REVIEW: "Pokemon Radio Show!' Episode 005 Review Thread (July 29th, 2012) - Kōichi Yamadera

Thread: "Pokemon Radio Show!' Episode 005 Review Thread (July 29th, 2012) - Kōichi Yamadera

Default "Pokemon Radio Show!' Episode 005 Review Thread (July 29th, 2012) - Kōichi Yamadera

Kōichi Yamadera joins the TRio for the 5th episode of the show.

They should make a pokemon radio app! That way more people could tune in

Default Re: "Pokemon Radio Show!' Episode 005 Review Thread (July 29th, 2012) - Kōichi Yamade

Interfm doesn't want people from outside the area listening live. But at least it gets uploaded the next day.

Oh that's a shame :( it'd be nice to either have a podcast or a way of listening direct from iPhone

Default Re: "Pokemon Radio Show!' Episode 005 Review Thread (July 29th, 2012) - Kōichi Yamade

There is a podcast and a way to listen directly from the iPhone. Just check my sig.

Blog Entries
    Follow Jeshi On Twitter
    Follow Jeshi on Tumblr

I want to point out a few interesting things in yesterday's episode

1. In the introduction Kojiro was redialing the number to Musashi and Nyasu numerous times. They think he's that "redialing guy" and they explain that they didn't do anything wrong and they hang up on him every time, while he persists. It was the reference to Nihon TV's programme in which a reporter called "Redialing Imai-san" was dialing various suspicious companies to reveal their financial skullduggery and track them down. In the end it turns out that Kojiro only wants them to bring ramen to him. Nyasu yells that this is not ramen restaurant and he chose the wrong number.

2. When Yamadera is doing various sounds, Rockets ask him how he does that. He replies that he's simply moving his uvula. He used the word "nodochinko" for uvula, which isn't official term at all as it means "throat (nodo) penis (chinko)" because it resembles a saggy penis. Kojiro pointed that out... xD; Yamadera hushed him, saying "It's NODOchinko, okay?" and they laughed.

This radio show is not for kids. Period.
    My sci-fi comic DREAMVERSE
    Updated weekly!

日本テレビ イマイ記者 1 - YouTube

Here's what that Nihon TV show is like. You can see it's basically a carbon copy. I didn't even realize that it was part of the radio show at first. XD

Blog Entries
    Follow Jeshi On Twitter
    Follow Jeshi on Tumblr

Now that I finally got the reference, this part is so damn funny xD Btw, references get harder and harder to get with every week. They started with Little Red Riding Hood and they came to this xD;
    My sci-fi comic DREAMVERSE
    Updated weekly!

That sounds so freaking awesome! And I'm furious with myself because I haven't listened to the last 2 episodes.

I do wonder how much of the show I'll be able to understand, though. My Japanese vocabulary is quite limited, and it had not occurred to me that I would need words such as penis for anything Pokémon-related. Hmm. Perhaps I should start learning them now xD

Thanks for the references! I realized what was going on, but not what they were referring to. Also, I didn't hear "nodochinko" but I'm glad to add it to the vocab. XD It's interesting: I listened to that part several times because I knew -something- was happening, but I couldn't catch anything. Now I know I just need to put my mind in the gutter. X3
    I don't even like fruit smoothies. Give me a double-tall half-caf latte with foam any day.