REVIEW: "Pokemon Radio Show!' Episode 003 Review Thread (July 15th, 2012) - Nakajima Megumi

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: "Pokemon Radio Show!' Episode 003 Review Thread (July 15th, 2012) - Nakajima Megumi

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Default "Pokemon Radio Show!' Episode 003 Review Thread (July 15th, 2012) - Nakajima Megumi

Nakajima Megumi, Meloetta's VA, joins Musashi, Kojirou, and Nyasu in the studio.

The show starts with Nyasu saying that it's too hot to sleep. And, y'know, Japan's doing the whole "save energy" thing now, so he doesn't want to just crank up the AC. So he decides to try counting Mareep until he drifts off to sleep. This doesn't work, however, so he decides to start counting Meloetta instead. That doesn't work either. An Ishitsubute shows up (I don't remember why), and then Nyasu goes back to counting Mareep.

Opening Theme (Rocket-Dan yo Eien ni)

Nyasu says that today is July 15th and asks the other two if they know what that means. Musashi guesses that it's the anniversary of the opening of Osaka port (大阪港開港記念日) in 1868, but Nyasu says that's not it. Kojirou guesses that it's the birthday of AKB 48's Kashiwagi Yuki, but Nyasu says that's not what he's talking about, either. Then, Musashi guesses that it's "Famicom Day" since the Nintendo Famicom first went on sale on July 15th, 1983. Finally, Nyasu reveals that today is the second day that "Kyurem vs. The Sacred Swordsman Keldeo" and "Meloetta's Dazzling Recital" have been in theaters!

This week's guest is Nakajima Megumi, the singer / voice actor known for doing Meloetta's voice. She's also well known for Macross Frontier. They talk to her about how she's a fan of the WWE (American wrestling) and how it's difficult having a name as common as "Megumi." Nyasu asks Ms. Nakajima about raising Meloetta, so she talks about how pure and nice she is. Next, Musashi asks which pokemon is her favorite. Nakajima answers with Fushigidane, which then prompts a visit to the studio by a real Fushigidane (note: Hayashibara Megumi also did the voice of Satoshi's Fushigidane in the TV series). Finally, Nakajima Megumi promotes this year's movie.

The next segment is another product placement spot. This time, the trio fiddles around with an adult sized version of the kids' toy Yubi de Piano. The "instrument" is capable of making piano sounds, hand bell sounds, and cat sounds.

This week's song is "Try Unite" by Nakajima Megumi. It was used as the opening theme to Lagrange: The Flower of Rin-ne.

At the end of the show, the trio promotes their Twitter feed again and talk about maybe trying to get a bigger role in next year's movie. Guess we'll just have to wait and see!
    Last edited by Dogasu; 16th July 2012 at 04:15 AM.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 22nd, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

Blog Entries

Default re: "Pokemon Radio Show!' Episode 003 Review Thread (July 15th, 2012) - Nakajima Megumi

A bigger role in the movies. You wish, TR.
    Eitarou likes this.
    Step into the Fairy circle

Default re: "Pokemon Radio Show!' Episode 003 Review Thread (July 15th, 2012) - Nakajima Megumi

A bigger role in the next movie? Is that a hint that Genosect is created by Team Rocket and they have a part in it?

If so, they will get a main role in a Movie for the first time (They are not so important in the first Movie, and totally just background in other movies) XD

If counting Mareep kinda won't work, try Ampharos instead :P
    Last edited by Mareepy; 15th July 2012 at 11:01 AM.

It's Nakajima Megumi, not Nakajima Ai.

I'm surprised this radio show even exists. I love it and I'm not even a TRIo fan.

Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

She goes by both names, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu View Post
    She goes by both names, actually.
    Really? That's the first time I've heard that. Her name can be read as Nakajima Ai, but it's supposed to be Nakajima Megumi.

Also, whenever her name is romanized on official products (including her own logo), it shows up as "Megumi Nakajima".

Blog Entries

I feel like I'm going to learn about a lot more people through this show, which is awesome. Hah, even people in the Pokemon world know AKB48...

When Kojiro keeps playing the cat noises, I can't stop laughing. One of my favorite parts was when Musashi says she knows a person named Hayashibara Megumi. Of course, the rogue Fushigidane was great, too.

So QQ must be someone like James Bond's Q, a person who just sends them stuff to try out. I'm all for it! I wish I had a fun suggestion for them...
    I don't even like fruit smoothies. Give me a double-tall half-caf latte with foam any day.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by fruitsmoothierevenge View Post
    I feel like I'm going to learn about a lot more people through this show, which is awesome. Hah, even people in the Pokemon world know AKB48...
    AKB48 was a Twitter plot from a week ago. Kojiro borrowed a book about them and was surprised Sakaki had such a book. Turns out it was Matori's and she wondered where she put it. XD He eventually returned it.

Glad the radio show finally addressed Kojiro's love for the group.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    AKB48 was a Twitter plot from a week ago. Kojiro borrowed a book about them and was surprised Sakaki had such a book. Turns out it was Matori's and she wondered where she put it. XD He eventually returned it.

Glad the radio show finally addressed Kojiro's love for the group.
    Who is Matori? Had they mentioned it before? Also, I'm glad that I understood what they were talking about. I didn't know what other AKB there could be! I wonder if he liked SDN48. X3 Oddly enough, it also pairs with Musashi's weird fashion sense when it comes to dresses.

Is someone already translating the Twitter feed into English and logging it somewhere? (I'd stop asking so many questions, lol.)

Aa! I've realized why the 2nd picture upload is throwing me off. It's because the hand doesn't have a glove, and I've been picturing them broadcasting with gloves on, lol.
    Last edited by fruitsmoothierevenge; 16th July 2012 at 03:09 AM.
    I don't even like fruit smoothies. Give me a double-tall half-caf latte with foam any day.

Blog Entries

Matori is Sakaki's secretary.

The important tweets are mentioned in the Twitter thread here. There's also the Bulbapedia page, but they tweet so often it's hard to keep up.

Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Default Re: "Pokemon Radio Show!' Episode 003 Review Thread (July 15th, 2012) - Nakajima Megu

Quote Originally Posted by Flare Blitz
    Really? That's the first time I've heard that. Her name can be read as Nakajima Ai, but it's supposed to be Nakajima Megumi.

Also, whenever her name is romanized on official products (including her own logo), it shows up as "Megumi Nakajima".
    After looking it up again, I see that it actually is Nakajima Megumi. The "Nakajima Ai" romanization has become common due to "Megumi" being a really, really unusual way to read that kanji.

It's the equivalent of someone naming their kid "Todd" and insisting that it's meant to be pronounced "Chris." The spelling and the pronunciation don't match up at all.

Anyway, I've corrected the error.

Blog Entries

Default Re: "Pokemon Radio Show!' Episode 003 Review Thread (July 15th, 2012) - Nakajima Megu

I'm very surprised that the show is broadcast with a script. Everything sounds so natural; Hayashibara, Miki, Inuyama, and the guest do not sound like they're reading lines off a page at all!

Blog Entries
    Follow Jeshi On Twitter
    Follow Jeshi on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by MizuTaipu View Post
    Everything sounds so natural; Hayashibara, Miki, Inuyama, and the guest do not sound like they're reading lines off a page at all!
    Because they aren't reading. Most of the show is ad-lib. Only the beginning is scripted and for the rest, they only have a general outline.

Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Plus, it's not like the show's live or anything. If any of the actors slip up and say something they're not supposed to, it'll get edited out before the show airs.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu View Post
    Plus, it's not like the show's live or anything. If any of the actors slip up and say something they're not supposed to, it'll get edited out before the show airs.
    I always thought parts of it were live and parts of it were scripted. Like, the beginning skits and commercials were pre-recorded, but the other parts were on-air. Maybe with a slight time delay, but for the most part it sounds to be there. Do they really have to watch Miki that closely? XD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast