REVIEW: Pokémon the Movie: Kyurem VS. The Sword of Justice - Page 3

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: Pokémon the Movie: Kyurem VS. The Sword of Justice

Blog Entries

Default Re: Pokémon the Movie: Kyurem VS. The Sword of Justice

Real talk I'm going to do a bunch of real talks.

Real talk insulting someone when they are choking and people seriously don't consider Iris mean SERIOUSLY!

Real talk if Iris is suppose to be the nature to Cilan's technology why does she know how to fly a blimp?

Real talk did Iris STEAL A BLIMP and combine that with the know how to fly a blimp and I think there is no refuting the jerk sue charge.

Real talk why did they keep using special moves on Crygonal

Real talk did Cilan pronounce Crygonal in a way other than Cry-go-nal

Real talk why didn't any other trainers attack the Crygonal

Real talk the Kyurem fights were actually pretty good

Real talk Terrakion surpassed Blastiose dad

Overall good movie especially compared to the rest of best wishes
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkara
    Gary reveals that he already has six pokemon. And judging by the pokemon around that area I'm guessing he has a rat a bird two bugs AND anouther bird

Was the movie not as long because of the short? If so, they better dub the special when it comes onto DVD!

BattleFanatic Eitarou's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TaiChiChasers View Post
    Was the movie not as long because of the short? If so, they better dub the special when it comes onto DVD!
    No. It was perfect movie length.

Registered User Trainer Gabriel's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This was actually an enjoyable movie. Such a simple plot, yet original for a Pokemon movie. Yeah, it suppose there were a few flaws I could name, and seemed rather short - and maybe or maybe not one of my favorites - but the fact that it was all about a Pokemon battle made it feel more like... a Pokemon movie.

Here's one small nitpick that I thought during a scene in the movie: When Ash found out that Scraggy wasn't on the train as it started to depart, why didn't he just use Scraggy's Pokeball to recall him? :/
    Enzap likes this.

The leaf lives on... JustAnotherLeafeon's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I just watched it, and thought it was pretty decent. I really enjoyed the beginning, sort of a back-story and whatnot. The plot wasn't extremely complex either, so it was easy to follow. Although, throughout the movie, I kept thinking, "Oh, so that's how you say it..." Which, to be honest, happens in the majority of movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Gabriel View Post
    When Ash found out that Scraggy wasn't on the train as it started to depart, why didn't he just use Scraggy's Pokeball to recall him? :/
    Because, if you haven't noticed, Ash makes stupid decisions. A prime example being that near the beginning of the movie, Ash used his Pikachu against a Druddigon. But, since he's the hero, he still beat it (or, at least it looked like it). And there are countless other examples similar to that. So yeah, not a good decision maker.
    Once upon a time there was a leafeon. There wasn't anything special about him. He was just a regular leafeon.
    But there's a story behind the leafeon.

Credit where credit is due.
    Oh look. A deviantART.

~Love Is Hard To Define~ Midnight Blue's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Really liked it. Don't know why but I liked the Best Wishes reference(if the girl that said best wishes was a reference). Speaking of the girl, I though she was going to have a bigger role in the movie.

Blog Entries

Loved the movie. It definitely takes a spot as one of my favorites. I thought that Keldeo was fun, and I enjoyed watching his journey. I also liked that Cilan and Iris got to do some important stuff.

I have to say, the animation was gorgeous, both 2D and CGI. The Pokemon playing on the train, Ash+Pikachu flying on Keldeo, and Keldeo's fight with Kyurem at the climax, combined with the great settings and BG artwork made for some wonderful eye candy. Yeah. I seriously want this movie on Blu-ray. (My only problem was that the characters looked pretty.... erm, wonky, in some scenes.) As far as voice acting goes, I thought that pretty much everybody gave a good performance. (Virizion sounded a little emotionless at times, but... eh.)

And did anybody else love the music? Shinji Miyazaki did a great job.

Overall, a really enjoyable movie. Looking forward to next year's.
    Last edited by Blue_Drifblim; 9th December 2012 at 12:23 PM.

I know it's probably a stupid thing to think about...

....but part of me wonders if Iris ever returned that potentially very valuable blimp to its rightful owners?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hellwarden View Post
    I know it's probably a stupid thing to think about...

....but part of me wonders if Iris ever returned that potentially very valuable blimp to its rightful owners?
    It's not a stupid thing to think about at all she straight up stole a blimp
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkara
    Gary reveals that he already has six pokemon. And judging by the pokemon around that area I'm guessing he has a rat a bird two bugs AND anouther bird

Moe
    Blog Entries

I really enjoyed this movie - certainly far more than the first BW movie - and it's up there among my favourites across the series. I particularly like the fact it's a Pokemon movie with a plot other than the impending destruction of the world with Ash needing to personally save it and as such it doesn't feel as repetitive as some of the other plots are.

It did feel a bit short, but I suppose that's better than being long and drawn out - there could have been a bit more time spent on why fighting Kyurem was as important as it was, and I'd have liked a little bit more of Iris - they did touch slightly on the whole Dragon/Ice type conundrum - but other than that the occasional complaints about the cold were about all - Iris probably should have been a bit more conflicted about what side she was on and had a bit more awe about the fact she'd just seen the most powerful dragon type. Basically, for a movie centring around a dragon type, it's odd that Iris' role was as small as it was.

Beyond that though, I did like how Cilan and Iris were put to decent use, even if Ash was the main character (I'd say 'as always', but the way he's been treated in the BW anime, I'm happy that he's getting the focus for once), they weren't totally useless like in some of the other movies. Ash was also smarter than usual, using Boldore as a sledge was great. At a stretch I wish that the ice finally breaking to free the trio was a Scraggy headbutt and that Ash didn't randomly ignore Boldore and Pignite to watch what was going on, but there's not much to complain about.

The longer version of the Rival Destinies song seemed a bit poor - they were really stretching for words at times and the music just sounds odd. Which is a shame as I quite liked the movie length version of Black and White. Otherwise, I thought everything was well dubbed and nothing stood out as annoying to me about it.

It's a bit disappointing that the Meloetta short wasn't shown, so hopefully it's both on the DVD (and hopefully Blu-Ray) and that they come out fairly soon.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos King View Post
    There was one aspect of the movie that I never truly understood, even in the English dub. Why did Keldeo challenge Kyurem to a battle in the first place? Keldeo claimed that it would become a Sword of Justice if it challenged and defeated Kyurem in a battle, but then there was that dialogue from Iris which inferred that all of the Swords of Justice challenged Kyurem to a battle to gain their titles.

It never made sense that the Swords of Justice battled Kyurem in the first place. Kyurem was completely secluded from humans in an abandoned mine, and with the exception of the Cryogonal that it ruled over it hardly interacted with anybody prior to the Keldeo battle. Kyurem did not threaten the lives of any humans or Pokemon until Keldeo ran away from fear after their first battle, and even then Kyurem was only interested in finishing its battle with Keldeo. Kyurem practically ignored Ash and his friends' attempts to stop it from getting to Keldeo. I can understand why Kyurem chased after Keldeo throughout the movie, but what was the justification of their conflict to begin with?

Did Kyurem solely exist to test Keldeo's potential as a Sword of Justice? It felt that way to me, since Kyurem decided to leave after it saw Keldeo using its power to protect Ash and the others. Kyurem even helped to save the lives of Ash and his friends by freezing the collapsing structures in the mine. I wish there was more footage in the movie that helped to answer most of these questions.
    I think it was mostly about Keldeo wanting to prove himself strong enough to be a Sword of Justice by beating the strongest Pokemon around. Since the Swords happened to train near Kyurem's stomping grounds...you do the math.

Personally, I think the movie would've been better served by giving Keldeo's character more time to develop. Having him ready to rush back into the fray against Kyurem so soon after getting so freaked out felt rushed. He should've had more time to wrestle with both his fear and his guilt over leaving the three Poke-teers behind before deciding to go back and challenge Kyurem again. Similarly, when Ash and Keldeo reached Kyurem's lair and Keldeo got scared again, I was expecting Ash to challenge Kyurem himself. Keldeo would watch Ash control his own fear in battle and draw inspiration from him; then, Ash would get into serious trouble, and Keldeo would fight through his own fear to step in and save Ash. Of course, that would've required more time that the movie didn't have. (It aired in an hour-and-a-half slot; subtract the commercials, and we're left with just over an hour. With all the action, character arcs kinda took a back seat.) Also, I kinda thought the collapsing mine would've posed more of a danger to Our Gang and required Keldeo to be more of a hero for his friends, but I guess not...

Some museum curator's gonna be pissed...And will Cilan please knock it off with the "[insert hobby here] connoisseur" business? "Box lunch connoisseur"? Please...
    You Might Be A Redneck If...

You think The Nutcracker is something you did off the high dive.
    You've ever smuggled food out of an all-you-can-eat buffet.
    The original color of your carpet is an unsolved mystery.
    You've had more court dates than second dates.
    The closest you've come to royalty is eating at Burger King.
    You've ever stared at a carton of orange juice because it said "concentrate."
    You think a quarterhorse is that ride in front of K-Mart.

Blog Entries
    Follow Kouzan On Twitter Add Kouzan on Google+
    Follow Kouzan on Tumblr Visit Kouzan's Youtube Channel

I honestly enjoyed this movie alot and it's probably gonna become one of my top 10 favorites. It was different from the usual plot where Ash is the main focus and instead it was a Pokemon who was the main hero. I like how Iris and Cilan actually did something useful. For once Ash's travel partners got attention and were helpful. I like how Cilan used Crustle's Rock Wrecker to fight off the Crygonal and Stunkfisk's Thundershock to power the train. Also found Iris being "bait" and controlling the blimp amusing for some reason. The art was fantastic , the best I've seen in any Pokemon movie. And it made even the boring parts interesting. Keldeo's voice actually ended up fitting and Vic Mignogna did a pretty good job. Liked the voices for Virizion, Cobalion , and Terrakion too as well, but Kyurem's sounded a bit odd.

And am I the only who's bothered by how Virizion was pronounced? Especially when the Japanese and English names are the same and the Japanese version has a set pronunciation too. It reminds me of the phone company , Verizon . And yeah I'm aware Verizon is only an American company but still. Though that trivial part doesn't extremely affect what I think of the movie. It's a enjoyable movie with a fascinating story and I'm considering buy it when the DVD comes out, just to see if they dub the Meloetta short.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Gabriel View Post
    Here's one small nitpick that I thought during a scene in the movie: When Ash found out that Scraggy wasn't on the train as it started to depart, why didn't he just use Scraggy's Pokeball to recall him? :/
    I wondered that too, but without that little scene they (or rather pikachu) wouldn't have found Keldeo.

"This... is who I am!" itsameluigi1290's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow itsameluigi1290 On Twitter Add itsameluigi1290 on Facebook Add itsameluigi1290 on Google+ Add itsameluigi1290 on MySpace
    Add itsameluigi1290 on Linkedin Follow itsameluigi1290 on Tumblr

This movie was okay. Not as good as the Black and White movies, but it was still good. I don't know why, but it seemed shorter than the other movies.

Also, did they make Iris' bangs longer? She looks a lot older and mature, and I think it's because of her bangs.

Wanna know a pretty neat thing I thought about during the movie? I was in a live stream watching the movie with other people. While Ash, Co. and Keldeo was in the city, they noticed there was no other people walking the streets when Kyurem appeared. I noticed it was night and remember that in the games, Lacunosa Town, people stayed inside during the night because of Kyurem! And in the movie, this city was also near Kyurem's "lair"! I think this is very creative done by the movie team! :D

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast