REVIEW: "Pokemon Radio Show!" Episode 026 (Dec 23rd, 2012) - Ayana Tsubaki - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: "Pokemon Radio Show!" Episode 026 (Dec 23rd, 2012) - Ayana Tsubaki

Blog Entries

Default Re: "Pokemon Radio Show!" Episode 026 (Dec 23rd, 2012) - Ayana Tsubaki

I was so lucky to have gotten to listen live this week! It was a lot of fun and I'm really looking forward to next summer.
    Tsubaki-san was a great guest and I love the Christmas cake. My mom saw a picture and she said she wanted to taste it. And the chorus version was beautiful! XD I loved when it felt like they were leading the song. <3

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    So go preorder. Now.
    Has anyone ever done a CD preorder like this before? Are we to preorder all of the CDs (1-3 and the "Selection") and then if we meet the criteria, they send us the pilot episode? (Was that just through Animate, though?) I'm unsure, but I'd like to do whatever it takes to get the pilot.

The live is a great announcement! I wish I could attend, but my funds are so far away from doing something like this at the moment... perhaps they'll have another live in 2014. ^_^
    I don't even like fruit smoothies. Give me a double-tall half-caf latte with foam any day.

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu View Post
    It wasn't "strange" or "oddball" at all. Pretty much every other character's VA had appeared in the show by then (Takeshi - Episode 4, Hikari- Episode 12, Iris - Episode 10, Dent - Episode 7), so all that was left was Satoshi's and Kasumi's.

And before you bring up Kenji, Haruka, and Masato...none of their VAs ever made it to the show at all, for whatever reason.
    Of course it was, you know why they had those VA's appear:

- Iris and Cilan, they're of course main characters currently, so having them on the show along with Ash makes sense.

- Hikari's VA appeared around the same time Dawn was making her cameo in DP, so that made sense too. Didn't Piplup's VA appear as well?

- Brock's VA voiced Marlon the Gym leader in BW, so having him appear while he was still "around" made sense.

Kasumi's VA on the other hand, hadn't played any characters in Best Wishes, given that she didn't even voice another character like Takeshi's did with Marlon. So it definitely did seem, "odd" because she's the only one who had no job on the show recently, (or in years for that matter).

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

So what, Satoshi was supposed to host the radio show by himself? Do you realize how boring that would have been?

What other character would it have made sense for Satoshi to have done the radio show with who hadn't already been on?

Kasumi's VA coming in to reprise her role made perfect sense.
    martianmister likes this.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 14th, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

Blog Entries

What other character would it have made sense for Satoshi to have done the radio show with who hadn't already been on?

Kasumi's VA coming in to reprise her role made perfect sense.
    Gary or Paul's, maybe? Trip's, even?

What was the last thing Kasumi's VA even did officially for the anime? Those 2007 trivia segments that aired in Japan all the way back in early DP during the 10th anniversary?

Blog Entries

They brought back Kasumi's VA because the fans had asked them to do just that.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty View Post
    For all we know the Radio show could continue with other characters now, similar to the way Satoshi's VA hijacked the show for that one episode or so where they brought in Kasumi's VA for some strange, oddball reason.
    The show has been replaced in the schedule by other things. It's done until March.

Quote Originally Posted by fruitsmoothierevenge View Post
    Has anyone ever done a CD preorder like this before? Are we to preorder all of the CDs (1-3 and the "Selection") and then if we meet the criteria, they send us the pilot episode? (Was that just through Animate, though?) I'm unsure, but I'd like to do whatever it takes to get the pilot.
    You can only get the pilot from animate, unless that's what the selection CD is. We don't know just what that is yet.

But for now the pilot is apparently animate only, which wont let international people order. Hence why I linked to Amazon.

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    They brought back Kasumi's VA because the fans had asked them to do just that.
    Not a single fan wanted that. Satoshi and Kasumi can fuck off.
    HumanDawn and Bubble Frog like this.

Blog Entries

I meant that they wanted her to be interviewed in some way. I'm sure that not everyone was outraged at the idea of the TRio taking a break for just one week, either.
    Last edited by Silktree; 26th December 2012 at 03:05 AM.

Blog Entries
    Follow Jeshi On Twitter
    Follow Jeshi on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Jeshi
    Also, they should've invited famous Team Rocket fans from the beginning instead of Pokemon caretakers xD Listening to Ayano having feels was waaay more interesting for me :D
    Craziness. The VA interviews were the best part of the show.
    I'd appreciate if you didn't call my own opinion crazy :P

I'm not saying that intereviews sucked, I loved every part of the show. I just loved how Tsubaki-san was asking questions to Rockets for change. What this show lacks is a Q&A corner. It was partially done on Twitter, when Kojiro was doing chats, but Twitter character limits don't allow for a full, legit answer. And Kojiro was replying with "it's a secret!" way too much XD

But I know they were inviting VAs so the show wouldn't be so hermetic as aimed at TR's fans only. I'm a Team Rocket only fan, so I could care less for other VAs xD; But I admit, I love some of them XD

If they're going to change the radio's schedule for the 2nd season, I hope they'd leave intorduction mini-dramas at least though. I loved them way too much. But I definitely want more Jeshi and Jeimusu and scenes from their "real life" next time! XD

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    I meant that they wanted her to be interviewed in some way. I'm sure that not everyone was outraged at the idea of the TRio taking a break for just one week, either.
    Yes, there were people that wanted them to be interviewed.

Many people were outraged that Satoshi took over the show though. Only a few people were ok with it, only under condition it was going to be like this just for one episode and defnitely no one wanted Satoshi to host the show full time.

Since Rockets were reluctant about inviting Satoshi to their show ("He's our foe and besides he's got his own anime"), I guess this was the only way to have Satoshi in the show xD; As OOC and mean as it was.
    Last edited by Jeshi; 26th December 2012 at 03:21 AM.

Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty
    Are you seriously trying to argue that any of those characters teaming up with Satoshi to hijack the Rocket-Dan's radio show would be less "crazy" and "oddball" than his friend and traveling companion of five years? Really!?

What was the last thing Kasumi's VA even did officially for the anime? Those 2007 trivia segments that aired in Japan all the way back in early DP during the 10th anniversary?
    This is the "Pokemon Radio Show," not the "Best Wishes Radio Show." They've never restricted themselves to just the most current TV series.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeshi
    If they're going to change the radio's schedule for the 2nd season, I hope they'd leave intorduction mini-dramas at least though. I loved them way too much. But I definitely want more Jeshi and Jeimusu and scenes from their "real life" next time! XD
    If they do change up the schedule I hope they get rid of those godawful "let's eat into a microphone" or "let's draw pictures because apparently that makes for good radio" segments. It's like the people behind the show don't realize that radio is not a visual medium and that forcing its audience to be glued to the radio show's Twitter for the duration of the episode is insane.

Blog Entries

If they do change up the schedule I hope they get rid of those godawful "let's eat into a microphone" or "let's draw pictures because apparently that makes for good radio" segments. It's like the people behind the show don't realize that radio is not a visual medium and that forcing its audience to be glued to the radio show's Twitter for the duration of the episode is insane.
    I agree the eating doesn't work so well (though that's more to get money from the sponsors so it's a necessary evil) but I love the drawing segments! I don't see the big deal about watching Twitter when that's going on. What else do we have to look at?

∠(>w<) #634 Argy's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Argy On Twitter
    Add Argy on Linkedin

I have a feeling the radio show producers wanted to have both male and female hosts, as opposed to all male characters/seiyuu. Since Rica Matsumoto was in-character as Satoshi, it was a male-female pair when Mayumi Iizuka was on.

Has anyone had a chance to translate or share tidbits from the Q&A on this week's show? I am curious as to what Ayana Tsubaki asked them and also what their answers were. I am also wondering what Kojiro said about Musashi when they were complimenting each other.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Argy View Post
    I am also wondering what Kojiro said about Musashi when they were complimenting each other.
    She's "good". He really didn't know what to say. XD

Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi
    ...but I love the drawing segments! I don't see the big deal about watching Twitter when that's going on. What else do we have to look at?
    As an American living abroad who absolutely has to use a computer to listen to this show? Nothing. But for the Japanese people listening to this on an actual radio - y'know, the people this is show is actually targeted at - plenty.

I mean, can you imagine listening to this on a car drive home? Or having it on in the background while you make dinner?

It's like the radio people haven't figured out that we can't actually *see* them.

Blog Entries

Are you seriously trying to argue that any of those characters teaming up with Satoshi to hijack the Rocket-Dan's radio show would be less "crazy" and "oddball" than his friend and traveling companion of five years? Really!?

This is the "Pokemon Radio Show," not the "Best Wishes Radio Show." They've never restricted themselves to just the most current TV series.
    My point was it felt totally random. It didn't surprise me when Iris/Cilan, Dawn or even Brock's VA's were on it because they all played roles in the anime recently. Kasumi's VA hadn't done anything officially for the anime in YEARS. If they wanted a female they could have used Bel to be honest.

I mean how was she approached? She wasn't working with the studio on recording any voices for the show so they basically plucked her out of obscurity by sending her an e-mail or whatever asking her to be on it. Her last real role was 2007 trivia segments, and before that, her final appearance in AG134 which aired back in the ancient year of 2005.

They won't actually ask her to appear on the anime, but they pluck her from the past for an obscure radio show that few people know about outside of Japan?

∠(>w<) #634 Argy's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Argy On Twitter
    Add Argy on Linkedin

I mean how was she approached? She wasn't working with the studio on recording any voices for the show so they basically plucked her out of obscurity by sending her an e-mail or whatever asking her to be on it. Her last real role was 2007 trivia segments, and before that, her final appearance in AG134 which aired back in the ancient year of 2005.

They won't actually ask her to appear on the anime, but they pluck her from the past for an obscure radio show that few people know about outside of Japan?
    What if she asked to be on the show?

I don't understand why you feel there needs to be a specific reason for her to have been a co-host. It was fanservice, just like much of the rest of the show. If it made a lot of fans happy, then why does there need to be another reason? I'm sure some of the people who listen to the show are older and don't necessarily watch the anime series anymore, but they remember watching it when they were younger and want to hear about some of the talent behind the characters they know.

As a side note, and for what it's worth, I recall reading a report earlier this year that KAORI (Haruka's seiyuu) was ill and had to take a break from work. So, that may be why she has yet to make an appearance.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)