REVIEW: Pokémon the Movie: Kyurem VS. The Sword of Justice - Page 5

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: Pokémon the Movie: Kyurem VS. The Sword of Justice

Default Re: Pokémon the Movie: Kyurem VS. The Sword of Justice

Quote Originally Posted by UnovaCastaway View Post
    Axew maybe tagged along with her and when she was leaving, they let her keep him?
    Not sure what you mean exactly... I thought it was like that: Iris got Axew and immediately left the village
    But here in this flashback we see Iris talk with the elder together with Axew...
    So I wondered how was that possible... unless I'm wrong and she didn't leave IMMEDIATELY upon getting Axew... but it seemed like that to me
    I guess they just overlooked this detail XD still nice anyway that they gave her these flashbacks

Quote Originally Posted by Tricky Kipper View Post
    The movie made me cringe and I didn't like it; but that's because I'm 23 and I should know better than to watch things as twee as Pokémon movies with the expectation that they'll conform to my idea of Pokémon.
    Age has nothing to do with it... Pokémon always was targeted at kids and always will be that way, but that doesn't mean older people can't enjoy it

I thought the Swords of Justice attacked humans?
    I thought Kyurem was a hollow lifeform - the empty leftovers of Zekrom and Reshiram becoming separate beings - that lacked a soul and just liked freezing and killing things?
    The movies rarely use game details like these... it was expected they'd just come up with new ideas like they always do... although depending on what exactly happens during Episode N - you may get something closer to the Kyurem you wanted to see here in the actual show... but better not expect too much, I guess...

I appreciate that they were in mortal danger, but a group of children breaking into a museum at night and stealing an airship?
    It's not really THAT weird, considering all things they did before... just because they're "children" doesn't mean they can't do stuff... the whole show is about "a group of children" and would be lame and limited if they treated them like you seem to think kids should be treated... remember this is, after all, a cartoon - not real life... (I never got why some people have such a problem wanting the show to be more realistic yet have no problems accepting a mouse that can shoot electric at you... Pokémon just isn't realistic and that's ok cause it's not supposed to be that realistic)
    Karamazov and martianmister like this.

Blog Entries

Okay, well that wasn't too bad - but I hope the Pikachu shorts attached to a movie don't become a permanent thing again, because the movie really could've used an extra 15 minutes or so to develop the plot, because by the time Keldeo had its first crack at Kyurem, found Ash and was healed at the Pokemon centre, the movie was already half over. Perhaps if they'd actually built up to Keldeo's return to the mine a bit more. I mean, all that really happened was he left, met up with Ash, was healed at the Pokemon Centre and went straight back to the mine again. Nothing really showed Keldeo getting any stronger, and all the training was done in flashbacks.

Nevertheless, what we got was a fairly lean but enjoyable hour or so, IMO. I appreciated having a fairly straightforward plot that didn't involve a mysterious force (like the dimension stuff in the Darkrai movie, the time ripple, or God forbid... the Dragon Force clusterfuck from the last movie) that was explained away with little more than "It's Pokemon". Keldeo was a likeable enough protagonist, and I just wish we'd had a few more minutes of runtime to flesh him out in the present day.

Oh, and the blimp... what was that about? I mean sure, them breaking into the museum was kind of an accident, but was making off with a stolen antique aircraft really the best idea the writers had to get the group out of the city? It just seems so bizarre for a show as vanilla as this to handwave Grand Theft Blimp like that.
    Hidden Mew likes this.

Denki the Pokemon Breeder Denki Wolf's Avatar

I just saw it the other day, and I adore the pokemon movies.
    Possibly, for all the wrong reasons.
    To take from Cilan, I'm a bit of an animation Connoisseur.
    I love them because they have gorgeous animation.
    A good story is always appreciated, of course, I loved the new movie primarily for animation reasons, though.
    A secondary is the battles where spectacular as usual, and honestly the story wasn't that bad.
    Though, I'll be honest, it could have been better, because like Thingamajig said it did feel rushed.
    But I do think they explained why Keldeo got stronger, however.
    It was in the realization that friends were his power, and keeping his friends safe was the weight of he sword.
    I felt they explained that well.
    The fact that he lost in the end was even better, because it showed he really didn't get much stronger, he just realized the truth.
    All in all, I liked the movie.
    It was a lot of fun to watch.
    UnovaCastaway likes this.

Made Sig and Avi

the movie had 1.4 million viewers saturday night, ironically, the same number of viewers they had for the new episode earlier in the day...

The Sworn Brothers Adyniz's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Adyniz On Twitter

[Sat - 7:00pm] Pokémon Movie 15: Kyurem vs. The Sword of Justice - 1,444,000 viewers (Son of the Bronx)

So I went onto Cartoon Network on the 8th to find out what time this was on... and it just wasn't there :( was it exclusively on in the US? I thought we got the same Cartoon Network as you guys, so I just assumed it would be on here too (I'm in the UK) as the Victini film was. Did anyone else in the UK manage to watch the film on CN?

The Sworn Brothers Adyniz's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Adyniz On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by chella182 View Post
    So I went onto Cartoon Network on the 8th to find out what time this was on... and it just wasn't there :( was it exclusively on in the US? I thought we got the same Cartoon Network as you guys, so I just assumed it would be on here too (I'm in the UK) as the Victini film was. Did anyone else in the UK manage to watch the film on CN?
    According to the official site, the movie is scheduled for this month, no date known though. And it will air on CITV.
    Pokémon the Movie: Kyurem vs. The Sword of Justice | Movies | Pokemon.com

From the official UK site:
    The legendary duo of Ash and Pikachu are about to set off on an all-new cinematic adventure in December on CITV! Get a sneak peek at the exciting action they’ll encounter in Pokémon the Movie: Kyurem vs. The Sword of Justice!

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

I'm curious what you guys think about the review of the movie I wrote back in July now that you guys have been able to see it for yourself.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 20th, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

Bow before me, bitches! SammyW27's Avatar
    Add SammyW27 on Facebook
    Visit SammyW27's Youtube Channel

Nice to have a movie with the Companions making themselve USEFUL. And I didn't even notice the lack of movie exclusive human characters. Felt kinda strange to have so many talking Legendaries. Though I'm disapointed we had yet another trouble causing Legendary who turned out to be a nice guy (long way to go just to teach Keldeo a lesson, don't ya think Kyurem>)

I must say that I really enjoyed this movie and that it was far better the the last one about Victini, Reshiram and Zekrom.

The aspect I liked most was, of course, the fact that the whole movie was revolving around motifs that have been dominating the show since the very first episode: Willpower, determination and true strength (If you ask me, the writers seemed to have neglected these motifs in some movies in the past)
    So let me briefly focus on the main characters: With the three musketeers we got three very gracious and awesome Pokemon, we got a very powerful and impressive opponent in Kyurem and last but not least we got back the good old Ash with exactly those character traits he's known for.

There are only two (more or less) minor points I'd like to criticize:
    First, what exactly is Kyurem's role in all this? Is he considered as some kind of sparring partner for the Swords of Justice? And why is it so vital to battle Kyurem in the first place? I really wished the movie had answered those questions! And don't you agree that the plot seemed very short? Correct me if I'm wrong but the previous movies kind of felt longer.
    Second, I highly doubt that what the elder of the Village of Dragons said about Kyurem being the strongest Dragon-type Pokemon is true. Kyurem might be able to combine both Reshiram and Zekrom 's abilities and control different elements (What element's does it control in the first place? Fire and lightning? Truth and ideals?) but Dialga, Palkia and Giratina are the masters of time, space and anti-matter, which, from my point of view, are much greater.

But all in all, it was a great movie and a real pleasure to watch.
    "When I was younger, I used to dream of nothing other than becoming powerful through being victorious in battle, and so I trained endlessly."

Please visit the CYNTHIA CLUB

BattleFanatic Eitarou's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Queen Cynthia View Post
    I must say that I really enjoyed this movie and that it was far better the the last one about Victini, Reshiram and Zekrom.

The aspect I liked most was, of course, the fact that the whole movie was revolving around motifs that have been dominating the show since the very first episode: Willpower, determination and true strength (If you ask me, the writers seemed to have neglected these motifs in some movies in the past)
    So let me briefly focus on the main characters: With the three musketeers we got three very gracious and awesome Pokemon, we got a very powerful and impressive opponent in Kyurem and last but not least we got back the good old Ash with exactly those character traits he's known for.

There are only two (more or less) minor points I'd like to criticize:
    First, what exactly is Kyurem's role in all this? Is he considered as some kind of sparring partner for the Swords of Justice? And why is it so vital to battle Kyurem in the first place? I really wished the movie had answered those questions! And don't you agree that the plot seemed very short? Correct me if I'm wrong but the previous movies kind of felt longer.
    Second, I highly doubt that what the elder of the Village of Dragons said about Kyurem being the strongest Dragon-type Pokemon is true. Kyurem might be able to combine both Reshiram and Zekrom 's abilities and control different elements (What element's does it control in the first place? Fire and lightning? Truth and ideals?) but Dialga, Palkia and Giratina are the masters of time, space and anti-matter, which, from my point of view, are much greater.

But all in all, it was a great movie and a real pleasure to watch.
    The movie is an hour and eleven minutes long.

Or if you're watching the version on CN, YTV, etc...it's an hour and six minutes long.

Apparently the version shown on YTV and CN shortened some scenes and cut some lines - not a simple "time compression", but a shorter version done by DuArt. Even BGMs are moved at some point. Also the shortened, instrumental ending credits...

Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

I finally had a chance to watch this movie and to be honest, I thought it was really underdeveloped and rushed.

Why does Keldeo have to battle Kyurem to become a "Sword of Justice"? (bleh. Can they really not say "Sacred"?)
    Why did Kyurem go on a massive rampage just to find Keldeo?
    Did Ash, Cilan and Iris really just steal a blimp?
    How does Iris know how to fly a blimp?

I honestly also felt that for once, Ash, Cilan and Iris being there actually hurt the movie. Ash pushing for Keldeo to fight Kyurem again to save the Swords of Justice, in my opinion, went completely against the whole film. Keldeo got into this mess because he recklessly rushed in, so Ash is telling him it's okay to do that as long as you have a pretty reason? Honestly, the human characters also did nothing - it would have been a much better movie if it was focused entirely on Keldeo, Cobalion, Terrakion and Virizion - at least then there might have been some more interactions between them that made Keldeo's later revelations actually make sense (I felt Keldeo's development really came out of nowhere).

This movie had a lot of potential, but I feel that it was wasted. I felt it was too short and could have easily have done with another 20 minutes to help build up the Swords of Justice more.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Meh...just meh. I mean, it could've been so much better, yet it could've been so much worse.

Plot: Weak. Keldeo wants to be a Soldier of Justice and so he...he wants to face Kyurem. Uh-huh...right, right...

Characters: Alright. Decent overall.

Voice Acting:

(-) Vic Mignogna just sucked as Keldeo. Guy doesn't fit that character. I may like him as Edward Elric, but being miscast is being miscast. That's not the voice I imagine coming out of Keldeo.

(-) Emlyn Morinelli has no emotion at all, and worse, she makes Virizion sound like Officer Jenny. She needs to expand her range, big time.

(+) Marc Thompson sounds very fitting as Kyurem.

Everyone else is best described as bland, boring, flat, and average.

Rating: 7/10 (Average: Forgettable)
    Darth Darkrai likes this.

Blog Entries

Marc Thompson as Kyurem was perfect and was Obvious after Voicing both Reshiram and Zekrom and he did a fine Job Voicing all three of them I think.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast