REVIEW: "Pokemon Radio Show!' Episode 002 Review Thread (July 8th, 2012) - Ishizuka Unshou

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: "Pokemon Radio Show!' Episode 002 Review Thread (July 8th, 2012) - Ishizuka Unshou

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Default "Pokemon Radio Show!' Episode 002 Review Thread (July 8th, 2012) - Ishizuka Unshou

The second episode of the Rocket-Dan's radio show just wrapped up.

The show starts with the Rocket-Dan acting out their own twisted version of "Little Red Riding Hood." Kojirou was the narrator, Musashi was Red (who was called Jesshii (ジェッシー), or "Jessie" in this :P), and Nyasu was the grandma / wolf. Right before the big reveal that "grandma" is really the wolf, the trio says they can't stand it anymore and break into their Kanto motto.

Opening Theme (Rocket-Dan yo Eien ni)

There's the standard introductions and talk about how the number of followers they've been getting on Twitter is rising. Nyasu then says that the "Pokemon Daycare Worker" will come up after the commercial.

The commercial with Subway Masters Kudari and Nobori from last week repeats.

This week's guest is Ishizuka Unshou. He talks about raising pokemon such as Betobeta, Betobeton, Iwaku, and Matadogas. They then spend a good deal of time talking about the Onisuzume he voiced in the very first episode and cracking up at the ridiculous squaking noise it makes. They then ask him to bring out Houdin and Yungeller, but he refuses. Nyasu asks him to bring out Iwaku, and after hesitating a bit - after all, an Iwaku is kind of too big to fit in the studio - he relents and brings one in.

Next, the Rocket trio talks about the Koiking Salesman. Mr. Ishizuka says that he's friends with the guy and says that he even calls him on the phone from time to time to find out about the next big festival.

Kojirou asks Mr. Ishizuka how long he wants to continue raising pokemon, and he responds by saying that he wants to keep doing it until he dies. Or until he loses his voice...whichever happens first :P

Finally, Ishizuka Unshou does a bit of PR for this year's movie. Kojirou comments on how his promotion sounded more like one of Orchid-Hakase's lectures than a movie promo.

The Kids Station commercial from last week repeats. I hope this show gets some new sponsors soon.

In the next segment, the trio receives a "new weapon" from Sakaki and are asked to send him a report about it. This week's New Item is...some mochi. The trio then spends about five minutes eating the various types of mochi inside and commenting on how delicious it was. It was honestly quite lame.

This week's song is Mite Mite Kotchi-chi, the current ending theme to Pocket Monsters Best Wishes! Season 2.

Next, the trio starts the segment where you have to guess what song they're playing. Nyasu is about to start the segment...but they've run out of time! Whoops. At the very least, they say, they can reveal that the answer to last week's quiz was Hyaku Gojuu-Ichi, the very first ending theme sung by Orchid-Hakase and the Pokemon Kids.

As the show wraps up, the trio tells its listeners to send any questions or comments to their Twitter account at #rocketdan. They end the show by saying "Ii kanji."
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 14th, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

amazing Meron's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Meron On Twitter

Default Re: "Pokemon Radio Show!' Episode 002 Review Thread (July 8th, 2012) - Ishizuka Unsho

I never thought we would hear a dub name in the Japanese version! Wonder if we'll hear a story about "Jeimuzu" one day? :P

Blog Entries

Default Re: "Pokemon Radio Show!' Episode 002 Review Thread (July 8th, 2012) - Ishizuka Unsho

I just about died laughing every time Kojiro said "Jesshii". XD

It was cool hearing the first motto next, but after that things weren't as good as last week. Ishizuka went on waaaaaay too long, and we spent like five minutes listening to them eat. XD

The twitter stuff going on before the show was absolutely hilarious, and definatly the highlight of the night. Musashi was gone so Kojiro spent like 30 minutes looking for her and freaking out on Twitter. Then Persian started trolling a little and Musashi was eventually found. Turns out she just went shopping. XD
    Last edited by Musashi; 8th July 2012 at 06:26 AM.

Blog Entries
    Follow Jeshi On Twitter
    Follow Jeshi on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    I just about died laughing every time Kojiro said "Jesshii". XD

It was cool hearing the first motto next, but after that things weren't as good as last week. Ishizuka went on waaaaaay too long, and we spent like five minutes listening to them eat. XD
    My thoughts are exactly the same. The Little Red Riding Hood part saved this episode a lot XD But still, I loved it... It's Rockets okay.

The twitter stuff going on before the show was absolutely hilarious, and definatly the highlight of the night. Musashi was gone so he spent like 30 minutes looking for her and freaking out on Twitter. Then Persian started trolling a little and Musashi was eventually found. Turns out she just went shopping. XD
    And while he was freaking out looking for her I nearly had an heart attack myself xD; This is not for my health okay XD
    Last edited by Jeshi; 8th July 2012 at 06:30 AM.

Blog Entries

Nyasu also tweeted pictures of the food they ate during the show:

So, Weezing was mentioned by this week's guest but a connection to the one owned by James wasn't made? That's a shame, although maybe it's a little too old?
    I stream Pokémon episodes and movies at least once a week, follow @PKMNProfessor on Twitter to receive updates on when I'm streaming! (I also tweet any interesting Pokemon based news stories, facts and what I'm currently doing in-game.)

Blog Entries

Ishizuka sounded like he was drunk the whole time. XD There really wasn't much Pokemon showing like last week.

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    Ishizuka sounded like he was drunk the whole time. XD There really wasn't much Pokemon showing like last week.
    Ishizuka: Confirmed for worst guest.

(...out of the two so far.)

I have to admit, I smiled quite a bit reading "Jesshii". That's fantastic.
    I stream Pokémon episodes and movies at least once a week, follow @PKMNProfessor on Twitter to receive updates on when I'm streaming! (I also tweet any interesting Pokemon based news stories, facts and what I'm currently doing in-game.)

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso
    So, Weezing was mentioned by this week's guest but a connection to the one owned by James wasn't made? That's a shame, although maybe it's a little too old?
    They mentioned the Onisuzume from Episode 001 and the ending theme Hyaku Gojuu-Ichi. I don't think "being too old" is a problem for this show :P
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 14th, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu View Post
    They mentioned the Onisuzume from Episode 001 and the ending theme Hyaku Gojuu-Ichi. I don't think "being too old" is a problem for this show :P
    For some reason, even though I read that in your summary it didn't quite click. I shouldn't be browsing internet Pokemon forums until I've woken up sufficiently - Time to go block some kid's path until I get my coffee.

On a serious note though, it's a bit of a shame about Weezing. It's always been one of my favorites, in both games and anime so I'm saddened that it was brushed over slightly. Maybe it's because Weezing is so depressing, while Mime. Jr (Mentioned last week.) was always so cheerful and comedic.

Poor, poor Weezing.

Blog Entries

Blog Entries
    Follow Jeshi On Twitter
    Follow Jeshi on Tumblr

Translation of the introduction! XD This is so lulzy I can't XD

Kojiro: Long, long time ago… in a certain place… there was a girl named Jessie. Jessie was very vigorous and kind girl. Her future dream was… a rich man… no…
    Musashi: I want to marry a doctor!
    Kojiro: That was her dream. One day, Jessie went to the next town to visit her sick grandma.
    Musashi: Grandma didn’t look very well when she came to my omiai*! After she eats this omanju* today, she’ll get better!
    Kojiro: Jessie was a very kind girl.
    Musashi: I arrived! Grandma, grandma, it’s Jessie!
    Kojiro: When Jessie vigorously jumped into the room, grandmother was laying in her bed.
    Nyasu: *coughs* You arrived safe, Jessie.
    Musashi: Are you alright?
    Nyasu: *coughs* It looks like I caught a little cold, nya… Nyahaha, nice to see you, I’ll take a good care of you.
    Kojiro: What? The one laying in bed wasn’t Jessie’s grandmother, but a detestable, dreadful, children-eating, gigantic beast!
    Nyasu: But, I’m not that scary, not that huge, not…
    Musashi: Hey, grandma, isn’t it too hard for you to lay down when you have futon all over your head?
    Nyasu: Nyaaa, it’s because I don’t want to infect you, my dear!
    Musashi: You have a fever? Let me feel your hand for a little.
    Nyasu: If it’s just for a little, it’s alright, nya.
    Musashi: Waaah!
    Nyasu: Ugh… what is it?
    Musashi: Your nails lengthened! We have to cut them!
    Nyasu: Nails? Oh, that’s alright, alright! They say it’s a bad sign if you cut them.
    Musashi: Wasn’t it just for the night*? So, take your hands out!
    Nyasu: Nyanyanya!
    Kojiro: Jessie was a very, very kind girl.
    Nyasu: NYAANYAAAAAAA!
    Musashi: Aa, they got pretty! Anyway, I have a present for you, grandma!
    Nyasu: A present?
    Musashi: Yes! This omanju!
    Nyasu: Nyaa, I hate anko* filling.
    Musashi: Don’t say such a thing! Anko has lots of nutritional elements!
    Musashi: So, show your face.
    Nyasu: No, that’s ok, I don’t want to eat it.
    Musashi: Since I’ve bought it already, EAT IT!
    *Musashi forces food into Nyasu’s mouth*
    Nyasu: Nyooooow.
    Kojiro: Jessie was a very, very kind girl.
    Nyasu: I can’t take it anymore!
    Footnotes:
    *Omiai - formal interview for arranged marriage.
    *Omanju - steamed yeast bun with filling.
    *There's an old Japanese belief that says that you can't cut nails at night otherwise you'll die premature death or die without seeing your parents.
    *Anko - jam made from sweet red bean.
    Last edited by Jeshi; 9th July 2012 at 12:33 AM.

H.M
    Follow H.M On Twitter
    Follow H.M on Tumblr

I can not listen to it on the Animate site. Does it make you download an .asx file to listen in a music player?

Oshawott used Baton Pass!
    ~Tumblr~Twitter~

Blog Entries

It should just stream automatically. There's nothing to download. Try opening it in some sort of media player.

Blog Entries

I just listened to it. For me, I click and it downloads an .asx file that plays through Windows Media Player.

Ishizuka-san seemed a bit confused, I think? The eating part may have been slow, but it was totally in character and I thought that was hilarious. Let's use airtime to eat food from the Boss! Haha.

Can anyone tell me what QQ (Double Q) is? Is it a convenience store? Also, what were the うぴー or うP on Twitter? Just a "whoopie", or something else?
    I don't even like fruit smoothies. Give me a double-tall half-caf latte with foam any day.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast