REVIEW: "Pokemon Radio Show!' Episode 001 Review Thread (July 1st, 2012)

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree69Likes

Thread: "Pokemon Radio Show!' Episode 001 Review Thread (July 1st, 2012)

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Default "Pokemon Radio Show!' Episode 001 Review Thread (July 1st, 2012)

Episode Link: http://www.animate.tv/radio/details.php?id=pokemon

The first episode of the Rocket-Dan's radio show just wrapped up.

The show starts with the Rocket trio being all serious, talking about getting Meloetta and all that while dramatic music plays in the background. After this goes on for a bit, Kojirou starts to question why they've been acting so "professional" lately. The other members of the trio try to keep up their serious facades as he complains at first, but they're soon convinced to go back to having fun again. Someone (I think Nyasu) even says something like "If I have to say "for the sake of Sakaki-sama" one more time..."!!

Now that the trio's back to their pre-BW selves, they decide to go on the radio, recruit all 7 billion people on Earth to become Rocket-Dan members, and get the Boss' praise. They think Seger-Hakase will be angry if he finds out about this project of theirs, so Nyasu suggests they do this on the down low.

After the opening music (Rocket-Dan yo Eien ni), the trio introduces themselves. They talk about how they'll use Twitter to get people to follow them, prompting Musashi to ask what this "social networking" mumbo-jumbo is all about. After some more explanation, Nyasu introduces their first guest: Ohtani Ikue, a daycare worker with experience raising many pokemon.

After Ohtani introduces herself and the other shows she's been in (Gash Bell, One Piece, etc.), she starts to "bring" pokemon into the studio to show them off to the trio. First, she brings in Pikachu, who then apparently jumps onto Musashi's lap. She talks about Manene (who does its own version of "ya na kanji"), Nazonokusa, Nozomi's Nyaruma, and others. After doing this for a while, Ms. Ohtani promotes this year's movie.

A commercial airs in which Subway Masters Kudari and Nobori promote Pokemon Mate.

When the show comes back, the trio does a segment in which Nyasu plays the opening notes of a song used in Pocket Monsters and asks the other two to guess what it is. The songs are:

1) Rocket-Dan yo Eien ni
    2) Maemuki Rocket-Dan (Nyasu calls this ending theme #12, for all you number nerds out there)
    3) Mezase Pokemon Master (Ohtani Ikue guesses this one)
    4) Hyaku Gojuu-Ichi (they didn't announce the answer in this week's episode - they'll do it next week - but it was pretty obvious regardless)

Next, the trio plays a shortened version of "Rocket-Dan yo Eien ni."

As the show wraps up, the trio tells its listeners to send any questions or comments to their Twitter account at #rocketdan. They end the show by saying "Ii kanji."
    Last edited by Musashi; 1st July 2012 at 11:41 PM. Reason: Link to episode.
    Jez, Grave-E, Guy_Spy and 4 others like this.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 14th, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

amazing Meron's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Meron On Twitter

Default re: "Pokemon Radio Show!' Episode 001 Review Thread (July 1st, 2012)

I didn't understand what they said very much, but it was really fun to listen to!

You could really hear that the seiyuus had a fun time doing it, they were so in-character and laughed a lot the whole time. :') Man, I got all nostalgic and stuff!

Ikue Ohtani was a wonderful guest in my opinion. I loved that she did other voices than Pikachu and Manene, too. Really looking forward to their future guests. They all interact with each other so well.

Blog Entries

That was organized chaos and I loved every fucking second of it. I hope Animate.tv puts it up fast. I just can't organize my feels into more coherent thoughts. XD

A transcript will be available on Bulbapedia in a few days.
    Jeshi likes this.

remember me jda95's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow jda95 on Tumblr

I understood a lot less than I thought I would be able to thanks to their fast speech and general over-the-top excitement, but it was still a blast to listen to. It was clear that they were having so much fun playing the characters they loved after almost two years of being serious.

Although I expected the show to be a little more serious, it was great the way it was. They were totally being themselves and obviously had a fun time. Really looking forward to next weeks episode!

Also, if anyone can't wait until tomorrow, I recorded the whole show in pretty nice quality.

Jez

KOJI IN CHARACTER WITH MANENE!!! I CRY OF HAPINESS!!! I DREAM!!!! I-I FAINT!!! I LOVE YOU SO MUCH MY SWEET KOJIRO!!!!!
    My NEW Team Rocket website (im a co-webmistress: http://roketto-dan.e-monsite.com/
    I am french, sorry for my poor bad english... I hope that you understand a maximum of what I writes

Blog Entries

Since this is actually being streamed officially, let's not bring up downloading this please.

Jez

I am really impatient for tomorrow to hear them!!! My God, it is a dream become real. My Koji.... I did not believe it any more.
    My NEW Team Rocket website (im a co-webmistress: http://roketto-dan.e-monsite.com/
    I am french, sorry for my poor bad english... I hope that you understand a maximum of what I writes

Blog Entries

This show sounds amazing! I can't wait to take a listen to it tomorrow. ^^

Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

I'm surprised the Subway Masters got in on it, too.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Pokemon Radio Show! Review Thread

I can't wait until tomorrow. I'm very, very curious. I'm sure they were quite entertaining. (Or is that an understatement?)

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu View Post
    The first episode of the Rocket-Dan's radio show just wrapped up.

The show starts with the Rocket trio being all serious, talking about getting Meloetta and all that while dramatic music plays in the background. After this goes on for a bit, Kojirou starts to question why they've been acting so "professional" lately. The other members of the trio try to keep up their serious facades as he complains at first, but they're soon convinced to go back to having fun again. Someone (I think Nyasu) even says something like "If I have to say "for the sake of Sakaki-sama" one more time..."!!

Now that the trio's back to their pre-BW selves, they decide to go on the radio, recruit all 7 billion people on Earth to become Rocket-Dan members, and get the Boss' praise. They think Seger-Hakase will be angry if he finds out about this project of theirs, so Nyasu suggests they do this on the down low.
    Interesting. So it was addressed. I guess that side of them was always there......we can have both. I'm looking forward to the transcript.

[sources: sig gif|avatar]

Blog Entries
    Follow Takoto On Twitter
    Follow Takoto on Tumblr

Default Re: "Pokemon Radio Show!' Episode 001 Review Thread (July 1st, 2012)

Sounds like this was awesome, I wish I could have listened to it... T ___T;; Hope it gets put up somewhere.

~Giovanni Fan|★|Silver Fan~
    ★ An Illustration student from the UK; with a particular love of black tea, cats, deer, jellyfish, octopus, moths and the colour purple ★
    ♥ Umbreon, Gardevoir, Drifloon, Joltik, Gengar, Malamar ♥ Mewtwo, Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Darkrai, Xerneas ♥
    ~ DeviantArtTwitterTumblr ~

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Takoto View Post
    Sounds like this was awesome, I wish I could have listened to it... T ___T;; Hope it gets put up somewhere.
    It gets put up legally tommorow.

Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

My translation of the opening of the show:

(dramatic music plays)
    Kojirou: "Alright! Point 6-3-4-2 has been marked."
    Musashi: "With this, we'll be sure to to get Meloetta."
    Nyasu: "We should report to Seger-Hakase right away nya!"
    Kojirou: "Nyasu, we've already sent him a mail."
    Musashi: "And why is that, Kojirou?"
    Kojirou: "Naturally, because we're pros."
    Musashi: "Of course, because we're pros."
    Kojirou: "By the way, Musashi...can I ask you something?"
    Musashi: "What?"
    Kojirou: "What are we "pros" in?"
    Musashi: "Huh?"
    Kojirou: "When did the three of us become this cool?"
    Musashi: "Hmm? Hmm?"
    Nyasu: "Th-that's...so we can get closer to the Rocket-Dan's goals. Everything's for Sakaki-sama's sake!"
    Kojirou: "But! This professional style..."
    Musashi: "Hmm hmm?"
    Kojirou: "Can we really aim for the top...when we're acting this way?"
    Musashi: "Kojirou!"
    Kojirou: "No! We've let this debauchery go on long enough. Musashi!"
    Musashi: "Eh!?"
    Kojirou: "Do you think is really OK for us?"
    Musashi: "Um, uh..."
    Kojirou: "Are you...really having fun?"
    Musashi: "Eh..."
    Kojirou: "Up until now, (violin music starts playing) you've always openly said and done what you like! You didn't care what others thought of you at all! But now, whenever we talk to each other, it's just to confirm our plans!"
    Musashi: "That's...that's..."
    Kojirou: "Is this really OK? Is doing things the way we've been doing them up until now really OK?"
    Musashi: "Stop it Kojirou!"
    Kojirou: "I can't...this Rocket-Dan..."
    Nyasu: "Stop nya! You know that the three of us have to have conversations with each other nya!"
    Musashi: "Yes, that's right."
    Kojirou: "Nyasu, are you satisfied? For a pokemon who can speak human language, you have fewer lines than any other pokemon...no...than any of the three of us!"
    Nyasu: "That really hurts! You're going too far..."
    Kojirou: "I can't do this anymore! How many times we say "For Sakaki-sama's sake!" [b]anyway?"
    Musashi: "To tell you the truth, I've been starting to feel the same way as you, Kojirou!"
    Kojirou: "Musashi!"
    Musashi: "And that's why we have to decide, together, what path we'll take from now on."
    Nyasu: "It can't be helped nya...I've been saving something for a time like this. Take a look!"
    (fanfare plays)
    Musashi: "Eh? A plan?"
    Kojirou: "Using the radio, we'll make 7 billion people members of the Rocket-Dan, all for the sake of Sakaki-sama."
    Nyasu: "That's right! By broadcasting over the radio, we'll get every human on the planet join us and receive praise from Sakaki-sama!"
    Musashi: "Eh!? And we'll be able to speak freely?"
    Nyasu: "Of course nya! If we don't speak normally then we can't put on a proper radio show nya!"
    Kojirou: "But wait a minute! Won't Seger-Hakase get mad at us for this?"
    Nyasu: "He doesn't have to know about this nya. This will be a secret broadcast from our hideout."
    Musashi: (bubbling with excitement) "Secret!?"
    Kojirou: "A se-cret~~~!"
    Nyasu: "That's right! Let's go ahead and get started!"
    I knew that Inuyama Inuko wasn't happy with the direction the trio took after the start of BW, but it seems like the other two don't care for it much either :D
    Grave-E, Jeshi, Trainer-c and 7 others like this.

amazing Meron's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Meron On Twitter

Kojirou: "Are you...really having fun?"
    Musashi: "Eh..."
    Kojirou: "Up until now, (violin music starts playing) you've always openly said and done what you like! You didn't care what others thought of you at all! But now, whenever we talk to each other, it's just to confirm our plans!"
    Musashi: "That's...that's..."
    ... D'awwww! Why does this make me feel so mushy all of a sudden? *hugs a pillow and falls on the floor giggling*

Nyasu is officially confirmed for third wheel.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast