REVIEW: "Pokemon Radio Show!' Episode 006 Review Thread (Aug 5th, 2012) - Kobayashi Sachiko

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Dogasu

Thread: "Pokemon Radio Show!' Episode 006 Review Thread (Aug 5th, 2012) - Kobayashi Sachiko

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Default "Pokemon Radio Show!' Episode 006 Review Thread (Aug 5th, 2012) - Kobayashi Sachiko

The trio starts off by playing a game of shiritori. Nyasu keeps losing:

Musashi: Fushigidane (フシギダネ)
    Kojirou: Natio (ネイティオ)
    Nyasu: Octan (オクタン)

Musashi: Itomaru (イトマル)
    Kojirou: Lugia (ルギア)
    Nyasu: Unown (アンノーン)

Musashi: Usokki
    Kojirou: Kimawari
    N: Lizardon

(and so on, and so on...)

The trio then launches into their Advanced Generation version of the motto, randomly.

Today's special guest is...Kobayashi Sachiko! Musashi - who's doing the interview solo - tells us that she started working for the franchise with Fantasy in My Pocket. Ms. Kobayashi said that when she first took on the job, she had no idea what this "Pocke mon" thing was.

Next, they talk about Let's Trade Please, the song she did with Imakuni?

The two talk about Together with the Wind, the ending theme to the first movie, next. Ms. Kobayashi talks about how she does enka and how singing for a song like this was very different from what she's used to doing. She says that your throat muscles are used differently between the two styles of singing and that doing this song was a real learning experience for her. She tells Musashi that she wants to continue to learn and push herself like that until the day she dies.

The next topic is Pokemon Ondo, in which Kobayashi Sachiko was credited as Garura (Kangaskhan) Sachiko. She also played Garura in Episode 034 of the original series. Accordingly, she brings a Garura into the studio and talks about raising one of them.

The first segment ends with Ms. Kobayashi promoting "Pikachu The Live" taking place on August 16th. She lists some of the artists who will be there (Shokotan, Hayashi Asuka, Momoiro Clover) and talks about some of the other events that will be going on that day.

The next segment is a Sound Change Quiz. Nyasu said that they heard people say that the previous song intro quiz was too easy, so they've decided to make it more challenging this time. First, he plays the normal, unaltered version of Polka O Dolka. Next, he plays three songs that have had their audio altered using a device received from Double-Q. The goal of the game is to guess which song is Polka O Dolka. The whole segment is hard to describe in text form, and I doubt the segment will be available in the podcast version that goes up tomorrow, but here goes anyway:

The answer to the first portion, in which all three songs had their audio distorted, was A.
    The answer to the second portion, in which all three songs were sped up, was C.
    The answer to the third portion, in which all three songs were slowed way down, was...B, maybe? I didn't really catch it ^^;;

Nyasu reveals the other two songs; one is a non-Pokemon song sung by Hayashibara Megumi, and the other was Pokettaari Monsutaari.

Interestingly, the Rocket trio refers to the original series as mujirushi (無印), which may be the the first time I've seen that word used to describe the original series on something other than a Japanese fansite.

Nyasu plays one more song and tells us that our homework is to figure out what song he's playing.

Nyasu also invites us to go to Twitter if we have any ideas for a new segment for the show.

The Rocket trio ends the show by reminding everyone that Kyurem vs. The Sacred Swordsman Keldeo is still out in theaters and that the three of them are hidden somewhere in the film. Until next time...VICTORY!!
    Last edited by Dogasu; 5th August 2012 at 05:56 AM.
    martianmister likes this.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 14th, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

Blog Entries

Default Re: "Pokemon Radio Show!' Episode 006 Review Thread (Aug 5th, 2012) - Kobayashi Sachi

I have not heard this term before. The only source I have translates it as "unlabeled or unbranded". Is this supposed to be a connotation for something I have seen some of us say; that the original was just made to be a show and not simply as a promotion? No other search seems to enlighten me as what this could mean, so I'd like a little clarification.
    Step into the Fairy circle

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Default Re: "Pokemon Radio Show!' Episode 006 Review Thread (Aug 5th, 2012) - Kobayashi Sachi

It just means that the original Pocket Monsters series didn't have any subtitle after it like "Advanced Generation" or "Diamond & Pearl" did. It was just "Pocket Monsters."
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 14th, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

Blog Entries

Cool guest choice. I never thought Kobayashi would return to something Pokémon-related after she left Suzukisan.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu View Post
    The trio starts off by playing a game of shiritori. Nyasu keeps losing:
    That made me laugh so much. XD Very Kanto like in the Nyasu abuse.

The trio then launches into their Advanced Generation version of the motto, randomly.
    They did that last week too. I bet they'll get to the DP and BW mottos eventually.

Today's special guest is...Kobayashi Sachiko! Musashi - who's doing the interview solo
    This part confused me. The TRio seemed really scared to do the interview for some reason.

And this segment had really weird music to start it.

The next segment is a Sound Change Quiz. Nyasu said that they heard people say that the previous song intro quiz was too easy, so they've decided to make it more challenging this time.
    I'm soooooo glad they finally changed it up. This was actually tricky and I didn't always guess the right answer.

Nyasu reveals the other two songs; one is a non-Pokemon song sung by Hayashibara Megumi
    I was laughing so hard when I realized it was one of her songs. XD Glad they finally played one.

Nyasu plays one more song and tells us that our homework is to figure out what song he's playing.
    I couldn't have less of a clue what this is.

Blog Entries

Aah, I forgot about the N rule in shiratori. It's now obvious to me why he kept losing. XD;

The answer to the last one was "C". Baaaeeen~. I had figured out it was Pokettari Monsuttari by the first listen, LOL. It's those fiddles! But as for the homework... I'm going to have to listen closer, because I can't quite get it yet.
    The Megumi song that they played was the ending theme to the 2002 anime Asagiri no Miko, "Koibumi". Wow, I hadn't heard it before! But I like it a lot. (Although my favorite Engrish Megumi has got to be out of "Until Strawberry Sherbert" from Sorcerer Hunters.)
    Last edited by fruitsmoothierevenge; 7th August 2012 at 01:31 AM.
    I don't even like fruit smoothies. Give me a double-tall half-caf latte with foam any day.

maybe I missed it... is there a way to listen to these? do you have to live in japan?

Blog Entries

Check my sig. You can listen to the whole thing on Animate or TV Tokyo.