"The Princess and the Togepi" Review Thread - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "The Princess and the Togepi" Review Thread

A black and white world Blackjack Gabbiani's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Fan
    Also, he may have said something different in the Japanese version.
    Not according to the fansub I have.

Break-break-break dance! Big-Eyed Girl's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Princess Sarah is so pretty! She looks like Nausicaa but more flashy.
    Fave Pokémon: , & (I am so predictable...)

I've got a fanart of Jirachi at NY's Pokémon Center! It's on the second floor, behind the counter, fairly high up on the wall . It has him playing among the moon and stars with "JIRACHI" in diagonal red letters. Please look for it! (I sure hope they haven't taken it down...)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenWind
    One: is the Pokemon League aware of the fact that one of their gym leaders is in charge of a crime syndicate?
    Well, if Ash or Gary reported the fact that the gym was controlled by Team Rocket, then he's probably not a gym leader any more. My theory is that he was reported, then when the Pokemon League/ govornment came to investigate/ arrest him, he fled to Johto where he was out of their jurisdiction.
    Quote Originally Posted by FrozenWind
    And two: since when does J&J work for somebody *other* than Giovanni?
    They've done it plenty of times. Basically, they'll work for anyone who gives them food or money.

Thank you Jolty for the banner!
    Pokémon Messageboards I Visit:
    Bulbasaur's Mysterious Garden ~ Serebii's Pokemon Page
    My LiveJournal
    "Stop making us have sex with each other in your fanfictions." ~Ray Toro of My Chemical Romance
    "I am dead serious. I am not that pretty." ~Gerard Way of My Chemical Romance

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Dragonrider
    Well, if Ash or Gary reported the fact that the gym was controlled by Team Rocket, then he's probably not a gym leader any more. My theory is that he was reported, then when the Pokemon League/ govornment came to investigate/ arrest him, he fled to Johto where he was out of their jurisdiction.
    Except we've seen him in his gym office from "Battle for the Badge" several times since then. Heck, we saw him in that office in "Ruin with a View".

If the League didn't depose Sabrina for turning people into dolls, I don't think they'd depose him. At least not before they got around to investigating her, anyway.

Protecting Gotham City Geodude's Avatar Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Follow Geodude On Twitter
    Follow Geodude on Tumblr

He could easily have moved his office somewhere else and made it identical to his old one.

XBL: Shiny Geodude -- PSN: ShinyGeodude
    3DS: 3050 7720 3499 -- 3DS #2: 2036 8216 4990

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I doubt it. We've seen him in a few different offices, so why would he go through the trouble of making a new one to look exactly like his old one?

Protecting Gotham City Geodude's Avatar Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Follow Geodude On Twitter
    Follow Geodude on Tumblr

Well, you're more observant than I am.

XBL: Shiny Geodude -- PSN: ShinyGeodude
    3DS: 3050 7720 3499 -- 3DS #2: 2036 8216 4990

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Wow, that's the first time anyone's ever said *that* to me!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Blackjack Gabbiani
    Except we've seen him in his gym office from "Battle for the Badge" several times since then. Heck, we saw him in that office in "Ruin with a View".
    The gym was destroyed so I doubt Ash felt the need to report anything. It wasn't like they had any eivdence they could link to Giovanni anyway. I too think that Giovanni probably rebuilt the gym quite quickly, and things went back to how they were.

If the League didn't depose Sabrina for turning people into dolls, I don't think they'd depose him. At least not before they got around to investigating her, anyway.
    I doubt they'd have reason to. Aside from Ash's group the only person Sabrina turned into a doll appeared to be her mother, probably during whatever incident caused the family to finally break apart. After that it seems that Sabrina was a coldhearted but efficient gym leader, complete with students, and her father apparently never reported anything to the authorities, likely blaming himself for what happened. For whatever reason Sabrina treated Ash rather differently, as no one else warned Ash or spoke of the threat of being turned into a doll, only that Sabrina was dangerous and that he lacked the power to defeat her.

Instead, Sabrina is observing Ash before he even enters the city, then goes out of ehr way to make sure he is able to challenge her. *ample speculation as to her reasons ensues*

Regardless, since she apparently didn't hurt anyone else, once Ash helped her regain her emotions, there was no reason for her parents to report anything to the authorities.
    AKA Jonathan Schmidt

I am the defender of all things Pokemon! I shall defend Pokemon from all who speak against it!

Once a member of the original Bulbagarden, I'm now 22 years old and still love Pokemon.

Mewtwo: "If someday you hear my voice, know it is my spirit... calling across time and space... to yours." *To Ash at the end of Mewtwo Returns*

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12