REVIEW: "Pokemon Radio Show!' Episode 001 Review Thread (July 1st, 2012) - Page 5

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Like Tree69Likes

Thread: "Pokemon Radio Show!' Episode 001 Review Thread (July 1st, 2012)

Load of Belloni
    Blog Entries

Default Re: "Pokemon Radio Show!' Episode 001 Review Thread (July 1st, 2012)

Oh man, if that's how they're reacting to Manene, I can't wait until Sonansu is inevitably brought up in a conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Grave-E View Post
    Oh man, if that's how they're reacting to Manene, I can't wait until Sonansu is inevitably brought up in a conversation.
    I'd be more than happy with a mention of any of Team Rocket's old Pokemon. I doubt they'd go as far back as Lickitung but I'd love to hear them discussing Arbok and Weezing. We got the reference to Jessie's Arbok back in D/P so that proves the writers haven't totally forgotten about it.
    I stream Pokémon episodes and movies at least once a week, follow @PKMNProfessor on Twitter to receive updates on when I'm streaming! (I also tweet any interesting Pokemon based news stories, facts and what I'm currently doing in-game.)

Well, I don't think they forget them, it's probably because the target audience probably has no idea Jessie ever had a Lickitung. But if this show is targeted at teenagers, then we might get to hear it. And anyway, the anime writers aren't in charge of this, are they?

Also, that part about Manene was so adorable and just aaaaaaaaaw. This show is awesome, but depressing at the same time. I miss the Rocket Dan with emotions :(

Ah, do the anime writers not have much influence on this then? I wasn't too sure, but if they don't then maybe it's for the best. It sounds pretty good so far without their input and it allows it to be a little more... personal?

Lickitung left the show back in 2000, so most people who were watching then who would remember (As in, not too young.) would probably be in their late teens or twenties by now. I feel old.
    I stream Pokémon episodes and movies at least once a week, follow @PKMNProfessor on Twitter to receive updates on when I'm streaming! (I also tweet any interesting Pokemon based news stories, facts and what I'm currently doing in-game.)

Blog Entries

The anime writers are indeed not involved. This show (and the tweets) is being written by sound director Masafumi Mima who officially proposed this idea after Megumi said she wanted to do it. But obviously the seiyuus have been allowed to ad-lib some.

We know someone has been checking over the scripts he writes and giving him notes to correct, but we have no idea who that is.

So I just listened to this... OMG, so awesome...
    And I mean mostly the first 3 minutes or so, with James being fed up with them being so serious, it was so cute <3 also, it's fitting that James would be the one to go crazy over this and be the one against them being serious - James always was my favorite of them <3
    If only they'd do such a scene in the anime... and maybe then let them go back to their old personalities... T_T it could be so awesome and just for that scene I'd forgive them for making the TRio so boring until now, it'd make it all worth it...
    Also liked what I could understand with Pikachu's VA and the "identify the song" thing XD
    I wish someone would make a full translation of this thing... anyway, I hope next ep will be just as good and I do plan to continue listening to these (well, at least as long as I'll be able to find it)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Piplup View Post
    I wish someone would make a full translation of this thing...
    The ad-libing and talking over each other made a full transcript impossible. But since we started with the intention of doing a full transcript, there's only a few parts that are a summary in the first episode. But future episodes will be more summary than actual dialogue. There's just not enough people with advanced Japanese skills at our disposal to do more than that.

And speaking of the first episode, only the last segment is left to translate. Shouldn't be too much longer of a wait.

Blog Entries

I apologize for double posting, but the transcript is finally done!

User:Rocket Girl/TR Radio show/Transcript - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia

A Bulbapedia page for the individual episode and the show as a whole is still being worked on, but I know how long you guys have been waiting for a translation so I wanted to get that done with first. Enjoy!
    Colress likes this.

I'm a little confused about something - is the Twitter account "Pokemon Radio" which started hyping up this radio show the same as the twitter account they want us to follow in order to "join" Team Rocket? (Refered to as "Team Rocket's Secret Empire".)

Blog Entries

Yes. It's the same Twitter.
    Alfonso likes this.

Oh. Oh wow. <3 THANK YOU, TRANSLATOR(S)! The feels. I can't contain them.

I know this has to do with the Team Rocket organization as a whole, but just from the summary you can really get the feeling that we are seeing TRio in an entirely different light. I was surprised by how many Pokemon they covered. It didn't seem that long when I listened to it, though, in their defense, I was mostly beaming and giggling and it was busy filling my life with a rainbow of Rocket love since. So what was going on kind of flew over my head along with the time.

I think Ohtani for the first guest was a great move. It really allows them to go anywhere from there, you know? The people over this project obviously care a lot about it and that's so refreshing after getting my Rocket dosages cut in BW.

Get everyone together and see the movie please!
    We will! James and I will go see it immediately!
    Will we go together with everyone?
    I don't know *what* it is, but this just makes my Rocketshipping heart soar. No reason to whatsoever, but flyingggggggg.

Will be throughly amused if we get pics of James's bottlecaps every five minutes before Giovanni comes in with a "What is this? I don't even..."
    Musashi and Jeshi like this.

Blog Entries

Hmm.......It's 9 pages long. Must've been a heck-load of work to translate.

Thank you, translators! :D
    Last edited by Dragonfyre; 6th July 2012 at 07:58 PM.

[sources: sig gif|avatar]

That's way too adorable.

Thank you so much translators, this is awesome :)

Jez

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR THE TRANSLATORS!!!! GREAT JOB! It is strange how much I had already understood the major part of the show without speaking Japanese nevertheless! There were so many intonations! Miki and Megumi played their roles with a lot of passion. I like the way James kept his shyness, his shy laughter at the beginning of the show is just adorable. I am impatient to discover his bottlecaps pictures on twitter XD ;P
    My NEW Team Rocket website (im a co-webmistress: http://roketto-dan.e-monsite.com/
    I am french, sorry for my poor bad english... I hope that you understand a maximum of what I writes

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345