REVIEW: "Pokemon Radio Show!' Episode 001 Review Thread (July 1st, 2012) - Page 2

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree69Likes

Thread: "Pokemon Radio Show!' Episode 001 Review Thread (July 1st, 2012)

Load of Belloni
    Blog Entries

Default Re: "Pokemon Radio Show!' Episode 001 Review Thread (July 1st, 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu View Post
    My translation of the opening of the show:
    Kojirou: "No! We've let this debauchery go on long enough. Musashi!"
    Musashi: "Eh!?"
    Kojirou: "Do you think is really OK for us?"
    Musashi: "Um, uh..."
    Kojirou: "Are you...really having fun?"
    Musashi: "Eh..."
    Kojirou: "Up until now, (violin music starts playing) you've always openly said and done what you like! You didn't care what others thought of you at all! But now, whenever we talk to each other, it's just to confirm our plans!"
    Musashi: "That's...that's..."
    Kojirou: "Is this really OK? Is doing things the way we've been doing them up until now really OK?"
    Musashi: "Stop it Kojirou!"
    Good lord, that's some powerful dialogue there. Kojiro sounds like he's pretty much snapped.

Absolutely brilliant stuff, and it's great to hear that the voice actors seem to be having a lot of fun with this. After the past year and a half, I imagine it must be very liberating.

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Even the voice actors realize BW Team Rocket sucks.

And no, it "being an act" does not justify it either.

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This is quite funny. I wish we could see this dialogue in the anime.

Sadly this whole thing will probably stay in the radio thing and not move into the anime, except MAYBE at the very end of BW if they'll make a conclusion to TRio

Blog Entries

You guys do realize that whole thing was just a script, right? And it was done really over the top.

Kojirou: "Nyasu, are you satisfied? For a pokemon who can speak human language, you have fewer lines than any other pokemon...no...than any of the three of us!"
    And how exactly did the radio show change this? XD

Jez

Just...... YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! for the script of the radio!!!! I have to pinch myself to believe in it!!!! T____________T I cry in front of the screen. I AM SOOOOO HAPPY!!!!!! :D :D :D
    My NEW Team Rocket website (im a co-webmistress: http://roketto-dan.e-monsite.com/
    I am french, sorry for my poor bad english... I hope that you understand a maximum of what I writes

Quote Originally Posted by Meron View Post
    Kojirou: "Are you...really having fun?"
    Musashi: "Eh..."
    Kojirou: "Up until now, (violin music starts playing) you've always openly said and done what you like! You didn't care what others thought of you at all! But now, whenever we talk to each other, it's just to confirm our plans!"
    Musashi: "That's...that's..."
    ... D'awwww! Why does this make me feel so mushy all of a sudden? *hugs a pillow and falls on the floor giggling*

Nyasu is officially confirmed for third wheel.
    This so much. I had to comment. Just had to. TOO excited to listen to this tomorrow. I won't understand a thing, but it's obvious that emotion was put in behind it and they had so much fun. I'd be willing to learn the language just to hear them talk like this!

And, although the above quote of Dogasu's translation wasn't shipping directly, my god did it feel good to have them interacting like this again. I can't imagine what next week will bring with them! Sunday is my new favorite day of the week.

Aw, why can't they say this in the anime? I miss them... I'm too used to silly Team Rocket, I can't just forget 13 years of stupid comic relief villains.

Have they uploaded it to animate.tv? I checked (or tried to), but I only understood like 5 words XD

Yeah, this is definitely a case of Team Rocket's VA's being tired of the serious trio. It seems the reboot of the three is unpopular with pretty much everyone.

Professor Lavender toodlesdoodles's Avatar
    Add toodlesdoodles on Facebook

Do you think they'll do this again only in English? I've been trying to learn Japanese but I don't know enough yet to understand it -blush-
    "It's not enough to just train a Pokemon, but the true master comes from the heart and your relationship with your Pokemon."

Quote Originally Posted by toodlesdoodles View Post
    Do you think they'll do this again only in English? I've been trying to learn Japanese but I don't know enough yet to understand it -blush-
    Probably not, this is the sort of thing that never makes it over to English (Or indeed, non-Japanese.) speaking audiences.

I am very happy on what I've read so far. I always took Jessie, James and Meowth's sudden character change as their way of attempting to shape up after failing so much for so long. Even though they are actually succeeding for a change, they've lost what made them individuals.

I'll be interesting in seeing where thisg goes. I hope for some appearences from Butch and Cassidy. Through in some other lesser known grunts (Mondo, Domino, Atilla, Hun, etc.) and I'll be a happy man indeed.
    I stream Pokémon episodes and movies at least once a week, follow @PKMNProfessor on Twitter to receive updates on when I'm streaming! (I also tweet any interesting Pokemon based news stories, facts and what I'm currently doing in-game.)

Professor Lavender toodlesdoodles's Avatar
    Add toodlesdoodles on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by toodlesdoodles View Post
    Probably not, this is the sort of thing that never makes it over to English (Or indeed, non-Japanese.) speaking audiences.

I am very happy on what I've read so far. I always took Jessie, James and Meowth's sudden character change as their way of attempting to shape up after failing so much for so long. Even though they are actually succeeding for a change, they've lost what made them individuals.

I'll be interesting in seeing where thisg goes. I hope for some appearences from Butch and Cassidy. Through in some other lesser known grunts (Mondo, Domino, Atilla, Hun, etc.) and I'll be a happy man indeed.
    Aw man D: Someone will have to translate the whole thing for me then ^_^;
    "It's not enough to just train a Pokemon, but the true master comes from the heart and your relationship with your Pokemon."

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    And how exactly did the radio show change this? XD
    He kind of ran the entire thing, while the other two barely knew what they were supposed to do, stumbling over lines and even accidentally saying stuff they definitely weren't supposed to.

(also, you all suck for not mentioning that hilarious improvised rap they were doing with Ohtani.)
    So.

Blog Entries

He was still the obvious third wheel. The show did nothing to change that.

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Since when was Meowth the third-wheel?

He's usually the one to come up with the plan, pilot the central part of the mech, and he's usually the one in-charge outside of specific James or Jessie episodes. He's done more stuff in Best Wishes too. I've always counted him as the main brain of the group.

Have no clue where that 3rd wheel impression comes from, nor why they would bring it up.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast