REVIEW: "Pokemon Radio Show!" Episode 026 (Dec 23rd, 2012) - Ayana Tsubaki - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: "Pokemon Radio Show!" Episode 026 (Dec 23rd, 2012) - Ayana Tsubaki

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: "Pokemon Radio Show!" Episode 026 (Dec 23rd, 2012) - Ayana Tsubaki

I very much doubt anyone following the Radio show are people who stopped watching the anime years ago. Especially Japanese fans.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty View Post
    I very much doubt anyone following the Radio show are people who stopped watching the anime years ago. Especially Japanese fans.
    You'd be very wrong then.
    martianmister likes this.

Blog Entries

The show is for a slightly older target audience than the anime. But for kids and teenagers that watch the Pokemon anime now.

And I think that this show has been a success for the channel (that TV Tokyo controls, here...). Specially with the effects of the Radio Show combined with the Live Caster, VAs complaining, movie specials, etc.

Team Rocket is going to return bring funny in the N's arc. Althought the grade of funny is unknown yet, we know that TR won't be serious like in BW. Furthermore,l we have a image of Team Rocket blasting off.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by fer92 View Post
    The show is for a slightly older target audience than the anime. But for kids and teenagers that watch the Pokemon anime now.
    It's aimed at people who grew up watching the show, not people who watch now.

Quote Originally Posted by fer92 View Post
    Team Rocket is going to return bring funny in the N's arc. Althought the grade of funny is unknown yet, we know that TR won't be serious like in BW. Furthermore,l we have a image of Team Rocket blasting off.
    None of these things are true.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    She's "good". He really didn't know what to say. XD
    I love how when asked about Musashi Kojiro is speechless, and how when asked about Kojiro Musashi goes into her prattling mode and talks really fast.

Kojiro said that he and Musashi were "a good balance".

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu
    It's like the radio people haven't figured out that we can't actually *see* them.
    I'm not familiar with other Japanese programs, but it's not like they don't do this in radio a lot. As long as they keep describing what they're hearing, I think it's OK. And really, I think it's pretty in character for them to just be doing whatever and we're just listening to it. (I know, not always best radio.) Maybe they're using the three months to get feedback and modify it.
    I, for one, could listen to them eat and draw all day. XD
    Musashi and Jeshi like this.
    I don't even like fruit smoothies. Give me a double-tall half-caf latte with foam any day.

The Fighting Misty, change your freaking username if you're so against Misty.

She's still well-loved and remembered; her VA returning makes total sense. Deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gotpika
    I really really didn't care for the DP-style Rockets, Kojirou was terribly submissive and Musashi was a raging bi-yatch half the time.
    The overwhelming majority of that came from the English dub.
    To put it nicely, nonsense. The characterization Gotpika mentions was VERY visible in the animation of the original Japanese version, not just the dub script. The dub script may have exaggreated things, but quite frankly, such exaggerations were really easy to make.
    Bubble Frog likes this.

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

No, the dub definitely fucked over the Rocket-Dan. It's silly to try arguing otherwise.
    Musashi, martianmister and Jeshi like this.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 14th, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

Blog Entries

Follow Bubble Frog on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu View Post
    No, the dub definitely fucked over the Rocket-Dan. It's silly to try arguing otherwise.
    In layman's terms. He means, ignoring the dub, TR were jackasses regardless.

EDIT:Well, I shouldn't say jackasses, that's too harsh. But, Musashi still was raging and Kojirou still was submissive in the Japanese Version. Of course your mileage will vary on these things, it's subjective.
    Last edited by Bubble Frog; 2nd January 2013 at 04:00 AM.

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

I very strongly disagree. They never came off as jackasses to me.

But this is all pretty off-topic for this radio show. We should make a new thread for this if you want to continue this.
    Musashi likes this.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 14th, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

LinkBacks (?)