"Poetry Commotion" and "Going, Going, Yawn!" Review Thread

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Poetry Commotion" and "Going, Going, Yawn!" Review Thread

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Default "Poetry Commotion" and "Going, Going, Yawn!" Review Thread

Japanese Episode AG 54: "The New Gym Leader, Flannery! The Hole-Filled Battlefield!"
    American Episode 326: "Poetry Commotion"

Kids' WB!, 8:00am ET
    Encore Performance on Friday, November 26th at 3:00pm

Ash and co. arrive in Lavaridge Town, where the fourth Hoenn Gym Leader, Flannery, awaits. However, the girl has only just received the title of Gym Leader three days before! How can such a wet-behind-the-ears Gym Leader provide any sort of challenge to Ash?

And then, later in the day...

Japanese Episode AG 55: "The Heat Badge! I Got One in the Blazing Battle!"
    American Episode 327: "Going, Going, Yawn"

Kids' WB!, 10:00am ET
    Encore Performance on Friday, November 26th at 3:30pm

The battle for Ash's fourth Hoenn League Gym Badge is now underway! Can Ash come up with a strategy to beat Flannery and earn the Heat Badge!?

By the way, One Piece continues on the Fox Box today at 9:30am ET.

Post your thoughts about the episodes here. Please mark any spoilers for episodes not that have yet to air in America in spoiler tags.
    Last edited by Dogasu; 20th November 2004 at 01:55 AM.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 20th, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

Wth they changed Pokémon's airing times. I missed the first one. ;_; I missed Brock's volcano reaction. I miss a Flannery episode. How could I do such a thing?

Well, I loved the Yawn one a lot, mostly because of Flannery. Lisa Ortiz is her VA! *dances* Maybe she got my letter...even though in my letter, I mentioned Winona and not Flannery. XD But still, we are ever closer to the gentle wind that is Winona. (The bridge in Lavaridge was ugly. >_>) I got pretty upset that Flannery lost though. Wth was up with her just becoming a GL? And her grandpa looked like a frickin' hippie. Oh well, her voice was Lisa Ortiz. XP Why brother asked why she called "all of her Pokémon" Mag. The TRF fantasy was HILARIOUS. I could not stop laughing, it was even better than the boss fantasy later. I'm amazed they know how to draw so bad. XD Flan and Ash were just staring with sweatdrops. XD During the battle, about every 2 seconds, I'm like, "OMG there's a cap from one of Pikki-Zuka's icons!" Yes, she has a lot. XD I cry, "Flantastic!" and my brother just tells me to shut up. XD Slugma's yawn was very funny. Hahaha Treecko got his leg burned. =D I don't like Treecko. Ash said all her had left was Corphish and Treecko. What happened to Taillow?
    I'm surprised Brock didn't mention anything about Overheat's lowering of sp. attack, since they were talking more about stats a lot in AG. And the people cheering for Ash got really annoying. I probably missing stuff, but it was still a great epsiode. I'll remember more when other people post. XD
    Rating: 10/10

It was Columbus instead.

Protecting Gotham City Geodude's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Geodude On Twitter
    Follow Geodude on Tumblr

Um...you WANTED Lisa Ortiz to be Flannery's VA? Please tell me you aren't losing it. And what's wrong with Flannery being a new Gym Leader? That's exactly what she's supposed to be, if you remember at all from the games.

XBL: Shiny Geodude -- PSN: ShinyGeodude

I think I've already lost it, but that's beside the point. I love Lisa Ortiz. And there's nothing wrong with her being fairly new, but I mean c'mon, ONE DAY AGO?

It was Columbus instead.

Blog Entries
    Follow Geodude on Tumblr

I haven't seen the dub ep yet, but it was 3 days previously in the original. And Lisa Ortiz uses the exact same dub voice for every teenage girl she does, how can you possibly like her work? She's too lazy to put in any variety.

They did have a game reference when it came to Reflect. It lasts 5 turns even after a Pokemon is switched out. How did Pikachu manage to shatter it without Brick Break?

DGE

Dude. You did NOT just dis Lisa Ortiz. Everyone in the 4Kids recording room recycles their voices, but at least Ms. Ortiz sounds cute.
    Besides, no one else is suited for Flannery. I've been crossing my fingers hoping that some other voice didn't come out of her. She sounds just like Lina Inverse in my mind, anyway. [/rant]

Quote Originally Posted by Hitchi
    Wth they changed Pokémon's airing times. I missed the first one. ;_; I missed Brock's volcano reaction. I miss a Flannery episode. How could I do such a thing?
    I think the episodes might repeat next Friday afternoon. They had better, anyway, so someone can TiVo them for me when he comes home for Thanksgiving break.

The TRF fantasy was HILARIOUS. I could not stop laughing, it was even better than the boss fantasy later.
    TRF-chan has a fantasy in the episode? Neat! o^^o;

Flan and Ash were just staring with sweatdrops. XD
    Flan *fangirl giggle*

During the battle, about every 2 seconds, I'm like, "OMG there's a cap from one of Pikki-Zuka's icons!" Yes, she has a lot. XD I cry, "Flantastic!" and my brother just tells me to shut up. XD
    AHHH I LOVE YOU HITCHI~

I can't wait til Fridaaaay~ When's the DVD coming out? o>_>o;;

Ok I know a lot of Lisa Ortiz's voices sound the same like Musa, Amy Rose, Casey, and Sernity Wheeler. I think she does a very good Icy. I didn't even know that was her. I thought the part about the badges being in the bathroom was funny.
    Hang 6 pikachu
    :my space blog

Blog Entries
    Follow Geodude on Tumblr

OK don't get me wrong, even though we've heard Flannery's voice many times before, it still did suit her...so it's not TOO bad.

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Pika-Zukin
    Dude. You did NOT just dis Lisa Ortiz. Everyone in the 4Kids recording room recycles their voices, but at least Ms. Ortiz sounds cute.
    She doesn't sound "cute." She sounds like one of those annoying anime fangirls who randomly insert the three words of Japanese that they happen to know (usually along the lines of kawaii, -chan, and genki) into otherwise English sentences. It also doesn't help that it seems like she's almost always SHOUTING every line she has to deliver.

She sounds just like Lina Inverse in my mind, anyway. [/rant]
    She would sound just like Lina Inverse. And you know what? So does Liza from the Chariffic Valley. And Oakley from Pokémon Heroes. And Marina from "Bye Bye Psyduck." And the ninja girl from "Two Hits and a Miss." And...

The girl has no range, which is one of the reasons that she's one of my least favorite voice actors in all of English dubbed anime.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 20th, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

∠(>w<) #634 Argy's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Argy On Twitter
    Add Argy on Linkedin

Ever since I first saw Flannery, I knew Lisa Ortiz would do her voice (it's the Lina voice)... I think we should set up some sort of betting pool where we guess who does the upcoming character-of-the-day's dub voice...

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu
    The girl has no range
    Isn't she Cassidy? That voice doesn't sound like the others.
    Last edited by Argy; 21st November 2004 at 01:07 AM.

Blog Entries
    Follow Geodude on Tumblr

Hopefully now the online community in general understands the sexiness that is Flannery.

SOOOOONANSU!!

But doesn't Lisa also play Officer Jenny? Or is that Megan? If it is Lisa then I'd say thats good range, Jenny doesn't sound like Lina Inverse at all. Not that anyone else would really know this, but she plays Cynthia in the new Silent Hill 4 game and it wasn't until the second time I played that I realized it was her. She can do different voices, it might just be that the dubbers keep casting her in all these hyper, spunky, young girl roles.

Isn't she Cassidy? That voice doesn't sound like the others.
    Cassidy is played by Megan Hollingshead, who also played Nurse Joy and very recently appears to have dropped off the face of the earth.
    Last edited by Rocketshipper; 21st November 2004 at 11:10 AM.
    Jessie and James together forever!!!

AAML forever!

Colorado is EVIL!!!! Save me!

Eternal defender of Tracey Sketchit. Brock lovers beware ^_^.

"Like the moon over
    the day, my genius and brawn
    are lost on these fools" - Bowser, Super Mario RPG

I thought Jenny was Megan, but she's definitely not Lisa. I'm pretty sure Cassidy is played by Lisa, though...

It was Columbus instead.

SOOOOONANSU!!

Cassidy has the EXACT same voice as Mai from the Yugioh dub, and I know she's played by Megan Hollingshead. Now I have a question, has Officer Jenny made any apperances since season 7 started?? If Megan did play her then she should have a new voice now. Now to add to the evidence that Lisa does possese some range, I just remembered that she did the voice of Sabrina WAAAAAY back in the beginning. That role wasn't the least bit Lina.
    Last edited by Rocketshipper; 21st November 2004 at 04:38 PM.
    Jessie and James together forever!!!

AAML forever!

Colorado is EVIL!!!! Save me!

Eternal defender of Tracey Sketchit. Brock lovers beware ^_^.

"Like the moon over
    the day, my genius and brawn
    are lost on these fools" - Bowser, Super Mario RPG

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast