PREVIEW: M16 "ExtremeSpeed Genesect: Mewtwo Awakens" - Page 7

Page 7 of 69 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast
Like Tree529Likes

Thread: M16 "ExtremeSpeed Genesect: Mewtwo Awakens"

Blog Entries

Default Re: Genesect in Movie 16

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Mecha View Post
    Face it Gliscor'd, Nintendo wants the DS to die and this generation to be over. ShoPro suspect this would happen, and thus they limited the series for this gen to be 3 years or less.
    So that Best Wishes lasting 3 years thing had more creditability to it.

Blog Entries

Either that or they planned for years of filler, which would be poor planning on their part. Even now, we have no idea what plans they have for next year, other than this. They will obviously have an alternate origin for Genesect. I wonder what real world location they'll choose for this?
    Step into the Fairy circle

Blog Entries

No surprise here. I hope we don't have to wait until December when the DVD is released in order to see the Genesect preview.

Not sure why people are arguing about the possibility of an appearance of a 6th Gen Pokemon. Now that all the Pokemon from the Unova region have appeared in the anime or movie, it's almost obvious they'll feature cameo(s) of 6th Pokemon.

Hoping this will confirm 6th Gen games next fall.

追放されたバカ

This fall or next fall?

As in fall 2012 0r fall 2013?

Be more specific, as i can't understand where all this irrelevant talk is setting indefinite deadlines w/o more official statements and concrete, official Nintendo, Game Freak, or ShoPro-stated proof.

And I thought this thread was for discussing the movie's potential story content via revealed content, not for Generation V lifespan, Nintendo sales records, the Wii U, 3DSXL. Iwata, or supposedly struggling and/or dying Nintendo products.

Guess I was wrong.

@Hellion;

@Soulmaster;

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by VictreebelGrande View Post
    As in fall 2012 0r fall 2013?
    2013, as in around the release of this movie.

And I thought this thread was for discussing the movie's potential story content via revealed content,
    Nothing has been revealed except for a 5-second teaser that may even be misleading. What exactly do you expect to see in this thread that conforms to "facts"?

追放されたバカ

Genesect's new power is cool.
    Last edited by Aestivate; 3rd July 2012 at 08:39 PM.

Blog Entries

I agree that this movie will star a Gen VI pokemon. By that time, Gen V will have had a very long, complete run. Every Gen V pokemon has appeared in the anime now.

And I thought this thread was for discussing the movie's potential story content via revealed content, not for Generation V lifespan, Nintendo sales records, the Wii U, 3DSXL. Iwata, or supposedly struggling and/or dying Nintendo products.

Guess I was wrong.
    Here we go again with this overstrict "no tiniest off topic is allowed"
    Well, there's barely anything to discuss here really, and it IS related to the movie if we discuss about how Genesect will obviously not be the only star here cause we will get a gen 6 Poké too... it may not it be about the movie's "plot" (which again, there's barely anything to speculate about that from) but it IS related to the movie and SHOULD be allowed to discuss here
    Bubble Frog likes this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Piplup View Post

Guess I was wrong.
    Here we go again with this overstrict "no tiniest off topic is allowed"
    Well, there's barely anything to discuss here really, and it IS related to the movie if we discuss about how Genesect will obviously not be the only star here cause we will get a gen 6 Poké too... it may not it be about the movie's "plot" (which again, there's barely anything to speculate about that from) but it IS related to the movie and SHOULD be allowed to discuss here
    What plot point is there to discuss that's anymore on-topic than whether a Gen VI Pokemon will be featured or not? The former is going to be nothing but speculation given that it was only a 5 second teaser, while the latter at least finds its roots on the atypical release of Genesect. Really, it seems more ridiculous to even discuss anything based on this preview's content other than Genesect's reveal given what we know about how accurate past previews were. If you think there's anything substantial to talk about regarding this plot other than reiterations of the phrase "Genesect's new power is cool" (which is really the extent to which an "on-topic" discussion regarding specifically what was shown in a 5-second teaser would yield), then please, by all means, @VictreebelGrande bring the topic up rather than complaining about other people's discussions (which, btw, you can report if its off-topic rather than keep posting to mention mods) so the rest of us can be enlightened.
    Last edited by The Outrage; 3rd July 2012 at 04:41 AM.

El_
    Blog Entries

I fail to see how Genesect is the biggest and most important legendary of Unova. If anything, that title should only go to the Original Dragon, even if it is not officially reveled yet we know that it existed in Unova's myths and history.

As for Plasma, I honestly do not think that they will appear alongside Genesect. As much as a movie appearance by N/Ghetsis and Plasma as a whole would interest me, I do not have faith that the anime could develop them right in such a short period of a movie. So I'm expecting some kind of revamped backstory, the reverse of what basically happened with Mewtwo. In the games, there is no connection with Mewtwo and Rocket unlike Genesect and Plasma.

As for the Generation, Gen 5 is obviously almost done with, they can't do anything more with it outside of a potential Wii game. R/S/E remakes aren't happening unless they jump ship over to the 3DS, which should only be done with Gen 6 anyways. Pokemon on the DS just this year alone was pushing it, they can't afford it for another year.

I'm just singing the choir right now, though all of this should be readily obvious really.

N set by smalllady
    Ideals/Truth

samurai in autumn garrison-san's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Follow garrison-san On Twitter
    Follow garrison-san on Tumblr

Just a reminder that if you believe a post to be off-topic or otherwise problematic, please use the report feature instead of making an issue about it within the thread itself. With that mind, let's lay off the criticisms about one another's posting, and get back to the discussion at hand.

Blog Entries

Since I find it funny that people think that Genesect automatically means that all pokes have been in the anime by now, I decided to check and see which ones have not appeared yet. It is a really small list by now, but there are still quite a few.

Top results, having not even been in Movie 14:
    Ferrothorn, Vullaby, and Zweilous

Pokes that appeared in movies but have not appeared in the regular anime yet:
    Samurott, Liepard (it was going to be in TR vs TP), Zoroark, Cinccino, Reuniclus, Klang, Eelektrik, Rufflet, and Braviary

I will also note they have not featured fall and winter Deerling yet. I excluded pokes which I know will have an upcoming appearance, such as Serperior. If I missed some, then I don't know about it.
    SammyW27 likes this.
    Step into the Fairy circle

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I remember DP was originally supposed to come out in 2005 giving the AG era only 3 years. It was then delayed to 2006 which is why AG got extended for another year. Back then all new Pokemon were revealed by Movie 7...yet AG still went on for 2 more movies afterward.

BW also introduced tons of new Pokemon to make up for them being on the same handheld. Seeing these pokemon casted aside already wouldn't make sense.

Lastly is Iris and Cilan. Are we really expected to believe that their time in the anime is already up? I realize there's a small possibility of Cilan becoming the next Brock, but even so I don't think the writers will do that again. Iris has barely gone through any development at all besides a few minor things, it seems if the writers thought this gen was ending they would speed along their development.

dawns back i am so happy pokemonmaster101's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post
    I remember DP was originally supposed to come out in 2005 giving the AG era only 3 years. It was then delayed to 2006 which is why AG got extended for another year. Back then all new Pokemon were revealed by Movie 7...yet AG still went on for 2 more movies afterward.

BW also introduced tons of new Pokemon to make up for them being on the same handheld. Seeing these pokemon casted aside already wouldn't make sense.

Lastly is Iris and Cilan. Are we really expected to believe that their time in the anime is already up? I realize there's a small possibility of Cilan becoming the next Brock, but even so I don't think the writers will do that again. Iris has barely gone through any development at all besides a few minor things, it seems if the writers thought this gen was ending they would speed along their development.
    Again your not helping your theory. iris being under developed. Leads me to believe that ash cilan and iris are going to be the next ash brock and misty. come on just except that this gen is over.

edit: why else would they come up with an entirely new cast except for ash. Just to ditch after unova. I don't think so
    Last edited by pokemonmaster101; 3rd July 2012 at 11:52 PM.
    Pure awesomeness

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonmaster101 View Post
    edit: why else would they come up with an entirely new cast except for ash. Just to ditch after unova. I don't think so
    What do you mean by that? They bring in a new girl every gen and Brock's departure was overdue.

Iris is far less important than May or Dawn were, it wouldn't surprise me if she has a shorter run than they did.

Page 7 of 69 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast