"The Needs of the Three!" Review Thread - Page 7

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 111

Thread: "The Needs of the Three!" Review Thread

  1. #91
    Froakin' Hilarious. V Faction's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Shady Acres, OR
    Posts
    4,538

    Default Re: "The Needs of the Three!" Review Thread

    Look, it's very simple! Lake Calamity, Lake Acurracy, and Lake Vitality! There it all is, black and white, clear as crystal! And maybe ruby and sapphire.
    V Faction: Bulbatized

    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3136 - 6603 - 1330



  2. #92
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4,212
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default Re: "The Needs of the Three!" Review Thread

    If you know the Pixies then the lakes shouldn't be that hard to mess up.

    Mesprit- The being of emotion. Lake Verity; Verity meaning "Something, such as a statement, principle, or belief, that is true, especially an enduring truth" I suppose emotions would fit that since they're honest.

    Azelf- the being of willpower. Lake Valor; Valor meaning courageous fits willpower pretty well.

    And finally Uxie- the being of knowledge. Lake Acuity; Acuity meaning of a sharp mind (well actually meaning sharp, but someone with a sharp mind, is pretty intelligent).

  3. #93
    Angelic Champion Queen Cynthia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    together with Cynthia forever
    Posts
    1,172

    Default Re: "The Needs of the Three!" Review Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu View Post

    To me, she just looked bored as shit the whole time she was chauffeuring those children around.
    Dogasu, you know that this is simply not true.
    Actually, I would have expected this kind of comment from some random kiddies who comment on the episode on youtube where you can find plenty of stuff like that.
    But we as reasonable adults know that SHE was not just there to drive Ash and co. around. She would have saved the world with or without their help anyways. She just came across them.
    Cynthia has been suspicious of Cyrus since those two episodes in Celestic Town and I'm sure that she's been chasing them since that time as well.
    So if anything, it was our heroes who happened to be there in Floaroma Town, because the writers didn't have an appropriate explanation why THEY should be in the right place at the right time.

    To cut a long story short: Cynthia wasn't there in order to help Ash and co., but because she had a mission to accomplish. So, that expression on her face was pure and epic determination. She didn't really care about the children, all she wanted to do is defeat Team Galactic!
    "When I was younger, I used to dream of nothing other than becoming powerful through being victorious in battle, and so I trained endlessly."


    Please visit the CYNTHIA CLUB

  4. #94
    Cheers to the Freeze Luna Tiger's Avatar Bulbapedia Staff
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Black City
    Posts
    8,588
    Blog Entries
    422

    Follow Luna Tiger on Tumblr

    Default Re: "The Needs of the Three!" Review Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Queen Cynthia View Post
    To cut a long story short: Cynthia wasn't there in order to help Ash and co., but because she had a mission to accomplish. So, that expression on her face was pure and epic determination. She didn't really care about the children, all she wanted to do is defeat Team Galactic!
    So you're saying that a mission comes before the lives of regular people? You mean she's a cold and uncaring bitch who doesn't have a heart?

    Hey guys, who wants that kind of ugly-on-the-inside person to idolize? Certainly not me. Even Lance went out of his way to prioritize the kids' safety over the mission.

    Anyway, I doubt Cynthia would have saved the world on her own. Without the kids' connection to the lake guardians, she couldn't have stopped Dialga and Palkia from rampaging and pretty much destroying her country. So, yeah, saved the world from TG, and let it be destroyed anyway. What a babe. Scoff.


    Really though, you're digging yourself a hole, man. I could say Maylene saved the world by giving Ash her badge instead of making him go another day without, meaning he'd be a day behind all his events, and would never have been where he and the others had to be in order to be there at Dialga and Palkia's summoning.

    Cynthia was there. Lance was there too, at the fight with Groudon and Kyogre. They did just about the same amount of work. Actually, I think Lance even did some active battling, compared to Cynthia's not-so-active battling, IIRC. So.

    Really, man.
    Avatar artwork by アカネ
    PRIA is my haunt, 45500 is my identity,
    the black stronghold is my fortress.

  5. #95
    Angelic Champion Queen Cynthia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    together with Cynthia forever
    Posts
    1,172

    Default Re: "The Needs of the Three!" Review Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Luna Tiger View Post
    So you're saying that a mission comes before the lives of regular people? You mean she's a cold and uncaring bitch who doesn't have a heart?

    Hey guys, who wants that kind of ugly-on-the-inside person to idolize? Certainly not me. Even Lance went out of his way to prioritize the kids' safety over the mission.

    Anyway, I doubt Cynthia would have saved the world on her own. Without the kids' connection to the lake guardians, she couldn't have stopped Dialga and Palkia from rampaging and pretty much destroying her country. So, yeah, saved the world from TG, and let it be destroyed anyway. What a babe. Scoff.


    Really though, you're digging yourself a hole, man. I could say Maylene saved the world by giving Ash her badge instead of making him go another day without, meaning he'd be a day behind all his events, and would never have been where he and the others had to be in order to be there at Dialga and Palkia's summoning.

    Cynthia was there. Lance was there too, at the fight with Groudon and Kyogre. They did just about the same amount of work. Actually, I think Lance even did some active battling, compared to Cynthia's not-so-active battling, IIRC. So.

    Really, man.
    No you must be mistaken.
    I don't know why you wrote all this, because it's not what I was referring to
    All I did was commenting on Dogasu's post in which he more or less reduced her to Ash's chauffeur, which according to him,is why she looked so angry.
    Maybe my post was a bit misleading: I didn't want to say that she didn't care for the kids, but that she didn't care whether or not they were in her car.
    She would have battled against Team Galactic anyways, so why in the world should she be annoyed by the fact that three nice little children are sitting in her car (btw. they don't have a driver's license, so they couldn't even criticize her driving style...just in case that's what you meant :D )
    So, that comment that Cynthia is annoyed by the kids in her car is just unnecessarily cynical and wrong and I wouldn't have expected it from such a famous user as Dogasu.

    I hope I made my point clear now.


    Cynthia was there. Lance was there too, at the fight with Groudon and Kyogre. They did just about the same amount of work. Actually, I think Lance even did some active battling, compared to Cynthia's not-so-active battling, IIRC. So.
    Sorry, but here I definitely have to object because that's plain wrong.
    All Lance did back then was flying on his Dragonite above Groudon and Kyogre. He was only engaged in one battle against that Team Rocket commander (Frankie?) which wasn't that decisive anyways.

    - In tomorrow's episode however, you will see Cynthia block one of Palkia's mighty attacks (the attack of a super legendary Pokemon!!!) just with her epic Garchomp, while Pikachu, Piplup and Croagunk weren't successful against Dialga although they all launched an attack together.
    - Also, she OHKOed Jupiter who defeated Team Rocket AND the twerps before.
    - And last but not least, Garchomp destroyed the powerful red chain which controlled one of the two dragons.

    So now, tell me: Who did more ;) I guess there is no doubt about that. I know everything about Cynthia.
    You should rethink your "compared to Cynthia's not-so-active battling".
    "When I was younger, I used to dream of nothing other than becoming powerful through being victorious in battle, and so I trained endlessly."


    Please visit the CYNTHIA CLUB

  6. #96
    Strange Woman GrayDragonEmily's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    336

    Default Re: "The Needs of the Three!" Review Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by KPTitan View Post
    @CyanideEspeon: It's called self-defense. If somebody like J and Team Galactic were trying to hunt you down, I'd imagine you'd be bustin' some ass yourself. I would... since I don't have magicy-poofly powers like a Pokemanz, I'd more than likely be using a crowbar instead. *imagines hitting Cyrus with a crowbar*
    But they weren't going to be killed, so it was only for the sake of their happiness. If they went through pain so they could spare six lives, I would love them.

    I'm sorry, KPTitan.
    In Black and White, Rock Smash is no longer an HM. Good riddance.

  7. #97
    The Doc is in... KPTitan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Western U.S.
    Posts
    2,084
    Blog Entries
    11

    Default Re: "The Needs of the Three!" Review Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by V Faction View Post
    Look, it's very simple! Lake Calamity, Lake Acurracy, and Lake Vitality! There it all is, black and white, clear as crystal! And maybe ruby and sapphire.
    I seen what you did raight thar...

    Quote Originally Posted by CyanideEspeon View Post
    But they weren't going to be killed, so it was only for the sake of their happiness. If they went through pain so they could spare six lives, I would love them.

    I'm sorry, KPTitan.
    Umm.... ok? I really don't see the misunderstanding here, but my post wasn't meant to be harsh or anything like that.

    A few side-notes here... what's with the sudden jumping on other people for getting the Lakes' names confused with each other? Humans and their memories aren't perfect. Even though I do know what Pixie belongs to which Lake, I still get confused sometimes... it's not like I have Alzhiemers or anything.

    And it's also pretty much useless arguing with somebody like Queen Cynthia you guys...
    "He just put on 300,000 pounds....I'm SO jealous." Raven, Teen Titans

    Have you heard of the saying "opening a can of whoop-ass"? I did that once in a dream.... I opened an aluminum can labled "whoop-ass" on somebody, and they disintegrated.

    My favorite Bulbagarden smiley:

  8. #98
    Angelic Champion Queen Cynthia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    together with Cynthia forever
    Posts
    1,172

    Default Re: "The Needs of the Three!" Review Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by KPTitan View Post

    And it's also pretty much useless arguing with somebody like Queen Cynthia you guys...
    Instead of uttering such gross exaggerations, you better analyze what I wrote and tell me step by step where I said something wrong.
    You know, you CAN indeed convince me, but you have to offer better and above all convincing arguments, because I like tough discussions as long as they are reasonable and driven by good arguments.
    If you find that strenuous, well...I can't help it, you've gotta get used to that in the real-life as well.
    Cynthia didn't go easy on Paul either, did she? ;)

    So again tell me where I was wrong in my post above and if you should be right, I'll accept it.
    "When I was younger, I used to dream of nothing other than becoming powerful through being victorious in battle, and so I trained endlessly."


    Please visit the CYNTHIA CLUB

  9. #99
    Strange Woman GrayDragonEmily's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    336

    Default Re: "The Needs of the Three!" Review Thread

    Thinking of this episode makes me want to listen to "The Unforgiven." Poor J.
    In Black and White, Rock Smash is no longer an HM. Good riddance.

  10. #100
    追放されたバカ bxnl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2

    Default Re: "The Needs of the Three!" Review Thread

    Crazy yenmega, you don't have a damn right to say that you glad that she is dead hooray which is not a fact because she could she be alive and you need to stop acting stupid right about now, Hunter J most likely survived but her crew is dead for sure, that mirage guy is dead, but Hunter j is most likely alive and well some were and you guys need to stop making things out of facts when they are not true.

    Cyanide Espeon, I don't no why you said that this episode was unforgiven which it is not and saying poor Hunter J which she is not really dead, stop making things out of facts because she could have made it out of the ship in time.

    Powerful Starmie, your full of shit to say that think goodness of an excuse of a horribleperson which she never ever was in the first place and she is not really dead when she could have most likely made it out in time, the only horrible person here is you.
    Last edited by bxnl; 11th April 2010 at 07:57 AM.

  11. #101
    Strange Woman GrayDragonEmily's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    336

    Default Re: "The Needs of the Three!" Review Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by bxnl View Post
    Cyanide Espeon, I don't no why you said that this episode was unforgiven which it is not and saying poor Hunter J which she is not really dead, stop making things out of facts because she could have made it out of the ship in time.
    Umm, no, that isn't what I meant. I listen to the song a lot now because it suits J, not the episode.
    In Black and White, Rock Smash is no longer an HM. Good riddance.

  12. #102
    追放されたバカ bxnl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2

    Default Re: "The Needs of the Three!" Review Thread

    Yeah! i understand what you are saying now and you or right it does suit her perfectly well.

  13. #103
    NCIS Special Agent DracoMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Office of Special Projects
    Posts
    2,963
    Blog Entries
    321

    Default Re: "The Needs of the Three!" Review Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by bxnl View Post
    Crazy yenmega, you don't have a damn right to say that you glad that she is dead hooray which is not a fact because she could she be alive and you need to stop acting stupid right about now, Hunter J most likely survived but her crew is dead for sure, that mirage guy is dead, but Hunter j is most likely alive and well some were and you guys need to stop making things out of facts when they are not true.

    Cyanide Espeon, I don't no why you said that this episode was unforgiven which it is not and saying poor Hunter J which she is not really dead, stop making things out of facts because she could have made it out of the ship in time.

    Powerful Starmie, your full of shit to say that think goodness of an excuse of a horribleperson which she never ever was in the first place and she is not really dead when she could have most likely made it out in time, the only horrible person here is you.
    Somebody needs a hug...

  14. #104
    Registered User mj ike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Comberth Harbor, Ohio
    Posts
    310
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: "The Needs of the Three!" Review Thread

    5 for 5

  15. #105
    Aeonicus Lucidus ShinyAeon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    975

    Default Re: "The Needs of the Three!" Review Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
    It's not that the VA is doing a bad job, it's just that the voice doesn't fit the character at all. Gary Oak should not sound like Donald Duck on helium.
    Gary is awesome. The fact that he's that awesome even though he was gifted by the genetic fairies with a high-pitched, nasal nerd-voice just adds to his utter awesomeness.


    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Mask Marauder View Post
    But come on, even just going by the episodes, Cynthia didn't really do much. Sure she was suspicious of Cyrus, but who wouldn't have been after that outburst? She likely would have been suspicious of Eusine as well after his similar shitfit, and Eusine's not up to anything evil.
    First: LOL

    Second: She might not have suspected Eusine, since his reaction had "petty snit" written all over it, while Cyrus had "thwarted meglomaniac" vibes. Cynthia seems to be a pretty decent judge of character.

    And, not to get all "Queen Cynthia" about her, but her small amount of action doesn't take away from her heroism. "They also serve who stand and wait..." Being there, and being ready/willing/able to fight still counts, even if she wasn't in the position to make the most decisive move.

    Quote Originally Posted by CyanideEspeon View Post
    I officially hate Uxie and Mesprit in the anime. They took at least six lives just for the sake of their happiness. Uxie and Mesprit (in the anime) IMO, deserve the death penalty.
    Hey, if J had been over land when the attack took effect, she'd have had a hard, but survivable, landing. I think it was just a case of bad luck/karmic backlash....and it couldn't have happened to a more deserving person.

    (Her minions were suicidally stupid for staying with her after she dropped their fellows to (almost) certain death in her debut ep. And their pokemon might have survived in their Pokeballs, to be fished out in the future.)


    Quote Originally Posted by DracoMan View Post
    Somebody needs a hug...
    This statement just never gets old.
    Quote Originally Posted by V Faction View Post
    Look, it's very simple! Lake Calamity, Lake Acurracy, and Lake Vitality! There it all is, black and white, clear as crystal! And maybe ruby and sapphire.

    My Pokémon fics. Let me show you them.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •