• this year

5 100.00%
  • next year

0 0%
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Movie 17: The Cocoon of Destruction

Default Re: Movie 17: The Cocoon of Destruction

So how 'bout that new preview/summary.

Sounds like they're doing what they did with the Victini movie, and adapting a certain part of the game's story for the movie. I wonder what this means for the main anime's plot (it's obviously very hard to tell, but I get the feeling the Plasma plot was already going to be somewhat different from that of the games, starting with Ash meeting his already-awakened dragon at the very start of the story).

Well, the new summary says that yveltal killed everything in the past, and xerneas was a rival to yveltal's power and gave life to people and pokemon. I think its very hard to make yveltal a good guy in the movie. Its obvious that xerneas is the hero, and xerneas is also by the ash's side on the poster, while yveltal is on the oposite side. I really hope yveltal IS the villain. Im tired of these movies that show a pokemon that seens to be bad on the trailer, and then, its just a good misunderstood pokemon. They've done that with many pokemon:

Movie 6: absol
    movie 7: deoxys
    movie 10: darkrai
    movie 11: giratina
    movie 13: zoroark
    I want a really bad pokemon villain. I know that yveltal helps you on pokemon Y, but it seens that it didnt want to return to the machine, so that, it joins you, so you could help it.

Quote Originally Posted by vivian20 View Post
    Well, the new summary says that yveltal killed everything in the past, and xerneas was a rival to yveltal's power and gave life to people and pokemon. I think its very hard to make yveltal a good guy in the movie. Its obvious that xerneas is the hero, and xerneas is also by the ash's side on the poster, while yveltal is on the oposite side. I really hope yveltal IS the villain. Im tired of these movies that show a pokemon that seens to be bad on the trailer, and then, its just a good misunderstood pokemon. They've done that with many pokemon:

Movie 6: absol
    movie 7: deoxys
    movie 10: darkrai
    movie 11: giratina
    movie 13: zoroark
    I want a really bad pokemon villain. I know that yveltal helps you on pokemon Y, but it seens that it didnt want to return to the machine, so that, it joins you, so you could help it.
    Unless they can kill Yveltal or lock it's death powers in prison that won't happen. I'd find it hilarious if Xerneas turned out to be the villain, but don't want either to be evil. There is no pure evil in the world and evil characters ar shallow and/or unrealistic. I do like to hate Getsis though.
    Tentative pokemon Black team:

1.Oshawott; 2. Blitzel.; 3. Zorua; 4. Victini; 5. Deino; 6. Reshiram

Quote Originally Posted by scrambled_togepi View Post
    There is no pure evil in the world and evil characters ar shallow and/or unrealistic.
    +1

It could be argued that pure good characters aren't much better but I find those tend towards having at the very least a reason for their actions (helping others or whatever), while pure evil characters just do shit for no reason.

Quote Originally Posted by YamiiDenryuu View Post
    There is no pure evil in the world and evil characters ar shallow and/or unrealistic.
    +1

It could be argued that pure good characters aren't much better but I find those tend towards having at the very least a reason for their actions (helping others or whatever), while pure evil characters just do shit for no reason.
    +1 for completing my thoughts on morality in fiction about good characters. What I like about Cyrus and N is that they are convinced they are doing what is right. They both want to create a better world but are no less dangerous then Getsis because they have good intentions. Giovanni is greedy but not malicious for the sake of being malicious. Maxie and Archie are just too stupid for me to sympathize with.

i watched the lucario movie the other day. Man what i wouldn't give to see another movie like that instead of this constant big pokemon smash big pokemon shit.

Quote Originally Posted by gritty stunfisk View Post
    i watched the lucario movie the other day. Man what i wouldn't give to see another movie like that instead of this constant big pokemon smash big pokemon shit.
    The promo poster with Xerneas and Yveltal facing each other angrily must not look promising then.

Quote Originally Posted by gritty stunfisk View Post
    The promo poster with Xerneas and Yveltal facing each other angrily must not look promising then.
    it's more along the lines of 'incredibly banal'

Yveltal can be pure evil but xerneas defeat it and it turn back to cocoon form. Or yveltal kills everyone and return to cocoon form and xerneas revive everyone.

The full title is The Cocoon of Destruction and Diancie.

Quote Originally Posted by Eitarou View Post
    Only Cilan can make holding a fishing rod look badass.
    This is Cilan's Stunfisk, he laughs at you.

MEGA F'ING AMPHAROS!!! Ampharos King's Avatar
    Blog Entries

So far this movie contains three unrelated phenomena: a Mega Evolution pokemon army, Xerneas/Yveltal (leaning more to Yveltal since it's the Destruction Pokemon), and now Diancie. There seems to be a lot to include in a 60-70 minute movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos King View Post
    So far this movie contains three unrelated phenomena: a Mega Evolution pokemon army, Xerneas/Yveltal (leaning more to Yveltal since it's the Destruction Pokemon),
    The movie website mentions Xerneas as having a role (despite the title not alluding to it), but the Mega Evolutions haven't actually been confirmed yet. Anyway, the version mascots are said to have created the Mega Stones in the games, and Diancie might be related to the sundial used for finding said stones. So the movie's elements could all be related for a change.
    Last edited by Silktree; 11th February 2014 at 08:04 AM.

Blog Entries

I feel kind of bad for yveltal. It's hard to get a worse type match up than rock fairy.

I'm A Bit-I Mean Witch Capricious Equilibrium's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fabulous Phantump View Post
    What if Xerneas and Yveltal are fighting, and somehow, Xerneas shatters Yveltal's Cocoon. Perhaps it's connected to Yveltal's life force, and when Yveltal is about to die, it takes energy from all living things, as mentioned by the Pokedex. We don't know how much, but it could be fatal to all, or maybe it gets weaker the further from Yveltal. Or it's just like Leech Life. Maybe the Cocoon holds destructive energy, and it needs patched? Maybe even Yveltal was sealed in it, and is rampaging, needing to get sealed again.

What's a strong, durable substance that could patch it up? Diamonds. Too bad we don't have a legend to shove in our faces that can create those from carbon.

Oh wait, hi Diancie! Perhaps Ash and friends travel to find the elusive mineral fae, but a horde of Carbink block them from reaching their 'Queen'?

Personally, I can see it as a race against time movie, with Xerneas or Yveltal, as well as unknowing Carbink being the villains. This fits with the fact that Diancie is after Zygarde in the Pokedex.

I can also see next year being a sequel, with fighting between Xerny and Yvelty causing the cycle of life and death to go whack, causing Zygarde to go Noibat sh!t cray cray with the two, punishing them or balancing them. Volcanion, as it is listed after Diancie, is somehow probably going to be part of it. Perhaps Volcanion is also causing destruction?

I can see it being similar to Giratina and the Sky Warrior, with Zygarde and Volcanion getting new formers. Zygarde is supposed to balance the two, yet both are immune to one of its STAB. Perhaps a Rock/Poison forme to become the big boss between them. Or perhaps a mega? Volcanion's forme would probably be just for the money, but maybe Electric/Water based on hydroelectricity?

Back on track, I believe sudden Megas may be because exposure to Xerneas and Yveltal's energy.

Either way, I am excited for the potential this movie has.
    With confirmation of Diancie, I bring this back up.

Well, things are escalating quickly

Calling it now: the movie will end up being totally different from what we were first told.

...than again, who couldn't call that

The Movie division REALLY needs to start waiting a little later before mouthing off about what happens...

Surely I'm not the only one who thinks they're just winging it the entire time
    Last edited by SammyW27; 11th February 2014 at 08:25 PM.

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast