REVIEW: "Pokemon Radio Show!' Episode 001 Review Thread (July 1st, 2012) - Page 4

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Like Tree69Likes

Thread: "Pokemon Radio Show!' Episode 001 Review Thread (July 1st, 2012)

Default Re: "Pokemon Radio Show!' Episode 001 Review Thread (July 1st, 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by Nekusagi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu View Post
    I love how, in all the feedback I've read so far, there hasn't been a single person who's said "Gee, I'm really disappointed that the Rocket trio went back to their pre-BW personalities for this project. Wouldn't this show be so much better if they were all "cool" and "serious"?" Instead, everyone is ecstatic that the trio is back to being themselves again and is talking about how much they've missed them.

I hope the writers are paying attention to all the excitement this show is getting and realized that, hey, they really fucked up big time when they decided to throw away everything the fans loved about the trio back in 2010.

You don't speak for all of us.

Not every fan is happy about Pokemon Radio and not every fan dislikes Serious!Trio.
    But so far nobody had posted anything negative about it, and that's what Dogasu commented on.

Blog Entries

I just listened to it, and I can't even explain how happy it is to hear them being goofy again! :D I'm glad this was realized and that they're doing something to bring preBW TR back. I forgot how much I love Kojiro/Miki's laugh. <3

Thanks for that rapid translation, Dogasu! I didn't get the negative gist at first (I really need to get back to studying Japanese) but I could tell the emotions and the translation helped. Ah, I love how they play off each other, and how you can hear the joy in their voices.

Also, WOW, Maemuki Roketto Dan was back in 2001? It doesn't seem that long ago.

Looking forward to next week! ^_^

EDIT: Relistening to the first part... I missed what they were referring to, but I'm uber-curious as to why Ikue says "It's not pink," forcing Kojiro to mention Roppongi. XD Perhaps that was the high tension he was speaking of? LMAO.
    Last edited by fruitsmoothierevenge; 3rd July 2012 at 02:26 AM.
    I don't even like fruit smoothies. Give me a double-tall half-caf latte with foam any day.

Blog Entries

So when Ikue was showing off Pikachu, Kojiro thought she should put it in Musashi's lap. But Musashi was too scared. XD

TOO
    DAMN
    CUTE

Also, Musashi said she and Kojiro would go see the new movie. Now I kinda wish the TRio were in it more than they are so they could cheer for themselves. XD

Quote Originally Posted by fruitsmoothierevenge View Post
    EDIT: Relistening to the first part... I missed what they were referring to, but I'm uber-curious as to why Ikue says "It's not pink," forcing Kojiro to mention Roppongi. XD Perhaps that was the high tension he was speaking of? LMAO.
    He goes shopping there. Maybe hanging out in all those night clubs was where the inspiration for Lucky Lucky came from? XD

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roppongi

For those who have never heard of it.
    martianmister likes this.

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Nekusagi View Post
    You don't speak for all of us.
    It's a good thing I never claimed that I did :)

Like I was saying earlier in the thread, the majority of the response to this radio show, and particularly to the pre-BW Rocket trio, has been overwhelmingly positive. Check around if you don't believe me.

If people hate this show or hate how the trio's back to being un-serious again, then they're not speaking up.
    martianmister likes this.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 14th, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

Blog Entries

Where can one find the translated transcripts when they are completed?

Blog Entries

They'll be posted on Bulbapedia. But I'll also be sure to link here as well.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    He goes shopping there. Maybe hanging out in all those night clubs was where the inspiration for Lucky Lucky came from? XD
    I would not doubt that, haha. Kojiroppongi~
    I don't even like fruit smoothies. Give me a double-tall half-caf latte with foam any day.

Blog Entries

So progress is being made on the transcript...

Nyasu: I heard that orange color is good for your liver.
    Musashi: So it means that Kojiro should wear orange all the time
    Kojiro: ME!?

Then he said he'd go buy orange clothes in Roppongi.

I... I just can't handle this radio show anymore. XD It's especially funny when you keep in mind that Shinichiro Miki goes out and drinks a lot. XD

Jez

I have only just realized that the music of violin is "AVE MARIA" LOL :-P

Kojiro likes the good drinks (the wine, the saké) we had already had the opportunity to see it in the anime *laughs* XD XD I am more and more impatient to know the complete translation of the show *_____*

What I always adored when he becomes hysterical XD I adore the opening of this show
    Last edited by Jez; 4th July 2012 at 04:47 AM.
    My NEW Team Rocket website (im a co-webmistress: http://roketto-dan.e-monsite.com/
    I am french, sorry for my poor bad english... I hope that you understand a maximum of what I writes

∠(>w<) #634 Argy's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Argy On Twitter
    Add Argy on Linkedin

Wow... this radio show is really going to add to their character development, even if it's just trivia that can't be put in the anime series. Kojiro's a fairly heavy drinker? Check. LOL

Blog Entries
    Follow *Jirachi* On Twitter
    Follow *Jirachi* on Tumblr Visit *Jirachi*'s Youtube Channel

I listened to this radio show and really liked it <3 I like the Serious Rockets too, but this is a nice and nostalgic change, seeing them let it at loose, laughing and joking around!
    This is also a good Japanese practice for me! I understood a bunch of it, was quite surprised how much I understood some segments!

The emotions of Kojiro were so over the top in the beginning, I thought a second "Eeeh, is he going to slap Musashi?!" XD Luckily not.

And Ikue Ootani was sooo cute <3 Can't believe that woman is 46! I loved how she mimicked all the Pokémon she had played in the series. The rap was so adorable!

Yay, I guessed all the songs right from the 1st listening! : D I would be disappointed otherwise, I listen to Pokémusic so much, haha~

This is definitely a show of good feeling and laughter. I can't believe how someone could not like this. We are getting best of both. Serious Rockets in the anime, and "Ii kanji" Rockets in the radio show. I love this! ☆

Blog Entries
    Follow Jeshi On Twitter
    Follow Jeshi on Tumblr

Things got really cute just now ;__;

After Ootani started impersonating Manene.
    James: So cute, so cute! I want to see it!
    Jessie: But you’re seeing it now.
    *everyone laughs*
    Jessie: I wish Mime Jr. would be always together with us.
    And then, after Manene left.
    James: Ah, I feel better already today…
    Jessie: Your yearning softened a lot, didn’t it?
    James: Yes, it softened a lot.
    D'awww ;__;

Blog Entries

OMG. ;_;

This show has FAR exceeded my expectations already.

~Love Is Hard To Define~ Midnight Blue's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Can't wait for the translations. I want to thank the translators in advance. I am just curious, what is the rating for this radio show?

Blog Entries
    Follow Jeshi On Twitter
    Follow Jeshi on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    Can't wait for the translations. I want to thank the translators in advance.
    Sadly, it won't be a complete translation, but a detailed summary with some quotes instead.

I am just curious, what is the rating for this radio show?
    I'm not sure what to sat about the rating, but the target audience seems to be teenagers and adults. Besides, you can't become TR member unless you're at least 13 (because of the twitter restrictions). So, PG-13 maybe?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast