"Pokemon Radio Show!' Episode 007 Review Thread (Aug 12th, 2012) - Mamoru Miyano

Like Tree30Likes
  • 14 Post By Musashi
  • 9 Post By Jeshi
  • 1 Post By fruitsmoothierevenge
  • 6 Post By Colress

Thread: "Pokemon Radio Show!' Episode 007 Review Thread (Aug 12th, 2012) - Mamoru Miyano

Blog Entries

Default "Pokemon Radio Show!' Episode 007 Review Thread (Aug 12th, 2012) - Mamoru Miyano

Today's episode features the VA of Dent and both James and Jessie appear to be on the show...

Blog Entries

Default Re: "Pokemon Radio Show!' Episode 007 Review Thread (Aug 12th, 2012) - Mamoru Miyano

What did Miyano and Co. talk about? I'm pretty curious on his personal thoughts on Dent...

Blog Entries

Default Re: "Pokemon Radio Show!' Episode 007 Review Thread (Aug 12th, 2012) - Mamoru Miyano

So to sum up the beginning of the show... (Thanks to @jessierocketka; hopefully I didn't misremember anything.)

"Jessie" and "James" were in a spaceship and were the only two people left. Jessie was dying and James wanted to save her. Jessie was telling him how happy she is to hold his hand and that it was destiny that they met. She wanted him to go and live, but he didn't want to leave her. She couldn't move for some reason, and it ended with James saying he wanted to protect her. It sounded like aliens came, but I might be wrong on that.

SO.

MANY.

FEEEEEEEELS.
    Last edited by Musashi; 13th August 2012 at 12:40 AM.
    Colress, Hidden Mew, Aeon and 11 others like this.

Jez

I came to visit the forum at least 30 times yesterday for a translation after hearing this intro. FINALLY, thank you JessieRocketka and Musashi.
    My NEW Team Rocket website (im a co-webmistress: http://roketto-dan.e-monsite.com/
    I am french, sorry for my poor bad english... I hope that you understand a maximum of what I writes

∠(>w<) #634 Argy's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Argy On Twitter
    Add Argy on Linkedin

I wonder how many Japanese fans know that "Jessie" and "James" are their English names? What a fun easter egg. :)

Also, I'm pretty sure Inuko Inuyama was the voice of the spaceship.

You think you're bad, don't ya? Karamazov's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Karamazov on Tumblr

Is it me, or are these episodes getting weirder and weirder? I'm liking it.

"Playing around?" Wrong.

Blog Entries

The intro threw my brain into loops! Those English names... But it was great! They said something about a "friendly country" and a door opening at the end... perhaps they were friendly aliens? Oh, those noises probably were aliens!...?
    Yeah, that intro, all of my feels... <3

It sounded like Miyano-san was very confused throughout the most of it, LOL. Very "high tension". They spent a good portion of the beginning trying to get him to commit to them as Musashi, Kojiro, and Nyasu. XD At one point he said the first Pokemon game he played was Green and he picked Squirtle. He did a couple of the Pokemon voices-- Darmanitan was one-- and I believe he said that when he tried out for Dent he did the voice of a Squirtle. He said a couple times that Musashi was scary, LOL. (There was a chunk of conversation that might have gone south, IDK. I can't really pick up the whole thing, but the tone shifted somehow. X3;)
    Last edited by fruitsmoothierevenge; 14th August 2012 at 02:02 AM.
    I don't even like fruit smoothies. Give me a double-tall half-caf latte with foam any day.

Follow PockyAddict On Twitter Add PockyAddict on Facebook
    Follow PockyAddict on Tumblr Visit PockyAddict's Youtube Channel

Dang these radio shows sound so fun from the discriptions I'm hearing, I so wish I can understand Japanese! :) I really wanna hear what Dent's VA was saying.

Blog Entries

Ah, so I just had a thought about the awesome opening radio play.

The year quoted in the beginning was 5260... so do you think the performance was from Kojiro's POV? X3

::still feeling::
    I don't even like fruit smoothies. Give me a double-tall half-caf latte with foam any day.

Blog Entries
    Follow Jeshi On Twitter
    Follow Jeshi on Tumblr

Kojiro: Ship's logbook. 5260. Our ship, QQ02 set off on a journey to repait the timeline. However, because of the unknown error of the ship's system, the ship went off the track.

Musashi: James... James...
    Kojiro: Jessie!
    Musashi: James!
    Kojiro: Ah, are you alright, Jessie? I'll save you now!...
    Musashi: What about other people?
    Kojiro: The only people left here are the two of us. *noise of struggling with something*
    Musashi: It's impossible for you alone to move this rubble.
    Kojiro: Shit!
    Musashi: It's ok, James...
    Kojiro: *panting* I won't give up... I can't give up!
    Computer voice: Oxygen density decline, oxygen density decline. Limit 30, limit 30.
    Kojiro: Hah, what?!
    Musashi: Finally... finally it's only two of us.
    Kojiro: Eh?
    Musashi: We were both busy and even if we wanted to meet with each other, we couldn't.
    Kojiro: Jessie...
    Musashi But now, when you're this close to me, holding my hand... I'm happy. I'm very happy...
    Musashi: Do you remember? When we first met... ? We both tried to save a little kid from falling and we bumped our foreheads. Even if it hurt, we laughed...
    Kojiro: Hahaha, I remember...
    Musashi: And later, we were searching for the same book in the bookshop by coincidence..
    Kojiro: Ah... Hah *sniffs* yes, we were.
    Musashi: From that time on, the coincidences continued to happen somehow. But now that I think of it, it wasn't just a coincidence, it was inevitable. It was destiny that I met you.
    Musashi: So don't cry... We'll be able to meet each other again for sure... somewhere for sure... Somehow I have this feeling... That's why... you... should survive...
    Kojiro: Jessie... I can't leave you!
    Musashi: I... can't move anymore. There's still some oxygen left for you. You will find a reason to live for for sure...
    Kojiro: NO! Please... I can't live!
    Musashi: Ah... Beautiful! Look! This light is wrapping me up...
    *bang*
    Kojiro: What was that? That's... UFO... Shit, they're trying to break the door! *breathes heavily* I... WILL PROTECT JESSIE!
    *more noise*
    *is lost in feels*
    Last edited by Jeshi; 17th August 2012 at 09:36 PM.

Blog Entries

Thanks for that lovely translation! ^_^

There's an artist on Pixiv that does sketches for each episode, and she drew a great manga of this week's story.
    martianmister likes this.

This just might edge out my love for "Noodles! Roamin' Off!"

I'll be honest...I found out that I was such a TRio fan that once those hints towards this being their final season started to build, I just didn't want to handle it anymore. It was just too sad, too overwhelming. But I decided to visit today just out of a morbid curiosity and I am too glad that I did. This will be a sob story, so feel free to ignore me!

I really can't thank any of you enough for these translations and being so proactive about this when it produces a translation such as that. It makes the hole seem less hard to fill, makes the whole picture and their whole mission come into mind rather than just seeing them leaving. This sounds totally dumb, but it feels traumatic for them to leave. But this radio show and, especially for me, this episode and this snippet of the translation, makes it bearable. It makes sense and it makes me feel like, rather than being pushed to the side, the TRio are being given so much respect by the writers and especially by everyone working with the radio show, Masafumi Mima the most of all. It's comforting and it just makes me love them all the more, the organization and Pokemon as a whole. I know that this was a skit...but it just really completed something in me this time. It's more than I ever could have imagined. It feels like a whole representation of what I've felt lately with having to prepare myself for the possibility of letting them go - however close or far that reality may be. It brings it all around full circle...as a shipper and as a general fangirl. As a general representation of everything...this whole skit just sunk me deeper into love with this whole radio project.

And now that I've gushed and went WAY off topic...the voices. Oh. My. God. Love the way that they say "James" and "Jessie." And the emotion...chills and chills and chills. For Dent, it was lovely to hear his VA. After being introduced to these totally different characters through the radio show, I am almost legit angry at not being born in Japan. There's just a passion in the VAs' voices that is so refreshing. And Dent sounds ADORABLE. These shows are certainly getting more and more creative and I could not love them more.
    Last edited by Colress; 18th August 2012 at 02:04 PM.

LinkBacks (?)

1. 24th September 2012, 08:14 AM