PREVIEW: M16 "ExtremeSpeed Genesect: Mewtwo Awakens" - Page 64

Page 64 of 69 FirstFirst ... 14546263646566 ... LastLast
Like Tree529Likes

Thread: M16 "ExtremeSpeed Genesect: Mewtwo Awakens"

Blog Entries

Default Re: M16 "ExtremeSpeed Genesect: Mewtwo Awakens"

Junichi Masuda is going to talk on a radio show promoting the movie. The first broadcast will be aired tomorrow on FM Aomori at 17:00 JST. I'm hoping that he will reveal some information about Mewtwo's Forme.

@Dogasu @sunyshore

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

The radio show seems to be broadcast everywhere *except* the Tokyo area for who knows what reason. I won't be able to listen to it.
    Last edited by Dogasu; 31st May 2013 at 05:56 AM.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 14th, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

Blog Entries

The first broadcast actually started 30 minutes ago and is probably over by now. There are two more broadcasts slated for today, too. If it's at all interesting, someone will probably write about it soon enough.

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I haven't been following movie news, so did they ever confirm whether this Mewtwo is the same one from the anime or a brand new cloned one?

Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

They haven't said one way or the other.

At this point I doubt we'll ever get an official statement on the matter.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu View Post
    They haven't said one way or the other.

At this point I doubt we'll ever get an official statement on the matter.
    I'm actually starting to wonder if they're purposely leaving it ambiguous because they have no plans to outright state anything one way or another in even the movie itself.

I guess it all depends on if this Mewtwo recognizes Ash....

Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty
    I'm actually starting to wonder if they're purposely leaving it ambiguous because they have no plans to outright state anything one way or another in even the movie itself.
    Where have you been? A lot of us have been saying that for months.

Blog Entries

I don't see how it could stay ambiguous once the movie premieres. The manga adaptation may be getting away with failing to divulge any backstory, but for the movie to do that would just be too much. Whichever Mewtwo this is, at the very least we need to know how it gained access to the new Forme.

The last Smash episode examined scenes from Movie 1 which were followed by a re-airing of the latest movie trailer. What are kids supposed to think when they see that? As far as I know, the Smash cast didn't say anything about the new voice.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    I don't see how it could stay ambiguous once the movie premieres. The manga adaptation may be getting away with failing to divulge any backstory, but for the movie to do that would just be too much. Whichever Mewtwo this is, at the very least we need to know how it gained access to the new Forme.

The last Smash episode examined scenes from Movie 1 which were followed by a re-airing of the latest movie trailer. What are kids supposed to think when they see that? As far as I know, the Smash cast didn't say anything about the new voice.
    Mewtwo could simply acknowledge Ash without referencing anything from the past. It would be no different than how any other legendary addresses Ash when he first sees them.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty View Post
    Mewtwo could simply acknowledge Ash without referencing anything from the past. It would be no different than how any other legendary addresses Ash when he first sees them.
    It doesn't matter how it is going to introduce itself. Mewtwo's awakening is central to the plot, and in order to explain it there has to be an acknowledgement of Mewtwo's past.
    martianmister likes this.

Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

I honestly expect to get about as much of an explanation of Myuutwo's Awakening Form as we got for Keldeo's Resolution Form. Which is to say next to nothing. There will probably be a line or two in the first half of the movie and then, as soon as it looks like Myuutwo's beat, *BAM* it'll get this super cool awesome power up wow look how fast and marketable it is now!

I hope I'm wrong, but I have a feeling I'm not.

Also, Pokemon Smash is notorious for being extremely misleading / outright lying to us. So I take what they do on there with a grain of salt, if that.

Blog Entries

To be honest I'd rather Mewtwo's origin remain ambiguous than the writers to outright say this isn't the same Mewtwo as before. At least if its ambiguous its up to the fans to decide for themselves and we can debate about it for years to come.

Meanwhile if it IS truly a new Mewtwo, they have to go through the trouble of explaining who cloned it and why there's another one in the world, and also the added disappointment that the original probably isn't going to show up later in the film.

Registered User Trainer Gabriel's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty View Post
    At least if its ambiguous its up to the fans to decide for themselves and we can debate about it for years to come.
    Oh, joy, I can picture the banter now. It'll be "Who is Ash's dad?", "What was inside the GS ball?" and "How old is Ash?" all over again.

Still, that wouldn't be a bad idea but, at the same time, I really wouldn't care if a background explanation was given for the different Mewtwo (in the event that it is a different one), personally - regardless of what kind of fears others may have about that.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu View Post
    I honestly expect to get about as much of an explanation of Myuutwo's Awakening Form as we got for Keldeo's Resolution Form. Which is to say next to nothing. There will probably be a line or two in the first half of the movie and then, as soon as it looks like Myuutwo's beat, *BAM* it'll get this super cool awesome power up wow look how fast and marketable it is now!
    Am I missing something? In the manga adaptation, Mewtwo changes its Forme before the battle starts, and it seems to be in complete control of the transformation. That implies that Mewtwo's awakening occurs before the movie, which is definitely not what happened with Keldeo. If so, there needs to be a flashback to explain where the Forme came from.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty
    Meanwhile if it IS truly a new Mewtwo, they have to go through the trouble of explaining who cloned it and why there's another one in the world,
    There should be an actual reason for using a different Mewtwo if that is really the case. Keeping its identity ambiguous would be the epitome of lazy writing, so I don't see why anyone would want that.

It's times like these when Takeshi Shudo's absence is truly felt.

Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree
    Am I missing something? In the manga adaptation, Mewtwo changes its Forme before the battle starts, and it seems to be in complete control of the transformation. That implies that Mewtwo's awakening occurs before the movie, which is definitely not what happened with Keldeo. If so, there needs to be a flashback to explain where the Forme came from.
    I thought my summary of the manga summary (which is apparently unreliable except for when you find it useful to support your arguments?) made this clear. The Red Genosect and Myuutwo leave Pokemon Hills and have a brief aerial battle during which Myuutwo gets defeated. After being unconscious for a while, Myuutwo wakes up, heads over to Pokemon Hills, "awakens," and then starts a second battle.

This transformation in-movie is obviously the character's awakening as described in the movie's title. I don't know how you could have possibly misinterpreted that.

Page 64 of 69 FirstFirst ... 14546263646566 ... LastLast