Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Like Tree204Likes

Thread: Pokemon: The Origin

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Default Re: Pokemon: The Origin

Quote Originally Posted by Red
    Is there a way to watch this legally in america? instead of waiting for the dub.
    Not that I know of, no.

Quote Originally Posted by WildGamer
    Hey Dogasu, what was Sakaki saying about green?
    I don't remember off the top of my head...I'll have to check it out later.

And why'd he switch out his 6 pokeballs for 2 ultra balls?
    I think he said it was because he recognized that Red was a special trainer for not giving up even after his beat down at the Silph Company, though I'm not 100% sure.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 14th, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

I haven't watched it yet. I only saw screenshots but It looks really great! I hope they make one for GSC too.

Young Giovanni to me was like asdfghjkl.

Is there a way to catch it again in Japan? I don't have TV Tokyo at my house and regardless, I was at the gym while it was airing.

Follow bluestarfish on Tumblr

What I've watched was kind of boring to me, but that may just be because it's very dialogue heavy and I don't understand Japanese at all. (I'm going to have to wait for a sub, or the dub I guess...) I did like how they had cries rather than just saying their name in iterations, and some of the battles were pretty neat since they didn't rely on stock animation. I wish they had to funding to make every battle in pokemon like that.

Blog Entries

I liked this special. It felt a little bit like how Ash's journey will eventually end up like when he reaches his true potential.

My only pet-peeve was how little Red's other Pokemon did outside of getting knocked out and having montage battles.
    Kalos Adventurer likes this.

Best Wishes to BW!

MEGA F'ING AMPHAROS!!! Ampharos King's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I still can't get over Green being scared shitless by the ghosts.

Oh sweet jebus....that sound....

Blog Entries
    Follow Magmaster12 On Twitter
    Visit Magmaster12's Youtube Channel

I was hoping they would save the brutal battling for a Gold and Silver Special co starring Silver.

Follow Gabo 2oo On Twitter
    Follow Gabo 2oo on Tumblr Visit Gabo 2oo's Youtube Channel

Charmander's screaming will haunt me in my nightmares... I'm impressed that it already has 170.000 views.
    It doesn't matter if you aren't going to reach the goal, as long as you're still happy doing the trajectory.

Call me Robert guys 1rkhachatryan's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow 1rkhachatryan On Twitter Add 1rkhachatryan on Facebook Add 1rkhachatryan on Google+
    Visit 1rkhachatryan's Youtube Channel

Lmfao!!! And people think Red is better then Ash?? For what, having pokemon who can't do shit?? I mean take away Charizard and you have a nobody.

The biggest fail had to be Jolteon getting pwned by a Thunderbolt, da fuq??

Ya Ash>>>>>>>>>Red anyday.

G50
    Night Owl G50's Avatar Bulbanews Deputy Editor-in-Chief
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

Part one -
    * I like how there's a start and save menu.
    * Red's face when Charmander went into his arms was funny.
    * I like how Nidoran male used a Super-Effective move to take down Geodude, instead of there being a last-second normal attack or something.
    * The Game feel of the Gym Battle and music really seemed done right for an anime version of the game.
    * Red vs Green was ok, couldn't really tell if it was a KO or them just ending the battle.

Part two -
    * The Gym battles recap was ok, I do wish they had extended it just a bit for each one but not too much. It was pretty cool though.
    * I like how the ghost Marowak was very, very close in design to what the game showed it as.
    * I like how they gave the full background of what happened to Marowak.
    * It was sad to see what happened, and them reuniting.

Part three -
    * Giovanni's eyes sure looked odd when they were suddenly black in a couple of parts...
    * Interesting how it took several Pokemon to take down Rhyhorn, and then Charizard beats Rhydon at the last moment.
    * The Gym Battle was very epic, with Jolteon surprisingly going down easily
    * Rhyhorn sure was powerful. :o

Part four -
    * The Elite 4 battles were a bit short, but what was shown was pretty cool.
    * I liked how Green vs Red ended with Charizard vs Blastoise, and Charizard's Mega Punch was cool.
    * Charizard vs Mewtwo was an ok battle, I do like how the Mega evolution looked, plus Mega Charizard X looked epic in this anime special.

Overall I really liked the 4-part special, and how well it followed the outline of the Gen. I games. It had a very different feel, but a good one.
    Last edited by G50; 3rd October 2013 at 06:51 AM.
    HumanDawn likes this.

The Sworn Brothers Adyniz's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Adyniz On Twitter

The special was done very well, no particular complains.

I like how desperate Red was, when he was battling Brock's Onix. He kept using his fodders and they all got KO'd. In the end, he had to use his starter who had a type disadvantage. That was so me :P

Moe
    Blog Entries

I really enjoyed this as a whole - though it's annoying that we didn't get the chance to see a decent length battle until right at the end with Mewtwo - in which seeing it trying to run from a move that always hits was great. In the first battle between Red and Green it certainly felt like they'd thrown out the turn based nature of the moves - though the latter battles felt more like that. I laughed a lot at Red sending out Metapod, but the end result of String Shot slowing Onix down enough was a nice outcome.

Part two with the Pokemon Tower was by far my favourite - though it also adds to how confusing Cubone's Pokedex entries are, when it has the same skull on its head before its mother died for him as after. Really well done overall and really helped drive the hatred of Team Rocket that Red ran on in the rest of the special.

The little bits of the games that were only shown for a few seconds were standouts for me - it's just nice to see things like Red trying to pick throwing a stone or the bait to the Chansey, or TMs/HMs being basically MiniDiscs, the things that don't really suit the main anime that we got to see here. The Magikarp salesman was awesome.

It did bug me how Red changed all his Pokemon except the starter right the way through - I personally like the idea of winning the League in games with the team I build up as I go around, as opposed to late captures at higher levels closer to the league. I suppose it helped the storyline of Red being close with Charizard - but it's just as annoying as Ash getting that extra little bit out of Pikachu all the time and winning against the odds through the power of friendship, only with the rest of Red's Pokemon seeming expendable.

A while back I posted a poll asking about how Ash would approach things, and it seems in the Origins special the community treated the idea of making a device that was able to capture any Pokemon as a bad thing - at least in the hands of Team Rocket. I certainly like that Red didn't use one to capture Mewtwo (which is what the majority of those playing the games probably do), even if shoving the Gen VI MegaCharizard into the plot of a retelling of the original game story was the alternative.

Still don't know how Red fits all that stuff in his backpack though. Likewise not seeing him walk up to and be confused by a minor ledge and not be able to jump over it and not see him totally blocked on his path by a tree.

They should have hinted at one of the Mew glitches in the background of the closing credits.

All up - I wouldn't want this to have been the anime of the series, but it certainly felt like the games being brought to life - and got me tempted to get Pokemon Red out and play it again. I still am left thinking that introducing Mega Charizard still isn't reason enough for this to come now - there's got to be something else in the pipeline for the original games? This doesn't make me even more excited about X and Y, it makes me nostalgic to play the old games.

Looking forward to the dub so I can catch any storyline I missed and they'll have my money if they release it on Blu-Ray.

Follow Gabo 2oo On Twitter
    Follow Gabo 2oo on Tumblr Visit Gabo 2oo's Youtube Channel

I didn't liked the stuff about Red's Pokémon being KOed and still winning at the last minute. It makes me feel that Red is a terrible Trainer who only trains his Charizard. Plus it happened more than once, I mean, there are other ways to put suspense in a Pokémon battle...
    It doesn't matter if you aren't going to reach the goal, as long as you're still happy doing the trajectory.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Talonflame View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
    Honestly who uses a Persian or Dodrio to defeat the elite four though!?
    Still better than ash thinking he can win a league using snivy and oshawott.
    HAHAHAHA I'm crying laughing over here!

Oh and don't forget Scraggy!

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast