Thread: M16 "ExtremeSpeed Genesect: Mewtwo Awakens"

Blog Entries

Default Re: M16 "ExtremeSpeed Genesect: Mewtwo Awakens"

Quote Originally Posted by dracoflare View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Eitarou View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dracoflare View Post
    The female Genesect's voice is cute.
    There's a female one?
    Well, it's voice is female. Didn't you watch the four minutes trailer that came with yesterday's prologue?
    Sounded more like a childish voice, indicating the Genesect Ash befriends is very young.

Eternal ComakariShipper dracoflare's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow dracoflare on Tumblr

Actually, yes. Even if the voice doesn't match Genesect, I still like it.
    Ever read an Ikari+Pearlshipping fic set in an AU?

Other Fanfiction
    Road to be a Pokemon Master <---Slightly Popular Tournament Fic featuring Ash.
    Beyond Truths and Ideals<--Featuring a clash between Ash, N, Team Rocket,Team Plasma and much more.
    50 Shippings to Boot With<--Mega Project to write 50 One-shots for 50 different Shippings.

Quote Originally Posted by WatcherMark View Post
    Here's the thing... everyone is complaining about the fact this is a different Mewtwo when it's supposedly impossible, but I think it's easy to explain away if you try. Think about it... Mew is one of the rarest Pokemon ever, and is also extremely unusual. Presumably, its DNA is different from other Pokemon and every attempted clone of Mew will produce a Mewtwo. Maybe it's that Mew's DNA is so unusual that it has to create a different Pokemon when stimulated, or maybe it's a safeguard against people cloning Mew. Who knows, but the idea that Mew's DNA will always produce a Mewtwo is an easy way to explain how there's now two of them.
    That, and Mew's DNA creates Dittos.

But bad hypothesis aside, I already explain this in the Preview topic of the Prequel special. Mew's DNA is so over complicated, that creating a perfect copy is impossible. Mewtwo was possibly the closest thing they could create from its DNA.
    Quote Originally Posted by FANG-TAN View Post
    Doesn't explain why one form changes and one doesn't. And it isn't just that people are bothered about - the writers didn't even try to give her a unique backstory, a reason for her form changing... or anything. Why not just use the old one then? At the very least, they should have had Satoshi react to seeing a Mewtwo as a reference to the previous one, but apparently they didn't even do that (if the Japanese comments, about there being absolutely no references to the original Mewtwo, are anything to go by).
    I believe that they planned to have the original Mewtwo battle Genesect, but dropped it since the seismic disaster; they don't want to have any major battle with TR and TP especially with the monsters that they created, or it will stirred up memories of that tragic event. Now that I think about it, I don't think Team Rocket will have a major role in the upcoming generation like they do in the current one; Just the TRio goes to the Kalos region to spy on Team Flare.
    Last edited by Dr. Mecha; 12th July 2013 at 02:34 PM.
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Melonhead; 1032-2149-6593; Ground: Wooper, Marowak, Gastrodon
    PM me so I can add you back.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Mecha View Post
    I believe that they planned to have the original Mewtwo battle Genesect, but dropped it since the seismic disaster; they don't want to have any major battle with TR and TP especially with the monsters that they created, or it will stirred up memories of that tragic event.
    This is a massive stretch. Team Rocket don't remember Mewtwo, so it could have easily been brought back without referencing them, let alone the two-parter that had nothing to do with it.

Mew's DNA is so over complicated, that creating a perfect copy is impossible. Mewtwo was possibly the closest thing they could create from its DNA.
    They were clearly trying to make it stronger than Mew. It wasn't just a last resort.

Blog Entries

So we can we expect a review tonight?
    Darth Darkrai likes this.

Blog Entries

Can SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME TO FIND A BLOODY PREVIEW PLEASE AND LET ME KNOW HOW THE MOVIE GOES TOMORROW SINCE I WILL NOT BE ABLE TO SEE ANY PICTURES OR INFO UNTIL IT COMES OUT FOR THE DUB.

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Mecha
    I believe that they planned to have the original Mewtwo battle Genesect, but dropped it since the seismic disaster; they don't want to have any major battle with TR and TP especially with the monsters that they created, or it will stirred up memories of that tragic event.
    But...a battle between the two is still happening. The Takashima Myuutwo is fighting Genosect inside a major city that's not unlike Hiun City, damage to buildings and all. Swapping out the Ichimura Myuutwo with the Takashima Myuutwo doesn't impact that at all.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 20th, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Mecha
    But...a battle between the two is still happening. The Takashima Myuutwo is fighting Genosect inside a major city that's not unlike Hiun City, damage to buildings and all. Swapping out the Ichimura Myuutwo with the Takashima Myuutwo doesn't impact that at all.
    What i'm saying is that they have that plot planned in advanced, but have to swap out TR's Mewtwo with a different one so that it's not like TR and TP; just two experimental Pokémon battle it out. it's more like how the seismic disaster affects the Monster itself rather than the plot.
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Melonhead; 1032-2149-6593; Ground: Wooper, Marowak, Gastrodon
    PM me so I can add you back.

Blog Entries
    Follow FANG-TAN On Twitter
    Visit FANG-TAN's Youtube Channel

But... Mewtwo is no longer affiliated with Rocket Gang... he hasn't been affiliated with Rocket Gang in over 15 years. And what difference would it make if buildings are being destroyed anyway?

ぼくの一番大好きなアニメはCCさくらですよ。
    MY ANIME BLOG | YOUTUBE | TWITTER | JAPAN-BEST | SHANA

You Are (Not) Fine Winterdaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Winterdaze on Tumblr

Closing, as the movie has been released and synopses of the events occuring in the movie are now available.

Page 69 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1959676869