REVIEW: "Pokemon Radio Show!" Episode 010 Review Thread (Sept 2nd, 2012) - Yuki Aoi

Like Tree7Likes
  • 3 Post By Dogasu
  • 4 Post By Musashi

Thread: "Pokemon Radio Show!" Episode 010 Review Thread (Sept 2nd, 2012) - Yuki Aoi

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Default "Pokemon Radio Show!" Episode 010 Review Thread (Sept 2nd, 2012) - Yuki Aoi

The show starts with "Heart to Heart," a talk show designed to teach people how to communicate with one another more effectively. Musalina (Musashi) invites speicalist Nyasu to help teach Mr. Yamada (Kojirou) from Tokiwa City how to ask someone what their hobbies are. "Are you nervous?" Nyasu asks. "A ritoru" (a little), responds Mr. Yamada. Nyasu starts speaking backwards (you can tell they just took audio of him speaking forwards and then reversed it in a machine) and then invites Mr. Yamada to try repeating after him. Mr. Yamada tries his best to imitate the backwards speech he just heard but, as you can imagine, it just sounds like a bunch of gibberish. The two of them repeat this a few times before Mr. Yamada finally thinks to ask how this could possibly be of any use to anyone. The motto music interrupts him and the trio breaks into their motto.

Kojirou and Nyasu introduce themselves, but Musashi refuses to! The other two ask her what's wrong, and she says that she's upset because there aren't any Rocket-Dan merchandise out there. Why does Nobori and Kudari have stuff out there when they've only been around for a year while the three of them have been around for fifteen years and they barely have anything, she wonders. They decide to call the Pokemon Center Tokyo to talk to someone there, but they only get an answering machine telling them that the store's already closed for the day. So, they decide to call Mr. Hinata, the owner of the Pokemon Center in Tokyo. They ask him if they have any Rocket-Dan merchandise there, but he says they don't because they're a shop that only sells pokemon goods. Nyasu reminds the manager that he's a pokemon, reminding Mr. Hinata that yes, they actually do have some Nyasu figures there. Musashi and Kojirou ask about merchandise featuring them, but he apologizes and says they don't have any. He goes on to say that movie goods are the main sellers now - stuff related to Keldeo and Meloetta - and suggests that they call the toy makers directly. He gives them a phone number to call.

The trio calls the new number and tells the person who answers that they want to sell Rocket-Dan merchandise for the sake of Sakaki-sama. The guy on the phone says they had some limited edition figures of Musashi, Kojirou, and Nyasu on sale last month, but since that was only a limited time thing they don't have any more left. But! There will be a new set of figures on sale in 2013 and promises to send them some of these figures later on.

After a commercial, the Sodateya-san corner begins. This week's guest...Yuki Aoi! Ms. Yuki is a huge fan of the Rocket-Dan and says that seeing them face to face like that makes her so nervous that she might throw up! The trio talks to Yuki Aoi about Iris and how she must really have a strong neck to be able to carry Kibago around in her hair like that all the time. When they ask her about her favorite pokemon, she says that she loves Eevee. Her impersonation of Eevee leads me to think that maybe Yuki Aoi is going to play an Eevee that shows up sometime down the road? Anyway, she talks about how she fangirled when she saw a wild Eevee-chan pop up in the grass in Hiun City in BW2. Kojirou randomly brings up the fact that the Rocket trio's hidden in the Kyurem movie and invites everyone to look for them, but Ms. Yuki tells them to also be on the lookout for Eevee.

Yuki Aoi goes on to talk about how she's been acting since she was very little. She was in a car commercial when she was little and has always been described as someone who can get along well with others. She really likes Matsumoto Rika but she absolutely ADORES Miyamo Mamoru. She says that she couldn't really talk to him the first time she met him and that when he talked to *her*, she thought she was going to die (in a good way!). The Rocket-Dan ask her what pokemon she's been raising lately, and she replies by saying that the two strongest pokemon on her team are Dentula and Jalorda. Musashi tells her that when it comes to grass-type starters, Fushidane's the best ;)

After promoting Pocket Monsters Best Wishes!, the Rocket trio ask if she has any songs she'd like to hear. She requests Pokemon Ieru Ka Na? because it's an easy song to remember since all the lyrics are in kataka. An abbreviated version of the song plays.

It's time for the show to end! As the trio is promoting their Twitter account, a package for them arrives in the studio...it's the figures that will be going on sale next year! Pictures of the new figures have been uploaded to Twitter.
    Last edited by Dogasu; 2nd September 2012 at 05:58 AM.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 14th, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

Blog Entries

Default Re: "Pokemon Radio Show!" Episode 010 Review Thread (Sept 2nd, 2012) - Yuki Aoi

OMG that first segment had me cracking up. These people had no clue what was going on. XD I wish the whole show could've just been that. Or even just calling random people. XD

Yuki is already a huge Rocket fan, so they ended up talking about the Rockets a lot. XD

To end the show, the TRio got those new figures early!

https://p.twimg.com/A1x99-eCMAAodyX.jpg
    https://p.twimg.com/A1x-BR3CEAAhGRB.jpg
    https://p.twimg.com/A1x-F-BCcAAXQWQ.jpg

Yeah, I think that's supposed to be each of them holding their own figure. lol at Nyasu.

This is the first time they actually promoted the anime. Yuki promoted the final episode of the junior cup, and Musashi mentioned next week's Smash episode featuring Yamato and Kosaburo. (The Breeding Center Secret)

∠(>w<) #634 Argy's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Argy On Twitter
    Add Argy on Linkedin

Default Re: "Pokemon Radio Show!" Episode 010 Review Thread (Sept 2nd, 2012) - Yuki Aoi

Those figures were ichiban kuji (lottery) prizes at a toy fair last month, and they're currently selling for quite a bit on Yahoo!Japan auctions (especially with the poor exchange rate, they're expensive). I didn't think they would be rereleased next year along with the rest of the Kyun Chara line... But this is great news! :)

Blog Entries

They announced at the fair that they'd be sold next year. I guess people are impatient to get them and willing to pay high prices.

Blog Entries

Follow Bubble Frog on Tumblr

Did they mention specifically which Eeveelution was Aoi Yuki's favorite? XD

So, you can find wild Eevee in BW2 grass. I never knew. Interesting that she's a big fan of TRio and has been acting for a long time despite being so young. I guess it's only natural she would adore Mamo Miya, he's been in so many productions and important projects in many popular anime(Pokemon being one) I'm not surprised. I would have liked for them to bring up Puella Magi Madoka at least once, but I guess they can't make certain name drops without getting sued shitless. Oh, well it was a nice ep.

∠(>w<) #634 Argy's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Argy On Twitter
    Add Argy on Linkedin

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    They announced at the fair that they'd be sold next year. I guess people are impatient to get them and willing to pay high prices.
    There was some confusion on pkmncollectors, even among Japanese-speaking members, as to whether the TR ones would actually be mass-produced or if they were a limited-edition preview of the entire line of Kyun Chara Pokémon toys that's coming out next year. People seemed to lean toward the latter. I'm just worried because ichiban kuji merch typically doesn't ever get rereleased for general public sales. In any case, it looked like Eevee and its Gen I evolutions are going to be the first wave.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gotpika View Post
    Did they mention specifically which Eeveelution was Aoi Yuki's favorite? XD
    Just the regular one.

Quote Originally Posted by Gotpika View Post
    I would have liked for them to bring up Puella Magi Madoka at least once, but I guess they can't make certain name drops without getting sued shitless. Oh, well it was a nice ep.
    They mention other anime all the time. They wouldn't get in trouble for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Argy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    There was some confusion on pkmncollectors, even among Japanese-speaking members, as to whether the TR ones would actually be mass-produced or if they were a limited-edition preview of the entire line of Kyun Chara Pokémon toys that's coming out next year. People seemed to lean toward the latter. I'm just worried because ichiban kuji merch typically doesn't ever get rereleased for general public sales. In any case, it looked like Eevee and its Gen I evolutions are going to be the first wave.

i think it is official now they will be released again, as even team rocket said themselves on the radio show :D