Californian Club | From the Serperior's Lair, My Blog
    I've claimed Serperior, Overgrow, Bicycle, Poke Ball, & Pokemon White Version

Blog Entries

Visit Karisse's Youtube Channel

Palpitoad totally went Full Burst Mode on that Stoutland. Also, Bianca is hilarious as always.

A good start to the tournament, I must say. :3

Bishounen Pride! • Claims: Ayane, Xingcai • Avatar/Signature

Blog Entries

Follow FinalArcadia on Tumblr Visit FinalArcadia's Youtube Channel

Great episode, especially since BW has some entertaining rivals! Georgia might be my favorite rival this series, and I love how she calls out Iris's huge hair. And did my ears fool me, or was that Vic Mignogna as Sylvester?

Dino having a Deerling makes me laugh. What a mismatched trainer and Pokemon those two are. :D

...D-does Antonio still have a sexy voice...?

@ShinjIteru

the same i've always been:
    mafia win/lose tally . vocal covers . ffn.net
    . ao3 . tumblr

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Renaming "Don Battles" to "Club Battles" is unfortunate. The "Don Battles" title, along with all the statues he has of himself littering the stadium, show us that this Don George has a bit of a narcissistic side. Too bad that's kind of dampened in the dub.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on November 17th, 2014

Comfort ghost Bouffalant Herdier's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Bouffalant Herdier On Twitter
    Visit Bouffalant Herdier's Youtube Channel

I haven't been looking forward to this arc, but the first episode was okay. I guess.

Unfortunately, Bianca annoyed me this time. I know Zorua's a very rare Pokemon, but to trade away your starter, a life partner and a gift from the local professor just feels all sorts of wrong. As if Luke would trade Zorua anyway, since it has an important part in his movies. Don't you know there's a recession going on, Bianca?

I'm very happy to see Georgia and Burgundy again. I wonder why they expect me to side with Iris in her arguments with Georgia, though? Is it because Georgia's clearly older and is pathetic to pick on a kid? I've always thought age meant little in the world of Pokemon. No matter, I'm just glad to see someone in the show who refuses to stand back and put up with Iris' crap. Don't like the kid remarks when the boot is on another foot, Iris?

Burgundy continues to entertain with her pure hatred for Cilan. Though I do love him, I would love it if Burgundy eventually defeated Cilan in battle. Her reaction would be priceless, and it would be an unusual way to end the rivalry.

Oh great, not Trip again. He's just so boring. I don't know what to say. Moving on.

I'm glad to see Palpitoad is finally being used, but the battles weren't that interesting. I can't put my finger on it, but aside from Ash's battles against Lenora and Cilan's curbstomp victory over Burgundy, all the battles in BW are lacking a certain something. I was amused with Beartic falling on Joltik, though.

Who is this git?

Noble shine! Likeitornot.'s Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

This is one of my favourite episodes in BW so far, and I'm glad the dub did a good job with it.
    - I preferred Ash's "Achoo!" in the dub, I don't know why, I find the other odd; probably because I'm not used to Japanese people impersonating a sneeze.
    - I'm going to have to use a bloody French dictonary next time for Burgundy, but I loved her. I'm glad they bascially kept Burgundy's fancy way of saying "You smell like a wet puppy" to Stoutland, because I thought that was quite sweet.
    - It was a slight pity that they didn't edit Kenyan's japanese name on the sheet; I really wanted to see his handwriting write "Stephan".
    - I loved the Audience: "I love you, Don George!" was simply hilarious.
    - Burgundy's slight speech when she finds out that she's battling Ash was less venomous; I really wanted her to say "I will make you grovel at my feet and taste dirt!"
    - Cilan's nicer to her in the dub; in the sub he calls her arrogant, and in the dub, he simply states that she's angry. Also, when Thunder Fang doesn't work, he says "What a mismatched taste!" in a slight taunting way, in comparsion to "Using an electric type against Palpitoad was a big mistake!"
    - Palpitoad's purr when he gets hit by Thunder Fang is rather disturbing.

Great episode, though.
    "Calculated tactics, mental strength, accurate judgement, and being blessed with gorgeous looks! The person who has all of these is...!"

someone in the dark garrison-san's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow garrison-san On Twitter
    Follow garrison-san on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Aestivate View Post
    ...D-does Antonio still have a sexy voice...?

@ShinjIteru
    Not really. He sounds like a bad Matthew Broderick impersonation. ;P

You think you're bad, don't ya? Karamazov's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Karamazov on Tumblr

They might as well cancel the series right now. They'll never be able to top the wonder that is Jimmy Ray.
    Team Fairy

Sprites from Serebii.net

My lair, inside a volcano on Cinnabar Island
    Trophies

Quote Originally Posted by FinalArcadia View Post
    And did my ears fool me, or was that Vic Mignogna as Sylvester?
    You heard that, too?! Thank goodness! I thought I was hearing things. I thought I heard his voice, too, but I thought his involvement with Pokemon was a one time thing with Professor Icarus. But if he really does plan on doing more voices, even simple CotD's, that would be awesome!

(Honestly, when I first saw a little bit of Cilan in "Best Wishes", before it was dubbed, a part of me wished that Vic would be his voice actor, but I never even thought he'd ever do a voice on Pokemon. Hearing Professor Icarus restored my hope in his involvement. )

Foliape and Quagtry FTW! ^o^

(Please click the E egg to go to my party and help my eggs and Pokemon on GPX Plus. ^_^)

Blog Entries

Follow FinalArcadia on Tumblr Visit FinalArcadia's Youtube Channel

^^ Haha, yeah, Vic's really killing it on Pokemon! His Prof. Icarus was pure awesome especially. Phew, glad I wasn't going crazy! :)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast