PREVIEW: M16 "ExtremeSpeed Genesect: Mewtwo Awakens" - Page 9

Page 9 of 69 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast
Like Tree529Likes

Thread: M16 "ExtremeSpeed Genesect: Mewtwo Awakens"

Default Re: Genesect in Movie 16

LOL so they're pretty much giving away Keldeo, Meloetta AND Genesect all at the same time!
    That's absolute total proof of the following:
    1. a gen 6 Pokémon will be the true star of next year's movie, even if Genesect will appear/star too
    2. gen 6 WILL come September 2013 and not any later than that
    3. their whole secret legendaries thing for this gen was badly planned, like, totally... they could do with just Victini and one or two of the others... it's obvious they didn't realize this gen will last less time than the previous one
    SammyW27 and Hidden Mew like this.

Blog Entries

I've found a number of things to counter some theories. For people that like patterns, I can point to the matter that all of the movies except 3 had a "new" pokemon in it, whether it was an official reveal of an event or for the next gen. I can also tell you that no old poke from a remake has ever not been accompanied by a new poke. For Gen 3, Mew was in Lucario's movie. Gen 4, Notched Ear was in Arceus's movie, and Celebi and the Shiny Beasts were in Zorua/Zoroark's movie. From this it can be concluded that they have to put something new in the next movie, and putting Genesect with an old poke is also not going to happen. I also had the thought that two distros of Genesect would be redundant because we know they can use the fateful encounter flag twice. They did it for both Arceus and Celebi. They wouldn't need to make a second Genesect unless it was for it's own sake. (it could still have a different moveset, I know that) To me, this leaves little option left BUT for there to be a new poke, whether Genesect is important or not. (which this revelation really should mean it ISN'T important)
    Last edited by Dragon Char; 11th July 2012 at 09:42 AM.
    Step into the Fairy circle

Primordial ChaosKnight Five-Gate Omega's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Im hoping Mewtwo would be the mystery revealed Pokemon to Co-Star along Genesect, if only because Mewtwo has its Signature Move introduced in this generation and has the most similarity with Genesect backstory-wise. Not that this will happen but if it did, then im almost certain the main focus of this movie would be Genesect. It seems to me that Mewtwo has yet to make a Movie reappearance in over 10+ years and im not talking about specials, im talking about actual movies in which the last movie he got a role in was movie 1 if im not mistaken. So now would be the perfect time for Mewtwo to Co-Star alongside it's fellow Genetically-Engineered Fossil Bretheren.

And for those who don't know, Mewtwo's existence supposedly came about through an experiment which genetically altered a Mew Fossil. (In this case the fossil's DNA was used in an enhanced cloning process.)

On an unrelated note, i'll be dammed if Gen 5 ends too early. In fact i refuse to beleive this until the next gen games are fully revealed no matter the signs we have been getting.
    SammyW27 likes this.

MEGA F'ING AMPHAROS!!! Ampharos King's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I wonder if Nintendo wanting to discontinue the DS line has anything to do with Game Freak revealing and releasing all three event-exclusive Gen V pokemon in just one year. It was one thing that Victini was revealed at the end of M13 in July 2010, and it was only revealed in that month's Coro Coro because Black and White were coming out in Japan that September.

Now Genesect has been revealed at the end of M15, was officially announced in this month's Coro Coro, and will be distributed at almost the exact same time as the other two legendaries through WiFi. If this isn't proof that Gen V will be ending soon, either because of Nintendo wishing to push the Pokemon franchise to its 3DS product line or because of Game Freak's own discretion, I don't know what is.
    Hidden Mew likes this.

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Gen V likely isn't ending soon, they're revealing Genosect because as you said, the DS line is coming to an end and they want everyone to get him before the 3DS overshadows the DS completely.

I honestly can't understand you at all... I don't even know why you'd insist so much since I can't even see any crazy wish of you would be supported by this gen lasting longer than it will
    Last edited by Aestivate; 11th July 2012 at 06:17 PM.

We have to wait and see if Game Freak announce gen 6 sometime this year. So far we knew NOTHING about it.
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Melonhead; 1032-2149-6593; Ground: Wooper, Marowak, Gastrodon
    PM me so I can add you back.

Blog Entries

I don't see any reason to believe this gen will be rushed. The pacing of the anime doesn't seem right:

- We might have gone through the Gyms quickly, but Ash's BW team still feels mishandled and underdeveloped. I can't believe they would leave his team so lackluster like this if the gen is ending.

- The total lack of villains. TR's arc has went nowhere and the lack of Plasma makes no sense.

- Lack of rival development.

- Iris and Cilan won't continue into next gen, (no matter how much people convince themselves they're the new Misty/Brock), and I don't feel like Iris' development is anywhere near done.

- If this is the case, we can assume Ash won't be able to bring back any old Pokemon seen in the opening simply because there's no time.

Nintendo will stop DSlite/DSi/DSiXL production this year, Nintendo is pressuring Game Freak to produce Gen 6 for the 3DS and complete it ASAP, ShoPro's worried that gen 5 would end late this year, and we have 3 months before the League finale. I predict that this is a 26 episode series at most.
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Mecha View Post
    Nintendo will stop DSlite/DSi/DSiXL production this year,
    Uh, that's not how Nintendo works. The GBA was still being produced and released 3 years into the DS' lifespan.

Nintendo doesn't stop production of previous handhelds that are still selling, no matter how outdated they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post
    Nintendo will stop DSlite/DSi/DSiXL production this year,
    Uh, that's not how Nintendo works. The GBA was still being produced and released 3 years into the DS' lifespan.

Nintendo doesn't stop production of previous handhelds that are still selling, no matter how outdated they are.
    I'm afraid that it true for this is the case now, especially with the 3DS struggling in sales.
    Albert Einstein

Blog Entries

I'm afraid that it true for this is the case now, especially with the 3DS struggling in sales.
    The 3DS is not struggling in sales. Its already sold more than the DS did in its first year of life from 2004-2005.

Since we're getting off topic, here it is: Reasons why we think that 5th gen is finished
    Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post
    I don't see any reason to believe this gen will be rushed. The pacing of the anime doesn't seem right:
    I'm still waiting for you to explain why they're revealing AND giving away Genesect NOW then...
    I'm also still waiting for you to explain which Pokémon they'll reveal early in 2013 which will go on to star in that year's movie

- We might have gone through the Gyms quickly, but Ash's BW team still feels mishandled and underdeveloped. I can't believe they would leave his team so lackluster like this if the gen is ending.
    The whole writing of BW is different anyway and wasn't as focused on building a good team like AG/DP, Ash is catching 235235 ones and isn't really developing most of them... so it's more comparable to how Kanto did things, which did end with a completely ridiculous underdeveloped team
    We might get the same here too, wether we want it or not

- The total lack of villains. TR's arc has went nowhere and the lack of Plasma makes no sense.
    The lack of Plasma makes sense when you think about Porygon or the third short movie, that's just how the Japanese deal with things, accept it that there's no Plasma for the anime, as sad as that may be...

- Lack of rival development.
    That's more of an opinion thing... they'll give the rivals some sort of closure and even if it'd be seen as bad by most of us, we'd have to accept it and move on

- Iris and Cilan won't continue into next gen, (no matter how much people convince themselves they're the new Misty/Brock), and I don't feel like Iris' development is anywhere near done.
    Iris barely gets any development anyway, and Cilan even less... they're both likely to leave without any serious development or anything, similarly to the other sidekicks like Misty, Brock, Tracey or Max

- If this is the case, we can assume Ash won't be able to bring back any old Pokemon seen in the opening simply because there's no time.
    He doesn't have to and he may do it in the (about) 39 eps saga we'll have in 2013 before September's new gen
    Last edited by Aestivate; 11th July 2012 at 06:17 PM.
    martianmister likes this.

I still don't believe Genesect would appear in the anime or movie; they made that trailer mostly to announce the distribution of the Pokemon to be available soon, and get it out of the way so that they can start gen 6 in early 2013.
    Albert Einstein

Page 9 of 69 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast