REVIEW: "Pokemon Radio Show!' Episode 001 Review Thread (July 1st, 2012) - Page 3

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree69Likes

Thread: "Pokemon Radio Show!' Episode 001 Review Thread (July 1st, 2012)

Blog Entries

Default Re: "Pokemon Radio Show!' Episode 001 Review Thread (July 1st, 2012)

Because he hardly gets any lines and has been barely relevant in BW. I'm glad that was finally addressed.

Pokémon Radio Show! ロケット団ひみつ帝国 - ウェブラジオ - アニメイトTV

It's finally up! Enjoy everyone! They didn't include the commercials, so no subway twins for all.

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Because he hardly gets any lines and has been barely relevant in BW. I'm glad that was finally addressed.
    He's been more relevant than Jessie and James in BW, getting his own extended arc though.

Blog Entries

But outside of that he's barely existed. That's why Kojiro brought it up.

My Japanese sucks, so I only understood about half of it. It was still awesome. Shin'ichirō Miki was amazing. James' voice actor wouldn't have pulled that off nearly as well.

Well, at least there's something to look forward to on Sundays.

Blog Entries

ピカチュウ・ザ・ムービースペシャル

Looks like Kids Station will have the episodes too.

テレビ東京・あにてれ Pokemon Radio Show!ロケット団ひみつ帝国

The podcast seems to be just the first segment.

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

I love how, in all the feedback I've read so far, there hasn't been a single person who's said "Gee, I'm really disappointed that the Rocket trio went back to their pre-BW personalities for this project. Wouldn't this show be so much better if they were all "cool" and "serious"?" Instead, everyone is ecstatic that the trio is back to being themselves again and is talking about how much they've missed them.

I hope the writers are paying attention to all the excitement this show is getting and realized that, hey, they really fucked up big time when they decided to throw away everything the fans loved about the trio back in 2010.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 22nd, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu View Post
    I love how, in all the feedback I've read so far, there hasn't been a single person who's said "Gee, I'm really disappointed that the Rocket trio went back to their pre-BW personalities for this project. Wouldn't this show be so much better if they were all "cool" and "serious"?" Instead, everyone is ecstatic that the trio is back to being themselves again and is talking about how much they've missed them.

I hope the writers are paying attention to all the excitement this show is getting and realized that, hey, they really fucked up big time when they decided to throw away everything the fans loved about the trio back in 2010.
    Which is strange, I recall pre-B/W that there were a fair number of people who were sick of seeing Jessie, James and Meowth always losing. Now they are actually competent, the exact opposite seems true and people want the old Trio back. Can't really blame them, they are pretty much totally different characters now.

You can't have your cake and eat it, I guess.
    I stream Pokémon episodes and movies at least once a week, follow @PKMNProfessor on Twitter to receive updates on when I'm streaming! (I also tweet any interesting Pokemon based news stories, facts and what I'm currently doing in-game.)

Blog Entries

Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

Gee, I'm really disappointed that the Rocket trio went back to their pre-BW personalities for this project. Wouldn't this show be so much better if they were all "cool" and "serious"? :P

Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso View Post
    Now they are actually competent
    Except they totally aren't. They're just as shitty at their jobs as they've always been.

But if you want to talk about this more, we can take the conversation over to this thread in the Pokemon League section.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso View Post
    Now they are actually competent
    Except they totally aren't. They're just as shitty at their jobs as they've always been.

But if you want to talk about this more, we can take the conversation over to this thread in the Pokemon League section.
    Apologies, perhaps I was praising them a little too much. They are slightly more competent than they were before, but that's compared to their run prior to Best Wishes which for the most part was on the level of "bumbling fools". Or perhaps just very unluckly. However, as you said, there is a thread that is currently being used to discuss this issue. I will admit though, I'm not as familiar with a large amount of the current episodes as I would have liked, (Although I plan to remedy this fairly soon.) so my opinion on the matter isn't as well informed as it used to be. (Also, hello! It's been a while. Glad to see you're still about!)

I wonder how much Giovanni will play into this radio show. I bloody miss the Boss Fantasy segments and while I wish they'd make a proper return, I fear they are better when supplemented by visuals.
    I stream Pokémon episodes and movies at least once a week, follow @PKMNProfessor on Twitter to receive updates on when I'm streaming! (I also tweet any interesting Pokemon based news stories, facts and what I'm currently doing in-game.)

Blog Entries

ピカチュウ・ザ・ムービースペシャル

They caught on to international users listening and now this link doesn't work for non Japanese. -_-

Thankfully, the Animate.tv link still works.

Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

How dare foreigners have an interest in this! :/

Blog Entries

Ironically, the official Rocket twitter was saying how happy they are that Americans and other foreigners could listen.
    Dogasu likes this.

Blog Entries

You don't speak for all of us.

Not every fan is happy about Pokemon Radio and not every fan dislikes Serious!Trio.
    Last edited by Nekusagi; 2nd July 2012 at 05:55 PM.
    LJ~dA~R100~YT~Twitter~Facebook~Last.fm~Tumblr~Glacidia Network

A bitch lives as free as a bird that can never be caught. I'm a bitch. I'll crush anyone that stands in my way! And I do what the hell I want!

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Not every fan is happy about Pokemon Radio
    I can imagine people not being interested in it (since I imagine it'll be full of in-jokes and not understanding the language will probably reduce the fun of hearing the characters speak), but I don't see why anyone would be unhappy with this.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast