REVIEW: "Pokemon Radio Show!' Episode 004 Review Thread (July 22nd, 2012) - Ueda Yuji

Thread: "Pokemon Radio Show!' Episode 004 Review Thread (July 22nd, 2012) - Ueda Yuji

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default "Pokemon Radio Show!' Episode 004 Review Thread (July 22nd, 2012) - Ueda Yuji

Thanks to jessierocketka for writing up a quick summary of today's episode.

The radio starts with Kojiro being a protagonist for something that sounded like a setting for a detective story (Not sure about that, it was all so confusing). Today's special guest is Yuji Ueda, who's Sonansu caretaker. The TRio are very happy to see Sonansu again, especially Musashi. They also mention Takeshi. Kojiro introduces his report about kids' thoughts on the Pokemon movie, but he ended up asking them mainly who they like the most out of Team Rocket. Everyone said Kojiro except for one person who said Nyasu. In the Double Q's corner, they got various things designed for cooling off, like an electric fan, cooling gel and a hairband that cools off your head. They end the show by playing Takeshi's Paradise.

https://twitter.com/Pokemon_Radio/status/226984878707707904/photo/1/large
    https://twitter.com/Pokemon_Radio/status/226985331751280640/photo/1/large
    https://twitter.com/Pokemon_Radio/status/226985801953705984/photo/1/large
    https://twitter.com/Pokemon_Radio/status/226986214861975552/photo/1/large

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: "Pokemon Radio Show!' Episode 004 Review Thread (July 22nd, 2012) - Ueda Yuji

Was there any explanation about how Wobbuffet and the others are living in Team Rocket's HQ?
    Please "like" this page to help Portugal! We want to have Pokémon in HD! Please "like" this.

Also, sign this petition (you can sign by writing your Name and E-mail address on the "bolded" blanks and then clicking in "Assinar Petição")

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: "Pokemon Radio Show!' Episode 004 Review Thread (July 22nd, 2012) - Ueda Yuji

I knew they would mention Brock.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Follow Jeshi On Twitter
    Follow Jeshi on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by PTOldMan View Post
    Was there any explanation about how Wobbuffet and the others are living in Team Rocket's HQ?
    No, there was no explanation, but Musashi seemed to be worried about Sonansu, since he had some rough time with them in TR and she asked him if he likes TR. Sonansu "said" he does and Musashi was very happy about it :) There was also another cute moment in which Ueda said that Sonansu seems to love Musashi and Musashi replied that she loves him back <3

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

So TR's old pokes are being passed around TR as part of their vast pool of pokes. That may mean we'll never really "see" them again, but there was a good chance we weren't anyway.
    Step into the Fairy circle

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Sonansu having a "caretaker" doesn't effect the anime in any way. Satoshi's Pikachu and a bunch of other Pokemon other people own have "caretakers" too. It's just an excuse to get them on the show.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jessierocketka View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PTOldMan View Post
    No, there was no explanation, but Musashi seemed to be worried about Sonansu, since he had some rough time with them in TR and she asked him if he likes TR. Sonansu "said" he does and Musashi was very happy about it :) There was also another cute moment in which Ueda said that Sonansu seems to love Musashi and Musashi replied that she loves him back <3
    Oh, god, that's adorable. I need to listen to it!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I was a bit confused by the opening play, too! I didn't catch the detective thing until I listened again, and I heard something about an alibi. They're mentioning katsudon? I want to think maybe it's something like he's a disgruntled detective, and instead of entering and sitting at a ramen stand, he enters a katsudon stand? And he talks to the waiter about a girl who wore a long skirt that he knew when he was little... And something at the end about the katsudon not bringing him happiness? Perhaps it's a parody of something I'm unaware of.

Did anyone catch why there was no ice cream at the end? In any case, I think I could listen to them play jan-ken-pon all day. XD
    I don't even like fruit smoothies. Give me a double-tall half-caf latte with foam any day.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Follow Jeshi On Twitter
    Follow Jeshi on Tumblr

I translated the introduction's mini-drama.

*sound of the waves and departing car*
    *phone rings in the bg*
    Kojiro: How about we end it soon. There’s no doubt that you did it. You also left the fingerprints. You have no alibi for the incident that happened on that day. Just admit that you did it and it’s the end! *sigh* HEY, ARE YOU LISTENING! *hits the table*
    Musashi: Inspector, inspector… you can’t do that, video camera…
    Kojiro: Oh… Gee, since when? For a video camera to be in the investigation room… it’s hard to investigate like this, but it can’t be helped. Hey, eat this while it’s still hot! Katsudon*! *puts it on the table*
    *sounds of eating*
    Kojiro: Is it good? Ok, listen to me while you eat. I also… have a daughter similar to you. She was causing pretty much trouble when she was little. At times I was being summoned to school. At time I was apologizing for her to my coworkers from the police. Even at such times, your parents will be there for you…
    Musashi: Katsudon…
    ?: Inspector, it looks like she’s asking for the second helping.
    Kojiro: *sighs* You sure are hungry. Then, eat this one too.
    ?: Aa, this one is min…
    Kojiro: You can order more later, Miss…
    ?: Yes…
    Kojiro: Human beings can’t get honest when they’re hungry. After they get full, they will blabber a word or two. *sighs* Speaking of daughters… my daughter was wearing long skirt everywhere when she was little. She was causing problems at school, hanging around with some shady characters, borrowing money, bringing stuff from the supermarket without permission… But still, she isn’t a bad child at all. In this world, there’s no people that are bad to the bone. You realized it now and reconsidered it, I guess? So, how is it?
    Musashi: Katsudon…
    ?: Inspector, there isn’t any more left. Then, inspector’s portion…
    Kojiro: HEY! *sound of his fits hitting the table and glass breaking* I wanted to make you obedient with this! This is the katsudon I’ve been looking forward to! I haven’t eaten since morning because I was investigationg you bastard! You’re greedy for the third portion already! Bastards like you…!
    *sound of struggle*
    ?: Inspector, inspector! Violence… camera will register this! 'Trap setting Koji-san'* will fall into the trap himself! I’ll order katsudon soon!

* katsudon - a bowl of rice topped with a deep-fried pork cutlet, egg, and condiments.
    * "Otoshi-no Koji-san" - it's the reference to Japanese TV drama "Taiyō ni Hoero!", a police procedural that ran from 1972 to 1986. The character that Kojiro played (called sometimes "Otoshi-no Yama-san") was known for acting cool and having a talent to make the suspect confess their crimes in some crafty way, but sometimes he showed his hot temper.
    I put that other under interrogation mark, because I had no clue on who could that be. She sounded a bit Nyasu-ish at times, but I have doubts if that's really Inuko, since I heard how she talks in rl and this didn't sound like her.

Btw, I'll be even slower on writing reviews now since I'm very busy with other stuff :/