REVIEW: "May's Egg-cellent Adventure" and "Weekend Warrior" Review Thread - Page 5

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: "May's Egg-cellent Adventure" and "Weekend Warrior" Review Thread

Merciless Goddess Misty's Avatar Retired Staff
    Trophies

lollerskates?

Also, I was glad we got no TR motto in the contest ep. Bar the Surge ep in *Indigo* I don't remember that happening, though I'm told it happened in an ep I missed.

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

TR didn't say the motto in a number of AG episodes, but I can't remember which off the top of my head.

Blog Entries

Just four dub episodes ago we had a mottoless episode. Well, besides the first couple lines.
    Video Game Collection & Wishlist

IMPORTANT REMINDER:
    It's just the Internet. Calm down.

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Brother View Post
    Glad to see the TR dodginess is back! "You're a pain to me too but I won't say where, kids watch this show!" or whatever Meowth said made me laugh. :P

Geez,breaking the 4th wall again? It's been ages since 4Kids has done that to the show.The first ep that comes to mind is Beach Blankout Blastoise,but I figure there had to be some episodes in Johto as well.Not too sure about AG though.

You are [not] a Pokemon.

Blog Entries

Time for another music update.

May's Egg-cellent Adventure

Once again, Pokemon USA kept a lot of original music. This time, they kept about ten pieces (including the Title Screen Theme). I'm not going to list them all since there's probably no reason to all the time. What's the point in saying they kept the Team Rocket Motto for every episode when everybody knows that already. I'll just point out the music that stands out.

1. Pokemon! GETTO Daze!

This music played all the time in Kanto. Before now, it was last heard in the Dub during the Orange Islands. For reference, it was heard in Ash Catches a Pokemon when Ash caught Caterpie.

2. Team Rocket GS Theme version 2

It's like that other Team Rocket music, although the pacing is a bit slower. It was kept in the Dub only through the early Johto episodes. I was used in [AI]A Goldenrod Opportunity[/I] when Pikachu lost to Miltank.

3. The music when Team Rocket blasted off

This music is from Pokemon Heroes which is nice to hear in the Dub as well.

4. Deai to Wakare

This is a nice ending Theme. It's nice to know that Pokemon USA isn't just using Team Rocket and battle music. This piece actually got pretty good treatment by the Dub. It was actually kept all the way through the first Advanced season.

As far as Dub music goes, Pokemon USA went back to using their own, leaving the impression that the 4Kids music in the last episode was just a fluke.

Weekend Warrior

This episode was a disappointment as far as music goes. They only kept five pieces this time. I was really hopeful because of the last two episodes. I guess it all depends on what music the original uses. The music was pretty standard in this episode with one notable exception. They kept Charinko Bicycle Theme for the first time since early Johto. For reference, this piece was used when Ash and company first encounter the Bridge Bike Gang in the episode of the same name.

For the Dub-over music, they used 4Kids music again, although it was handled quite well. They actually played several pieces all the way through for more than a minute instead of resorting to cramming a dozen pieces into a single minute.

I have a theory. I think Pokemon USA uses their own Dub-over music for most episode. But during Gym Battle and Contest episodes, they'll use 4Kids music. Either that or they just love toying with us.
    Last edited by Kazamatsuri; 23rd September 2006 at 04:03 PM.

3. The music when Team Rocket blasted off

I'm not sure what it is. I think it's from Destiny Deoxys.
    I think they didn't start using Movie 7 BGM's till the Heath Battle (which I hope they keep alot of). I think it's from Movie 5.

EDIT: I like you do this!

Blog Entries

Confirmed it was from Pokemon Heroes. Thanks for the info. I already edited it.
    Last edited by Kazamatsuri; 23rd September 2006 at 04:50 PM.

Cool.

I hope we do get alot of the Movie 7 music next week...sadly though, since BF plays, we will probably get dub music during that part....

Quote Originally Posted by GreatLiver View Post
    Okay in the Salery man ep I just saw some weird like Purple and green thing. What was that?
    Edit got a pic
    What is that thing in the center. Is it something that I'm just not seeing or is it just somethign the artists did cause it wasn't complicated to draw.
    I think That's a shiny brooloom or however you spwell it.

Dunno why. but I can't make just ONE post... Anoying little... >>
    Last edited by NekoHaruko; 23rd September 2006 at 08:08 PM. Reason: double post

Blog Entries

Visit Kthleen's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Natsuko View Post
    I think That's a shiny brooloom or however you spwell it.
    Shiny Breloom is rusty orange.

Blog Entries

Hummm, to me, any Pokémon not it's normal colour I consider it to be a shiny Pokémon, or maybe that's just me XD After all, the anime doesn't follow the games in a lot of other things either, so why follow the set game shiny colours either? XD

Anyway I just watched "May's Egg-cellent Adventure" and I really loved it, I agree with everyone when they say that May's voice was awesome in this ep, it really was well done~ and I may also get shot for this but I also heard some good improvement in Ash's voice, I can tell she's starting to settle into that voice gradually.
    Music wise, I'm really glad they left that piece from the 5th movie in <3 Much love to them for that, as well as the other pieces they kept and the dub only music was really great too.

And well other than that I just have to say that the baby Vulpix was adorable and I want one D:

Route 1 - Pokémon Screenshot Project!
    Episode screenshots for all to enjoy~

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PDUTogepi View Post
    Hummm, to me, any Pokémon not it's normal colour I consider it to be a shiny Pokémon, or maybe that's just me XD After all, the anime doesn't follow the games in a lot of other things either, so why follow the set game shiny colours either? XD
    Exactly. A alternate colored Keckleon is Purple and green, but in the games, all that's different is a Blue pattern instead of a red one

See?

Enough about that.

The two episodes were ok. Contesta and Nicolette's dad's voices were horrible. Especially the dad, who probably worse than Ash.

Other than that, they were alright. Can't wait till the Battle Dome and see how Tucker sounds

The Sinnoh Battle Frontier is among them, and an old foe is back for revenge. With Rain's new companions, as well as some old friends by his side, can he win this challenge and stop Shinsei Muto before it's too late?
    Updated Tuesdays and Fridays
    Don't forget the other two. LoS is long, so be sure to have plenty of free time. =)
    Legends of Sinnoh|Shadow Apocalypse

Relax and have fun. The Power of Pika's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GreatLiver View Post
    Okay in the Salery man ep I just saw some weird like Purple and green thing. What was that?
    Edit got a pic
    What is that thing in the center. Is it something that I'm just not seeing or is it just somethign the artists did cause it wasn't complicated to draw.

Looks to me like the animators didn't follow the model sheet since even the Marril is an odd shade of blue and the shroomishes spots aren't coloured aswell. Maybe the animators forgot that Breloom isn't blue.=P

4. Deai to Wakare

This is a nice ending Theme. It's nice to know that Pokemon USA isn't just using Team Rocket and battle music. This piece actually got pretty good treatment by the Dub. It was actually kept all the way through the first Advanced season.
    They used this in Pokemon Advanced...hmm I don't remember it being played that much, though I love when this is the "sign off" song of the show.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast